Submission Text Full Submission Page
No hits taken. Aims for fastest time, entertainment. Hardest difficulty. A variety pack of interesting levels. From football to western to space, this has it all. The speed burst makes for both an interesting speed run, as well as a great attack. Notice that while jump/speedburst, you can be practically invincible by manipulation. Also, when speedburst is out, walk and attack is much faster than normal walk.
Level 1: Manipulated Dizzy so he could be fed three snacks in a row, before he went hyper. This was the max.
Level 2: Somewhat boring level. I tried to make a few things interesting, like hitting the robbers both on the same jump, doing a few cool tricks.
Level 3: My favorite, for good reason. A few tricks are used, If the teetertotters are used properly, buster can manipulate himself to be a red ball, and rocket upwards without having to wait for the ball to come back down. The boss took the most manipulation of the game. He throws both screws and bulbs, however only screws hurt the machine. He throws as soon as he is hit, so I have to hit, wait for 3 screws, hit him again, and then hit all the screws so they fly back at the machine. The machine takes 5 hits at a time, quite an accomplishment.
Level 4: The ball is downed at zero yard line. This is so the counter only counts 10 stars, and not 110. I purposely jump around to maintain the "No hits taken" may add a few frames, but I think worth it to keep in the feeling of the video.
Level 5: Originally, at the begining of the level, Hampton would pilot a plane in circles, handing out bubbles to jump on. However, since Rabbits can fly, this is completely unused. Also, note that once I leave the slow moving blimp, I never return. This was purely for visual affect.
Level 6: Flying was used again at the beginning of the level, saving on ladders and lots of useless level. The final boss seems to have "misses" in it, however, he is invunerable after a hit, until he drops to the bottom of the screen. Once he leaves the gun, he never returns. No misses happen when he is vunerable.
Bonus Levels: Really annoying. Hampton level was manipulated every time, to end the bonus as quick as possible.

adelikat: This game uses a bad rom dump. Be sure to read the Rules before beginning a run. In addition this run need more optimization. Rejecting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Oh wow, I used to play this a lot, looked through my roms and didn't have it, so I picked Pulseman instead. And now a run of it? I'm all over dis.
Former player
I'm getting desynchs with Tiny Toons Adventures - Buster Busts Loose (U) [!] and (U) [t1] ROMs. Is there a reason that you chose the ROM you did? Also, why was the ROM's checksum not recorded by snes9x? Along with this, you ended the first screen of the game with more than 0 dash power, which means that you missed out on possible dashing time. You also did a few random skids that made no sense on the first book shelf; does a rat pop out of the first shelf? I then got a desynch at the elevator, both ROMs.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
He already mentioned the ROM you need to play the movie properly, but I can't find it anywhere. It's Tiny Toon Adventures - Buster Busts Loose! (U) (29166-something) but the only ROM I could find was a (U) [!] one. It of course desynced at the evelator for me too. Pity, 'cause I loved to play the game when I was a kid. Until there is a possible fix, or if we did something wrong, I am withdrawing my vote.
Former player
What I was getting at was that he used an obscure ROM, one that wasn't identified by snes9x.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
S1A1: Dash faster to use the most dashing? You had dash power left over so using it earlier would have saved frames. S1Miniboss: Should have brought him as far to the left as possible while killing him, you ran much more than needed. S1 Boss: You lost time having him stop on the ground, I'm sure there had to be a faster way. S1 Bonus: Again, holding one of the buttons makes Hampton go faster. S2A2: I think you can dash jump closer to montana so that the last running bit is shorter. Train1: hahah, stopping in air? haha I'm gonna have to check how you did that hehe that is the most amusing part of the level, but you did spend too much time trying to push the edge of the screen I think. Not much one can do during an autoscroller, ya did alright. Train Boss: THe running up of the pipes part was pretty good. Going back up to the second level? Never would have thought of that haha....oh *I* get the 88 mph reference now, teehee. S3A2: You used dash to bounce up the first catapult faster, but you never did it again, you should've saved enough dash for it because I'm sure it's faster. S3A3: That first part was pretty darn clever and cool to watch! S3Boss: Great manipulationwork! All screws, very quick battle. Best part yet. Hitting the screws earlier could have made the fight faster, possibly. S3Bonus: Was that an error, moving Hampton one too many times? Tsk tsk sir :( S4A2: The trick of flying up by tricking out the dash system was awesome! And then again in Area 4, that was always the hardest part of the game for me, and yet you never go back to the blimp, excellent work! ...Well that pinball game boss sure went quick! I'm sure you checked if it was possible to enter that top part without collecting all those colored balls, right? I never thought of it to even try... S5A2: EVERY ROM desynced for me here until I used the rom labeled (Beta). So, uh, you used the wrong rom, my friend. :( S5Boss: The movie ended late I think. Also, the boss could have been made more perfect by hitting the cannon more often, I'm sure, there's a lot of vulnerability time lost. Aaaand the ending: Babs wants to kiss Buster. He's making a face like ;| while making a humping motion. Rabbits will be rabbits! So in conclusion, pretty good job but I really do believe it can be improved, so I vote a meh. --Oh right, wrong rom. Sorry, I'll have to give a No. I'd say that you could redo the last stage onward on the right rom and it'd be fine, but at this point I suggest redoing the movie altogether for perfection.
