• FCEU 0.98.15
  • Uses warps
  • Manipulates luck
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Take no damage no death
  • As fast as posilbe
Kiwikraze is a funny game where you are Tiki the kiwi bird that has to travel Through New Zealand to rescue his friends a his girlfirend Phee-Phee from the evil Wally Walrus and until now only had his arrows and jumping ability to complete his task... but now has learnead how to fly!
I found a new warp that take the kiwi from 2-4 to 4-4 saving a lot of time and skipping all the boring underwater levels. I use a the flying ability as max as posible(i never get tired of laughing of that) and to use a ceiling glitch that allow the kiwi to go through the floors when is out of the screen improving a lot the final stages. In the stage 5-1 had to slow down the jumping to evade a premature ceiling glitch In the stage 5-3 I couldn't made a more exact flight because couldn't find out the exact moving pattern of the ballon
This is the first movie I make I hope you enjoy it
PD: Sorry for the bad english I'm not very good at it.
adelikat Good job. Accepting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1073: krieger's NES Kiwi Kraze in 03:58.45
Active player (277)
Wow, that's really all you have to do now to complete the game?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Big improvement and big reduction on boredom. Yes.
I don't know the game, but the graphics looked cute and the music was somehow weird ;) And I liked your movie, so one more Yes!
This movie was unbelievable, wow. Much, much better than the previous one. Voting yes without doubt.
No.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
DrJones wrote:
Much, much better than the previous one.
I can't find a previous movie to this. Wow, this game is on drugs. Adding a yes vote.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
>I can't find a previous movie to this. http://tasvideos.org/659S.html I liked it too, unlike the previous one (which is 10 minutes longer).
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
wow I will watch this before I vote, but I don't see how I will vote no.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Active player (277)
So that one extra warp makes it more entertaining? Everybody's voting Yes because the game's shorter now?
Player (24)
Vote yes. New warp = faster and nice wall glitches used. I would like to see a full warpless run through this game too.
Last TAS finished: Final Fantasy Adventure (4.0 Warp Glitch Run) WIP in the moment: Tail Gator (GB) Matty
Bag: Yes because the previous version was unbearably long. Also the previous run lacked the floor/wall glitch and the flying IIRC.
I think it was not its lenght, but the fact that the song is always the same, what made the previous run so unjoyable.
No.
I do think the length was at fault as well. There are long stretches of uninteresting walking at Kiwi speed and even longer stretches of sloooooooooooow swimming underwater.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3596)
Easy yes vote. An entertaining game exploited greatly. Amazing to see a submission that is 10 minutes faster than a previous submission :O
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Active player (308)
Wally Walrus! Like in Woody Woodpecker!
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [587] NES Kiwi Kraze: A Bird-Brained Adventure! by krieger in 03:58.45
I love this movie - I never realised there were any warps in this game....I played the European version which was called "New Zealand Story". I remember the first boss - inside of a whale.
I have been supremely humbled. Goes to show, Monty should stick to watching the timeattacks.
Founding member of GerbilMechs
Active player (277)
Or making them better
Hi there. I'm a big fan of this game(Kiwi Kraze... known as "The Newzealand Story" in Japan). I used to play this game when I was a little child. This movie reminds me my childhood memories. so... I wanna see NO SHORTCUT PLAYING movie!! Plaese.... please... please!!! ...sorry for my poor English ;D
--- Masarin@JP
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
Or making them better
...granted, I did see one place where the balloon-dismount bug would save a couple frames. Just before his last trip through water, he ditches his balloon early when he could have ridden it right to the water and gone straight down. It's not even going to be a second, though.
Founding member of GerbilMechs
Post subject: Re: Wonderful
Masarin@JP wrote:
Hi there. I'm a big fan of this game(Kiwi Kraze... known as "The Newzealand Story" in Japan). I used to play this game when I was a little child. This movie reminds me my childhood memories. so... I wanna see NO SHORTCUT PLAYING movie!! Plaese.... please... please!!!
Hi Masarin, Just letting you know that I've started work on a "no-shortcut" movie. So far, I've completed stages 1-1 through 1-4 in 2 minutes. As far as I know, it's as fast as I can make it without using warps or other exploits. BTW, I've seen a double-jump performed in the movie - while I've managed to pull it off, I'm still not sure on the trigger and how to consistantly reproduce it. But since it looks like a programming bug, I probably won't be using it to advance through the game. (Acrobatics is find, however.)
Post subject: Re: Wonderful
Sigma 7 wrote:
Hi Masarin, Just letting you know that I've started work on a "no-shortcut" movie. So far, I've completed stages 1-1 through 1-4 in 2 minutes. As far as I know, it's as fast as I can make it without using warps or other exploits. BTW, I've seen a double-jump performed in the movie - while I've managed to pull it off, I'm still not sure on the trigger and how to consistantly reproduce it. But since it looks like a programming bug, I probably won't be using it to advance through the game. (Acrobatics is find, however.)
Hi Sigma 7, Thank you for your response! (and sorry for my late response...) I'm really glad to hear that you've already started working "no-shortcut" play. I'm waiting for your success with many expectations!
--- Masarin@JP