Submission Text Full Submission Page
Total: 02:57 min 8833 frames
Plays at hardest level Uses death as shortcut
-Mission: 1-
Get 3 snipers in position. I killed the 2 first snipers to save time.
00:38 min 1909 frames
-Mission: 2- (optional)
Shooting terrorists with the snipers. Skipped
-Mission: 3-
Climbing rope from rooftop to enter the embassys windows. No special notes
00:15 min 731 frames
-Mission: 4-
Kill the 40 terrorist i the embassy No special notes
02:04 min 6193 frames

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1088: macK's NES Rescue in 02:56.66
Senior Moderator
Umm, why not the (U) ROM?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
I'm familiar with this game, but not on a frame level. However, watching your controller input, it seems that you played the game close to real time speeds. I would think that this would lead to inaccuracy in getting the fastest time. It also seemed that you waited in some places for a long time before enemies appeared. Is that manipulatable? Not voting until I find out more.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
I've never played this game either, but since alot of the movie is either a blank screen or a transition to/from a blank screen, maybe this isn't a good TAS game.
Former player
moozooh: dont know, but i notice now that the everybody using (u) roms, so ill do it to next time :D JXQ: yes i choose to wait sometimes, becurse the enemies moves around and you can walk right trough them :D
Senior Moderator
The (U) ROMs are chosen because they run at 60 FPS (because of the NTSC standard; the (E) ROMs are PAL and thus they run at 50 FPS) which give you 10 additional frames of input per second, which will look faster and give you some more flexibility concerning frame precise actions.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
I have to vote no... for a few reasons; 1. Not a "U" rom. There is NOTHING wrong with the "U" rom whatsoever. 2. I'm sorry... Death as a Shortcut? It's a RESCUE Mission! Props for using the Hardest Difficulty level and all... but the main point should be doing it WITHOUT losing any of your men. Now I know it takes a bit more time to comandeer them into place, but I mean it also shows off extreme skill, since on this difficulty level, it's an absolute pain in the ass to pull off, let alone consistently. [Granted, this is personal opinion] Did you use Frame Advance through this, or did you play real time? It did come off with some jerky moments at points where it was difficult to tell. It's not bad, but using a U rom and a bit of improvement can make it better. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
It's also a TAS and I'm sure the men were glad to give their lives for such a worthy cause as saving a few frames :p.
Former player
Yeah, it would be a lot faster just by changing the ROM (almost 30 seconds if I calculated corretctly).
Active player (277)
I actually prefer NTSC just because most games were designed to run on NTSC systems, and the PAL conversions often throw off the intended timing of the gameplay in various ways despite the programmers' best efforts. That's also why I like picking Japanese versions of a lot of games. But the American localizations tend to be better known in English-speaking communities and sometimes have more features, so I don't mind that so much.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!