Is it slower to make Hampton trip during the bonus levels? That might have added some variety. Oh and in Stage 6 you don't dash when moving along the beam even though you have full dash energy. Why?
Well, it also desynched for me in the space auto scroll level. Until then I had some "WTF?"-moments, but also some "That looked sloppy"-moments. Maybe you can redo it considering Twisted Eyes's suggestions and using the right rom. I don't think, any movie will be accepted if it uses a beta rom although there is a normal rom available. But keep up the work and maybe try posting WIPs in the SNES Forum.
Senior Moderator
Yeah, you should try to use all the dash energy possible. Other than that, it looks nice.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Former player
I cant vote because don't have enough posts here, but since this desinc with the (U)(!) rom, i wished to vote No (Note: Flood a little). When i see the title, I think that was a sport-game that i play a long time ago (Wacky Sports Challenge). I just have saw Plataform games to Tiny Toons in Genesis and NES.
Not more working on: DKC3 105% < Needs modified Nitsuja Snes9x+9, with reset recording.
Oh, yes, Wacky Sports... I could never beat Baseball because I didn't know how you aim the ball and now my cart is missing. Wouldn't make for an interesting run, though.
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
My brother and I absolutely love the Genesis sports game. We'd almost lose sometimes when on the same team because we'd screw up so much, it was such good funs.
Skilled player (1636)
I can't believe it was desyncing. I have an older version of the rom set, that hasn't been updated by GOODSNES. That really sucks. Also, remember that dashing requires about 5 frames of pausing to rev up. Therefore, to use the extra dash power wastes more time than the jump attack. I'll re-do it, and probably try to get hampton moving quicker.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Player (67)
I'm sure you knew this already, but don't forget that you can jump right before running out of dash power. You'll keep the speed while in the air. In fact, you could do large sections like that. Dash-jump. Dash-jump. Dash-jump. Instead of waiting until your dash meter is full all the time. Also, this is just my opinion, but I think you should look into not just skipping the bonus games. Would it be interesting at all to manipulate a different game each time and then proceed to completely own it? The tennis game might be a problem, though. And the weight thing would be uninteresting. But at least the Hampton game would be funny (don't forget you can move the tile Hampton is walking on).
Because of all the ROM desync things I've been hearing, I might consider waiting for a revision of the TAS, done on a more agreeable ROM, to have a look. As far as the minigames, though, I concur with Blublu that the minigames should not ALL be completely skipped. Here's my opinion on each: Plucky's minigame: This is the absolute worst. Not only is it extremely time-consuming, it is dull beyond belief. Avoid this like the plague. The 'weights' minigame: This is quite dull, I admit, but it's not all that slow compared to a couple other minigames if I remember right. Probably still want to stay away from this. Babs' minigame: This one is at least not very dull, and it can be done with SOME measure of speed. There's got to be some other way to show off in this one as well. Furball's minigame: This might be one of the slower minigames, but I cannot think of a better way to show off than doing this AND going with as few misses as possible. Is this form of 'showing off' entertaining? I certainly think so, although it's possible that not everyone will agree with me. Hampton's minigame: You seem to already know the deal with this one, so I'll stay quiet about it. Feel free to disagree with any of these.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
I managed to find the rom without much problem and it synched just fine. It seems that this game is a TASable game but this run needs more work. I encourage you to do another run: 1) use the good rom dump for the next one. A game on THIS rom will not be accepted. 2) My opinion is to skip all minigames, they aren't interesting enough for a TAS. 3) work on optimizing movements. This run looks very improvable. Maximize the amount you are dashing especially. I would estimate more than 30 sec can be saved with more optimized movements.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Senior Moderator
adelikat wrote:
2) My opinion is to skip all minigames, they aren't interesting enough for a TAS.
You can't just skip them, you must either win or lose them. Both options take time, and while losing ASAP constantly is really boring, one could at least make an interesting winning…
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
I rather see someone creatively losing them.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!