• Uses FCEU 0.98.16
  • Takes Damage to Save Time
  • No Warps/Passwords Used
  • No Known Programming Errors Abused, besides falling quicker with Grant
  • Aims for Fastest Time
Akumajou Densetsu, also known as Castlevania 3 need I say more?, played using Grant and beaten as fast as possible while being very entertaining to say the least. I hope everyone enjoys this awaited run, not that it was in high demand, I know I enjoyed making it. It's really up to you to describe this run.

Bisqwit: Accepting due to being generally entertaining, and overall good quality.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1146: VANDAL's NES Akumajō Densetsu "Grant path" in 31:25.45
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
This gets a yes vote from me. Very well played. The only thing I wonder is how necessary this run is, but it's definitely more entertaining to watch than the currently published Sypha run. (Warning: Excess wobbling may occur)
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
No Known Programming Errors Abused, besides falling quicker with Grant
I wouldn't call this a programming error, but a character trait. Just like the fact that Grant walks quicker. And as I said in your WIPs, you wobble WAY too much. ;_; With the exception of that, great run.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Experienced player (611)
Well, the trick to falling quicker is you have to walk off the edge on the correct pixel/frame with Grant and let go of any direction, you cannot simply walk off like normal.
Active player (432)
Also voting yes. Well played Vandal. So if this will be accepted and published, will it obsolete any of the current Castlevania 3 runs?
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Experienced player (611)
No, unfortunately it won't obselete any runs but I figure it is good enough, entertaining enough to be published. I think we should just let the people decide and we'll see what happens.
Editor, Active player (296)
I enjoyed watching this run. Yes, there are some flaws in it, but the creative route choices allows it to be entertaining. Flaws don't stick to my eye all the way in the run. Accepting the submission.
Experienced player (611)
Bisqwit wrote:
I enjoyed watching this run. Yes, there are some flaws in it, but the creative route choices allows it to be entertaining. Flaws don't stick to my eye all the way in the run. Accepting the submission.
This makes my day, thank you everyone who supported me.
That being said, I estimate it can be improved by about 10 seconds.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Bisqwit, I'm interested in what ideas you have for improvements.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I have 1 idea, although minor: In A-03 (bottom of the stairs before Dracula), skip the first heart and just get the big heart. You have 1 extra at the end of the Dracula fight. Also, I'm fooling around with encoding this, but need help with doing an initial logo. My framerates are slightly off (60.09983 FMV video vs 60.09977 logo). Any easy way to get them in sync? test encod w/ subtitle, no logo
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Experienced player (611)
yeah there are quite a few things that can be improved on this run and I know of most of them now. This run is mostly a backbone for an even better one to come and chances are if no one is interested I'll redo it in time.
JXQ wrote:
Bisqwit, I'm interested in what ideas you have for improvements.
I don't keep list of them. I just watched the run, and made my analysis on what the quality level of it is. However I can still mention some from my memory: At 19:49, one should have less hearts. It was very laggy when mr. VANDAL disposed of them. At 22:38, mr. VANDAL throws a lot of those weapons at the boss, but they do not provide perfect hit. The first of them misses the boss. This boss battle looks very ineffecient all in all.
Experienced player (611)
I know some of the boss fights aren't as good as they could be since I learned that near the end of the game/my run but when I fought the 3 boss-clump, I fight the big red demon and it looks as though I do not hit it some times but I really did he just has an unbelievable amount of life and can take a couple of hits to lower it, if you don't believe me check it yourself. Edit: Also to note that when I fight most of the bosses I throw a boomerang on the last possible frame, at the start of the fight, in which strikes the boss to ensure that every attack is as fast as it can be allowing me to plow through them but I now know of better combinations that don't really affect this strategy.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [580] NES Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse "Grant path" by VANDAL in 31:25.45
I can't vote, but I just thought I'd say that I liked this run. It is the first time I have seen Grant in action. His ability to walk upside down is very useful.
I encoded also this AVI using Blargg's Nes_Sound_Emu (a manually upgraded version by integrating most components from Game_Sound_Emu). It should sound a bit better than it would have with FCEU's own sound emulation. I did the same with Gimmick and Solstice, too. Both Gimmick and CV3 have a special sound chip in them. Game_Sound_Emu supports three special chips in addition to the standard NES APU, so I have already utilized 75% of its capabilities in just these three movies (or even two movies).
fruitbane
He/Him
I want to know how you get Grant to throw both daggers and axes. In the Japanese version does he throw a dagger instead of stab with a knife like in the US version or something?
Active player (277)
Oh, yeah, I think I read that that was a difference between versions.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude