Well, here is my improved version of TMNT. This one is 876 frames (14.6 sec) faster than my previous run.
Most of the improvements come from cleaning up mistakes such as optimizing some jumps, handling falling off ledges better, redoing some oversights, minimizing lag, and manipulating luck more skillfully.
1 new trick was added (discovered by Spider-Waffle). Apparently using up+down+attack with raphael allows him to pick up items well over his head. I use this trick to get missles and ropes earlier. Most of the saving was negated by the 2 turtle switches necessary each time. The total savings in these two areas was about 100 frames for missles and about 15 frames for rope.
I figured out how item drops work. You must kill 23 enemies in a zone. The 24th enemy then has a random (quite likely actually) chance of dropping an item. This proves that shurikens can not be used any sooner than when they were obtained in my previous run. I use this knowledge to get shurikens more optimally and to agressively use them since I can manipulate more of them along the way. Extra shuriken use accounts for several seconds of improvement.
Summary: All categories same as before
I hope you enjoy.

Truncated: Accepting this improvement.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1352: adelikat's NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in 16:41.40
Senior Moderator
Alright, now it looks more like a 7/9 movie. ;) YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT.™
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Experienced player (612)
Nice and polished and still absolute great fun, Yes Vote.
One of my favourite TAS. The unsuccessfull suicide over the ledge when saving Splinter was hilarious. :)
Skilled player (1885)
Very good movie, and good improvement over your previous run. Nice glitches and generelly well played. Voting Yes.
Skilled player (1402)
moozooh wrote:
YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT.™
Seconded.
Active player (432)
You sure work fast nowadays. Its great that you took care of the known improvements. Voted yes.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
I will vote yes on this...I have to tell you everytime I see the ending my mind just goes "WTF splinter was human." I like the economic use of Stars - one left over even at the end.
Player (29)
You guys have exceeded my skills.
"The way to move out of judgment is to move into gratitude." — Neale Donald Walsch DannyLilithborne on IRC
Morrison
He/Him
Former player
Nice improvements. Keep up the good work!
twitch.tv/Retrogaming2084
Voting yes.. as long as you dont have any more improvements pending :)
This signature is much better than its previous version.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [724] NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by adelikat in 16:41.40
Skilled player (1670)
This one truly was... the defenition of "wtf". Good work!
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!