The marble madman strikes again. This time with the Genesis version of the game.
This movie is 87 frames faster than sprintgod's published version when measuring at the crossing of the finish line on the last level (2:22:58 vs 2:24:13).
Like Sprintgod, I put in my initials for the high score which eats up another 25 sec of movie length. Having no middle name allows me to one less letter to put in saving me time, woot. It's about time that came in handy.
But seriously, this is a solid improvement that comes from better precision and a few extra tricks. The most noticeable is the one in level 1. It only saves 2 frames but it looks cool :)
This is my first Genesis TAS, so it took some time learning the emulator. Hope you enjoy!

Summary:

• Emulator used: Gens9J
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Uses death as a shortcut

Truncated: For completeness sake (and because self-judging should be kept to a minimum), I'm putting this improvement on accepted.
Bisqwit: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1142: adelikat's Genesis Marble Madness in 02:49.43
Active player (432)
Looks very optimized. Voting yes.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Skilled player (1885)
adelikat wrote:
Like Sprintgod, I put in my initials for the high score which eats up another 25 sec of movie length.
25 seconds for typing in your initials? That sounds like an awful lot... You sure you don't mean 25 frames?
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
No I mean 25 sec. You have to wait for your score to tally.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
I keep asking myself, "How can Genesis music be worse than NES music?" This version allows for even more exploits than the NES version, the run you did for which was excellent. This is even better, if you watch the run on mute.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
This is even better, if you watch the run on mute.
Seconded! ^_^
Player (104)
JXQ wrote:
I keep asking myself, "How can Genesis music be worse than NES music?" This version allows for even more exploits than the NES version, the run you did for which was excellent. This is even better, if you watch the run on mute.
Haha, I definetly agree on that. I never liked Genesis music. It's like 8 1/2 bit music that fails.
Soft Blue Dragon
Former player
I liked this run a lot, especially the part in the silly race where the birds attack the marble. I think my speakers broke at that point.
JXQ wrote:
I keep asking myself, "How can Genesis music be worse than NES music?"
Just credit that to the BLAST PROCESSING.
What's a man like me supposed to do with all this extra savoir-faire?
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
Tsk tsk, you Genesis bashers. The "music" in THIS game blows (actually I think the whole game is crap), but you can consider yourself yessified anyway.
Player (147)
nice improvement...vote yes
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [693] Genesis Marble Madness by adelikat in 02:49.43
Player (29)
Zoom zoom zoom!
"The way to move out of judgment is to move into gratitude." — Neale Donald Walsch DannyLilithborne on IRC