(Link to video)
FCEU 0.98.15
Sorry about the last submission. I now found out what I was doing wrong and now my new time is 3:24, ~13 seconds faster than axe man.
Enjoy!
Thank you TheAxeMan for the faster trampolien trick for a faster way to the top.

Bisqwit: It being an improved submission over a published movie, accepting it.
Flygon: Added YouTube module.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1053: GuanoBowl's NES A Boy and His Blob in 03:24.23
Okay, I'll vote Yes again, but don't expect me to write a different reason for my vote. Here's my lazy copy & paste "hopper votes Yes because" job. Holy crap! In retrospect, falling through the floor immediately after entering the sewer seems obvious, but then again, in retrospect the theory of the atom seems obvious, so good job figuring out how to nuke this game. Running across thin air was an unexpected twist. This continues to be the weirdest TAS on the site. Easy Yes vote.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Former player
hahaha, hopper, that repost of the post of my last run made me laugh my ass off. ahhhh you are my my laugh before i go to bed.
Change my sig. again, and I will murder your pet fish.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
watched, it looks good. Improvement over the current run so yes vote. Though I don't know exactly what you did to gain the 13 seconds, could you explain?
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
As promised, +1 yes.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Player (87)
adelikat wrote:
watched, it looks good. Improvement over the current run so yes vote. Though I don't know exactly what you did to gain the 13 seconds, could you explain?
Comparing this run with the previous, it seems there are a few small improvements (where the first hole is made, for example), but the big improvement seems to be the 'walk on air' glitch, which saves time in not having to use the blob to make a bridge (used three times throughout the run). Great discovery, a definite yes vote.
print reduce(lambda x,p:p/2*x/p+2*10**1000,range(6643,1,-2))
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
yeah I noticed that glitch. I didn't realize it wasn't in the previous run.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Easy yes vote for the time improvement. I don't know what's going on in this movie, which is good. edit: oops I can't vote! ha ha
Player (24)
Vote yes, without watching this one. Because I already watch the one with the longer ending and think this here ends at the right Frame now and its the same movie. Great glitch the air walk. And the movie looks well done.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
Former player
Thank you for the votes so far.
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
Great job and congratulations on being the first to ever beat one of my runs. I suspected the airwalk glitch might be more useful but never did the work to figure it out, so this definitely deserves to be published. One thing that I wonder about improving is the key. Why not make the key while doing the airwalk in the cave and carry it the rest of the way? It seems you could save time by doing it there since you have to wait anyway.
Spacecow
He/Him
Voted yes. I wonder what Shmorky would have to say about this... :)
Former player
ahh, well the blob cannot be on the screen when you walk in air. I tried doing something about making him jack up and pop off the sewer exit while i grab the beans but when he appeared, i just fell down. So I had to make sure that he was off screen when I did them.
Former player
10 votes yes so far. Thank you for the views and opinions so far. Im trying to work on many different games at the moment. 4 of them are 2 players co-op. (River City Ransom, Contra, SuperC, Shadow of the Ninja) My RCR is looking excellent. Only trouble is I set the difficulty on Hard so they take long as hell to take a Boss down. Also in Contra and SuperC, I believe if you minimize the number of people on the screen(which you can do by moving the gun at a upright movement just before the guy is about to enter the screen which will cause different enemies to spawn). Im going to try and do Crash n' the Boyz Street Challenge again but this time just try and break records with medals and TKO's on the CPU and let the movie stop really late due to the fact that you have to keep pressing buttons to display the ending.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [527] NES A Boy and His Blob by GuanoBowl in 03:24.23
Banned User, Former player
I don't know why I picked that screenshot to use, but I have to admit whoever did the graphics for this release did a really bad job with the facial expressions. I can't help but laugh every time I look at it.
Perma-banned
Former player
haha, yeah, the screenshot is great, nice pixelated finished touch.
i never understood this game....EVER! though it's still a fun one to watch :) voted yes.
Active player (410)
Nooooooooooo, I am tired to upload movies of that damn boring (That's my opinion) game at archive.org. Plz, stop improving it now. ;)
Post subject: EVEN FASTER!?!
I was playing this game on the PocetNES emulator so this might just be a emulator specific bug but if not it could shave even more time. I ran down into the subway then ran backwards (still on the screen with the stairs) and I fell through the stairs. If this could be done again you could try this instead of making the 1st hole.
Ambassador, Experienced player (696)
I've seen this too, playing on an actual NES. Perhaps we've still just scratched the surface of all the glitches available in this game.
The funny thing is the airwalk is NOT a glitch. Well, it is, but it isn't. The skid to stop routine ignores the check for falling, so when you skid to a stop you land in midair. The programmer thought that was funny, and thus LEFT IT IN and gave you a few seconds to try and scramble back to land before you fell, to make the game more cartoony. That said, skidding that far off the edge and running off the other side was not intended. But the funny behavior when you do IS intended.