Submission Text Full Submission Page
Recorded with VBA-rerecording 1.72, and I do not remember switching any option from default.
No warps or passwords used
The only programmng eror used is that one attack may hit several times when you turn left-right
No hits nor deathes are taken
Getting 100 points and no damage in every mission was top priority,
Saving time was not primary objective
Movie is recorder on HARD difficulty. As the hard mode is not unlocked by default, game starts "from reset", not from "power on"
Weapon use is limited to melee weapons and knuckle's weapon tossing. No charged attacks. (Why? I do not like them anyways, I don't know why)
In 15 mission(in cyberspace) there are only 36 enemies on the way and 37 are requied to get 100 points so I HAD to make one enemy reappear...
Double jump and Rolling chips are combined as soon as they are available, they do help to save some time...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1060: zefiris's GBA Megaman Zero 4 in 50:55.87
Former player
There's already a movie of this game which completes the game in like 40 minutes, what's so different about this one?
Active player (277)
Why don't you read the submission to find out?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
That movie is done on Normal difficulty, with z-blaster, and without aiming for 100 points on every mission
Former player
Seriously, is there a big difference? And what's so bad about the missile weapon?
It's not bad, It's just movie with another restrictions... You don't like It - you vote against it... I just want to listen about major mistakes in this movie as it is my first work..
Former player
Why didn't you use the bombs against the first boss? Why didn't you jump when you stole the fire cannon's shield? Why don't you use just slashes instead of dash-slashes? There are a lot of obvious mistakes in planning, and that's just the first level. It's fairly obvious that you didn't use frame advance, because you stall at a lot of places that you shouldn't have. At the second boss right now, and you just lost a lot of time playing it safe with his beam attack. Not cool... Your level paths are pretty questionable, too. If you aren't focusing on the EX Skills, you should be focusing on the Galacta Armor ASAP. Also, I'm watching your Tech Kraken fight and it's also really bad. Didn't you know that you can pull him from the ink? I'm suggesting you cancel this right now. You're taking the longest route possible in Fenrir Lunaedge's level. Your manipulation of the boss itself is terrible, as you've allowed him way too much vulnerability time. Your manipulation of Craft isn't good at all (you can destroy his missiles and his mines), and you somehow managed to need two water pumps when only 1 is really needed. In the prison, you slashed a Keroberos but didn't kill it. You've by this point made two very useless armor pieces. Your tower fight in Cocapteri's level isn't optimal (see published run for the best route). I don't understand why you didn't use the right wall to climb on your way to Noble Mandragora: your double jump would have cleared the centipede mines easily. The Noble fight is pretty OK, though you could have killed her faster by pulling her out of her second to last launch using the knuckle. It would have done that extra 1 hit. The Magno Minus level was cool. Good job. You didn't handle the stairs in Pegasault's level very well, and the fight is lacking. Stop running away from his attacks! In Ragnarok1, you handled a lot of the transitions slowly. Also, you didn't use a drill for the descent, which wastes almost 30 seconds of time. Random Bandom was a quick fight at least. I'm pretty confused with why you're destroying the turrets in the Ragnarok 2 core fight. Why not spend that time attacking the core? I'm not even going to mention the Ragnarok 3 trials. For the Weil 2 fight, you should have destroyed the energy balls that split after you. It would speed up his next attack. So... uhhh... NO.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
EX-Skills are not given on Hard difficulty... Simple slashes do not kill most of enemies, so I had to use dash-slashes that do more damage. I was playing on 6% speed... I realy did not know if I can pull Tech Kraken from ink ( Galacta armor gives double attack against enemies, am I right? And rolling chip allowed me to do attack that does up to 8 damage (if I had an axe) and then continue it with rolling attack for 8-10 damage (without waiting for enemy to become vulnerable) And saving time was not a primary task for me... Thanks for you comments )
Former player
I claimed that if you aren't going for EX-skills (which you aren't), then you should focus on the armor. It would be better if you did charge slashes with Galacta than it would be to use your rolling slash.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
*fixed movie description* don't ask me why -_- I really do not like charged shots.
Former player
Did not watch it for 1 reason : I can't... I don't have the SRAM needed to have Hard mode unlocked... So i doubt it'll be accepted... Though by committing mistakes (like i did) you won't do it again... Unfortunately my run do not provide the SRAM for the European version of the game... Though i'm hardly working on it (on the (E) version) to greatly improve my current run... Reading Zurreco's comment i tend to vote Meh... Though i won't as i cannot watch it...
Not dead yet... still very busy... damn...
Got it... And t's no use recording movie on normal difficulty as it is already done ( following is mime-encoded zip archive with .sav file with hard mode unlocked, just save it in *.b64 file and decode with total commander or what program you use )
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="MegaMan Zero 4 (E).zip"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="MegaMan Zero 4 (E).zip"
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 things: Just because you don't like charged shots doesn't mean other people don't like charged shots either. You mention using dash slashes against enemies with higher hp. This is a very bad idea. You should either wiggle slash (alternate left and right very quickly while slashing), or do a jumping dash slash, land, then cancel a moving slash into a dash. I'm not going to vote since I can't watch this movie, but requiring sram to watch a movie is generally frowned upon unless if there is a good reason.
I just found out I CAN NOT charge Z-Saber in hard mode >_< So Galacta armor would not be of big help...
Active player (277)
Ha! You should have said so in the first place. Then no one would criticize you for it.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
It is a bad movie anyways -_- I am rerecording it... Without any motivation though, I don't think I'll finish it ^^
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!
Post subject: Re: #1060: Lazy_Zefiris's GBA Megaman Zero 4 in 50:55.87
TASVideoAgent wrote:
Getting 100 points and no damage in every mission was top priority,
That is a goal I want to see, and was surprised and disappointed that it was not done in the 100% runs for the 'Zero' games.