Submission Text Full Submission Page
For my first TAS I chose to do one of this sites old famtasia runs. This run, however was played on FCEU emulator.
Felix the Cat. A game that is more fun to play, than to watch.
In this run my main goal was to improve on the previous runs speed. To do this my main concern was focused on the boss battles.
I tried to make sure I was ahead, or atleast tied with the current times of the previous speedrun at the end of every level. I ended up beating the last boss ~ 10 seconds faster than the previous run.
No warps or passwords were used. Everything you see is normal programming errors. In this game you are able to go right through projectiles and enemies by timing any one of Felix's attacks at the right moment.This came in really handy on stages 9 - 1 & 9 - 2.
Like I said earlier, this was my very first speedrun. You can deffinetly look for more runs by me in the future.

Truncated: Rejected in favor of this submission. Take a look at it and learn. You probably have some good ideas since you managed to beat him by the in-game timer in some stages. I look forward to an improved movie.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1339: INfintido's NES Felix the Cat in 25:29.90
Former player
have you seen this?
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
I tried to make sure I was ahead, or atleast tied with the current times of the previous speedrun at the end of every level. I ended up beating the last boss ~ 10 seconds faster than the previous run.
um, then why are you 2 minutes slower?
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
there's no way that can be the official time though. I was going by the clock on the bottom, and I was atleast tied with the previous times for each stage, or better. most of the time 1 second faster. I beat the last boss by about 10 seconds faster than the previous run. Plus I didn't know when to stop the video, so it keeps going longer than it should.
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Watching your movie, you seem to collect some bonuses at the end of the level that the previous author didn't. Going by level time is not how you do it, you gotta go frame by frame. In game time won't show you how many frames you gain/lost due to lag, for example. Watching both movies at the same time, you get behind pretty quickly and stay there. All in all, though, it's not a bad attempt, though I think the game itself might be a little boring. Good luck with future endeavors --your path through that flying level with the ballons and byplanes about and such was five whole time-units behind-and then there were those weird bonuses again that the previous author seemed to avoid, costing you large amounts of time. Oh and if your movie does end early, well, that's one of the easiest things to fix before submitting. You did do better in a couple parts, though, I did notice! --aahh, I think that that mysterious bonus that's killing your time is the bonus you get for having Magic hearts or whatever (on the top left) remaining when you exit a stage. The previous author took damage to intentionally lose this 'bonus' and thus save a lot of time. I think that right there was what you missed causing this large time difference. --err, that and waiting several hundred frames after you should've ended the movie! If you 'don't know when to stop recording the movie,' find it out and fix it before you submit it! Waiting all the way through the THE END screen and then starting a new game shows you weren't trying very hard at that point to give us a good movie. Try to not let kind of silliness creep into any further TASes, please, if possible.
Player (80)
There seem to be some significant differences in the blackout between levels. When I play the published avi and this submission side-by-side, the levels are fairly easy to compare but the blackout in the avi is significantly shorter than in FCEU. If you can press a button to shorten the blackout, it'd make the times much easier to compare. You did better in some places but worse in others. This is fine on the condition that you were making a deliberate trade-off, but I don't think that was the case here. A submission that attempts to obselete an existing movie should be faster or equivalent in every way, barring intentional trade-offs. I'm voting no, but don't get discouraged. You clearly found some improvements. There are just some places that need cleaning up.
ideamagnate| .seen aqfaq <nothing happens> DK64_MASTER| .seen nesvideoagent * DK64_MASTER slaps forehead
ahh. ok. thanks for the feedback guys.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
If you realize your submission is not good enough, or if you are making an improvement on your submission, it is good form to set it to "Cancelled". (Go to the page for your submission and click Edit.) It lowers the work load for the judges, and makes the forum less populated. Good luck if you decide to improve this.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Yes, good luck on the improved run.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Skilled player (1885)
Since this movie is a lot slower than Walker's run, (as stated above in this thread) shouldn't it be rejected? I see no reason to keep this movie in the workbench.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
I wanted to give him the chance to cancel it, but if that doesn't happen I will reject it later today. Or someone else can do it sooner if they really feel like it.