• Takes damage to save time
  • Manipulates luck
  • Uses FCEU 98.16
This run is 1163 frames or 20 seconds faster than the current published run. A lot of time saved came from the use of glitches. In addition, all of the boss fights were improved at least slightly.

Level 1

Only about 40 frames saved here, mostly from better precision. In the boss fight I take 2 hits instead of 1. This game is stingy with the health so I cannot take damage for the rest of the game! I learn the invisibility power after this so I never need to.

Level 2

WALL GLITCH. If you get too far to the right edge of the screen you can pass an obstruction before it becomes solid. This allows me to not have to jump down from ledges which costs time. It also allows me to get inside a wall. Once I am, I can jump up though it out of the sewer saving mega-time. Also I got the kite quicker using different technique.
The boss fight was done so fast that the game glitched and bypassed the usual "fireworks" animation saving several hundred frames!

Level 3

I was able to pass through things like level 2 but was not able to jump up inside the wall in this level. Also, while in the auto scrolling section I exploit a glitch to pass through a wall but it doesn't save anytime, it is just for looks.

Level 4

I wasn't able to get inside the wall with traditional means, but I discovered that if you go inside a door and come back, you will be slighter closer to the right side of the screen. This allowed just enough be able to wall glitch. The glitching saved more than enough time to make up for going through a door and coming back.

Level 5

A rather anti-climatic level, nothing saved here except for the boss 2 re-fight in which I employ the same glitch.
Well that is about it, I hope you enjoy!

Truncated: Looks good and improves on a previous version, I'm putting it on Accepted.
Bisqwit: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1061: adelikat's NES Wrath of the Black Manta in 10:17.22
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
For a ninja he sure walks slow! But yeah, loved that glitching through obstacles and up walls stuff, and the movie was short enough to not be too repetitive. And the Boss 2 graphical glitching was cool, and just plain all around well played. I give ye a yes!
Is there really such a long delay after the final boss is defeated or did you just forget pushing a button at the end? I started pushing buttons on the controller and the outro showed a few seconds later.
Former player
Haha, author info in the .fcm still says Guybrush and adelikat :) But your run was great and awesome, I liked the wall glitch. Voted yes.
Skilled player (1885)
Great movie! What a great way to start the day, with a high-quality TAS! :) I liked the wall-glitch, and overall it was really well-played, and also highly entertaining. Thumbs up, and voting Yes! :)
Player (70)
Damn this is crappy game. You make a very good thing out of it though and I decided to vote YES.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
is there really such a long delay after the final boss is defeated or did you just forget pushing a button at the end? I started pushing buttons on the controller and the outro showed a few seconds later.
not sure what you are referring too. after the boss is hit you can run around as the game accepts user input but only for a few seconds before it automatically cuts to the outro scene (what a crappy ending btw!). The outro text advances automatically and does not need user input.
Guybrush wrote:
Haha, author info in the .fcm still says Guybrush and adelikat :)
oops, didn't realize that! O_o lol
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Twisted Eye wrote:
For a ninja he sure walks slow!
agreed The run looks good. A big improvement and obseletes a famtasia movie. YES
What's supposed to prevent a normal player from spamming invisibility?
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
in console playing, invisibility isn't really that useful. It has a short invulnerability time and a long wait time before you can use it again. Anytime I ever tried to abuse it when playing the game normally, it did more harm than good.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [531] NES Wrath of the Black Manta by adelikat in 10:17.22