• Emulator used: FCEU 0.98.16
  • Aims for fastest completion-time
  • Takes no damage.
  • Uses no warps.
  • Abuses no programming errors.
This is a 45 seconds improvement over Frenom's Tiny Toon run. All levels have been improved, as well as all boss-fights.
A lot of improvement comes from using better routes, but a lot of the improvement is simply because of much better and more precise movements.
There are a few things that should be mentioned here.
About Superspeed: This technique is used in every stage. As you'll notice when watching the movie, all stages start with me running for a few frames, and then when I've reached a certain speed, I press down+A. Doing this makes you perform a superjump, and this gives you maximum forward movement, I call this "Superspeed" from now on. Pretty cool name, huh? :) You want to keep this superfast forward movement as long as possible, and to do this, simply perform another superjump as soon as you land.
Another way to keep your superspeed is to dash when you have reached superspeed. The optimal way to dash is to dash every 2 frames, you'll see me doing this a lot in the water-level.
Climbing walls: In this game, the cat can climb walls, similiar to the Mega Man X games. The best way to climb walls is to jump on the wall every 31 frames.
Number of carrots: If your number of carrots is divisible by 11 when you have completed a world, you'll get to a bonuslevel. This is why I avoid getting 99 carrots, (99 is indeed divisible by 11, believe it or not). On the first level, I avoid as many carrots as possible in order to not have 99 carrots in the end. This was a minor miscalculation from my part, since I only ended up with 83 carrots anyway, but you'll have to accept this. I won't redo this run simply to get 98 carrots if that's what you think! ;)
Other than these things, there's not so much more to add. This game is really similiar to Super Mario, with carrots instead of coins, and also a timer, just like in Super Mario. With this being such a simple platformer, you really don't have to have played this game to enjoy the run. Just think of this as Super Mario, but with a bunny.
This run took me a long time to finish. I've been away from making TAS for about 4 months or so now, but a lot of people have motivated me lately to finish this run, so here it is! :)
I would personally like to thank everyone who motivated me to finish this run, even though I'm really laze... Sami, Shinryuu, Guybrush, adelikat, Vatchern... I probably forgot a few people here, but you'll have to forgive me for that.
That's about it, enjoy the run! I'm really happy with the result myself.
"This movie gives a whole new meaning to the term "Bunny Jumping""

adelikat: Good improvement, good votes, accepting.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1135: Randil's NES Tiny Toon Adventures in 12:10.87
Former player
I been watcing your WIPs and I give a Yes vote :) Great movie.
Current Projects: ???
Former player
That's another Famtasia run taken care of, great job.
Skilled player (1402)
Nice improvement, voting yes.
Former player
FINALLY!! Awesome run, lots of speed and variety. And a nice improvement over the Famtasia run. Voting yes.
Active player (432)
Yeah baby! Its been too long you submitted a run. On behalf of the Workbench community, we welcome you back Randy Randil. Nice work & improvement of the current run. Voting Yes.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Superb, easy yes vote. I'm glad to see you finish this run.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
This game needs some backgrounds. Seriously. Paintbrush with a sky color doesn't work. Nice run, I especially liked vertical levels, as I know how painful they are to optimize. Yes vote.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Consistent, fast-paced, funny. :)
Voted NO for NO reason
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced player (723)
Didn't know that published run can be improved so much (else I'd try it myself, really funny game :)) Yes vote.
So if the carrots reach 99 the number won't change if you pick up another one?
Skilled player (1885)
KDR_11k wrote:
So if the carrots reach 99 the number won't change if you pick up another one?
Precisely, because I reach maximum number of lives quite early in the run. If I hadn't done so, I would get an extra life by collecting 100 carrots. BTW, thank you all who voted YES! :)
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Definitely a well done run of the cool little game, great work sir!
Player (223)
I'm glad you got this finished Randil. :) I see you learned a trick or two. Good job. Voted yes.
<adelikat> I've been quoted with worse
Nice improvement, and a pretty fun movie! I'll vote yes on this. Boy, I'm glad that cat is in this game, he makes the later levels a lot more interesting.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Yes. How about redoing the glitched run while you're at it?
Skilled player (1885)
Truncated wrote:
How about redoing the glitched run while you're at it?
I guess I could, but I'm not that sure it will be published... Or if there is a big interest in seeing a glitched run. If you read this, Bisqwit, can you tell me if a run using left+right will be accepted? For those who don't know, pressing left+right in this game makes you face left and run right at superspeed.
adelikat
He/Him
left+right is accepted for every other run submitted why would it be disallowed here?
Former player
Because it's basically just the same run all over again. The only difference is that running will be a bit faster. EDIT: On the other hand, the glitched run is not its own publication but just a reference in the real movie description, so I think it'll be okay if that's improved as well. IMO it wouldn't even have to be encoded into .avi.
Skilled player (1885)
Allright, I'll give the left+right run a try. And as you said, Kyrsimys, even if it's not accepted as a unique movie itself, it can always be a reference to this movie. Wish me luck! :) PS: I don't promise I'll finish it any time soon, we'll see how long time it'll take.
adelikat
He/Him
if it is basically the same as this movie but faster, why wouldn't OBSOLETE this run then?
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Standards were a bit different back when that decision was made. Left+right moves didn't feel right to most people, but I think that has shifted now. (Though, I think they were used in SMB then already.) I wouldn't mind if a left+right movie became the only movie and obsoleted the others, but I wouldn't mind that much if it was just an extra FCM-only movie either.
Skilled player (1885)
Allright, this should probably be posted in it's own thread, but I made the first two levels with left+right. Here it is. Currently it's 235 frames faster than this submission, which means that the endresult will be several seconds faster. Let me know what you think about it.
adelikat
He/Him
The run looks good randil, keep it up!
I also like it. Would be a great improvement. Btw: The bird at the end of each level is cool!