Post subject: Advance Guardian Heroes
I doubt that I will be able to actually make a TAS of this, I'm just putting the idea out there. I think it will be a good game to TAS because you have to think about which of the 3 characters you want to start with, and what to do with stats. (sacrifice mobility for power etc) Plus I always get a kick out of Zur.
Signature under contruction, still.
With the way the stats are spread out between the characters, I don't think that mobility vs. power would be that big of an issue. Besides, there's always upgrading your stats, so if there would be a "problem", then chances are it would be rendered moot after the first stage. I believe that the real fun would come in as soon as someone creates a legit SRAM that lets you play as all of the characters. ...well, maybe. That's my two cents. Don't spend it all in one place.
Yeah, I guess you're right, the fact that after level 30 or so in a stat, a 1 point increase really isn't that much anymore. Heh, a TAS using Zur would be interesting.
Active player (308)
Is there an easy mode? Some enemies are pretty tough to beat... (and that's boring)
"Genuine self-esteem, however, consists not of causeless feelings, but of certain knowledge about yourself. It rests on the conviction that you — by your choices, effort and actions — have made yourself into the kind of person able to deal with reality. It is the conviction — based on the evidence of your own volitional functioning — that you are fundamentally able to succeed in life and, therefore, are deserving of that success." - Onkar Ghate
Bisqwit wrote:
Drama, too long, didn't read, lol.
Easy, Normal, Hard, and Super Hard. Aside from the difficulty — which if I recall correctly doesn't determine the enemies' lifebars — in Super Hard the enemies don't have a "!" over their hear before they attack. Useful if you're planning to abuse Counters. Concering the stats of the three main Heroes:
  • Enn — the fire user — has the best attack, but his mobility isn't all that great. In fact, it's only one up from Hyu. Somehow though, I don't believe this factors in airdashing; if that's the case, then that could be abused to heart's content until running speed > airdash.
  • Ray — the lightning dude — has the best mobility and decent attack starting off, but his specials aren't really that great.
  • Hyu — the ice man — has good specials and defense (lolz defense in a brawling tas), but his attack and mobility stats are EX Gold Crap.
Just something that someone would want to consider in case they're planning a TAS for this game.
Actually, certain enemies DO have more health in harder difficulties. I recall the giant Cyclops near the end was nigh impossible to kill without luring him towards the magic casting wall towards the left.
Are there any particular ones (aside from the example you just mentioned)? Because I never noticed it in the basic mobs. That, and I haven't played the game in quite a while.
I can't remember, I should play through again sometime...
ahh yes..I started one I think a while ago...here i'll upload it to show you what i BEGAN but never finished ( I think I go up to the orc but thats all ;-; ) Needs EU ROM to run ADDED: Yup..beat orc and thats all ;-; I use the thunder dude "Ray" do to his pownage AoE attack that saves mucho time on large mobs. I play on I belive V.hard to show the best challage there is ( enamys def goes sky high though crystals are also worth a bit more exp ) and ye with every increse of difuclty there is an added bonus to def and atk power of the foes ( on easy orc does 25% of max hp dmg on v.hard its 135% max hp dmg 0-o;;; )
Im Everywere!!!.....................................Or am I??? Current Projects: AGH on Very Hard (Alpha-Stage 1 done) GSH on Hard (Beta-Stage4 done)
Gah...Now im interested on doing this game again ;-; Well so far if im going to do a run i'll need a few answers from you guys. 1) Should this be on the hardest difucluty or not? If it's on the hardest it defently makes battles more longer ( or at least the ones that need me to kill my opponets ) then again the best challage is also shown...and last time I checked isn't the hardest diff. suppost to be picked anyway? :? 2) Who wants to see this? I already tryed making a Gunstar super hero TAS but due to lack of input I was getting I dropped it all together...If no on cares enugh to give input to a WIP why would someone want to see it done? :? So if people want to see tis game done PLEASE speak up now or let this topic die. 3) Frame-by-Frame aid Im still getting the hang of doing TAS's so bare with me...if you see a flaw in my WIP tell me were it is and what im doing worng...Belive me...it helps as I don't catch every mistake I make ^_^;;
Im Everywere!!!.....................................Or am I??? Current Projects: AGH on Very Hard (Alpha-Stage 1 done) GSH on Hard (Beta-Stage4 done)
I'd say go for hardest difficulty, but I'm a raving nutter around these parts. I'd also be very interested in seeing this TAS being me. While I'm far from knowledgable in TAS-making, I do know some deal about the game, so I'll try to help you in any way I can. Watch that not be much at all. ;>_>
OSNAP DOUBLE POST :O lipucd, I saw your "mega alpha" run, and I have a few questions to ask: #1. Why didn't you just jump off the first falling platform and venture on forth? Surely that one big EXP crystal couldn't be that important. #2. Conversely, wouldn't it be more beneficial to off a few more of those goblins and snag the crystals they leave behind? It may not be much, but eh. #3. Would the F, F + attack... attack... be quicker in hitting the orc, or would the start-up animation just kill the point of it? That's it from me. Hope you continue with this run.
Anon wrote:
OSNAP DOUBLE POST :O lipucd, I saw your "mega alpha" run, and I have a few questions to ask: #1. Why didn't you just jump off the first falling platform and venture on forth? Surely that one big EXP crystal couldn't be that important. #2. Conversely, wouldn't it be more beneficial to off a few more of those goblins and snag the crystals they leave behind? It may not be much, but eh. #3. Would the F, F + attack... attack... be quicker in hitting the orc, or would the start-up animation just kill the point of it? That's it from me. Hope you continue with this run.
#1) I had never truly tried falling just strate down before ( I though I would take dmg or something XD ) but yes it is MUCH fatsre to do that then say just ride it all down ^_^;; #2) If im going to jump off I MIGHT need too...I've yet to see just how strong I can get the charater as im still finish stage 1 but ehh...it all depends if I can get attack to lv 10+ with INT and MP up to 8+ ( thounder move need to be beefed up for stage 2 ;-; ) #3) Yes....and no...I found out that I could acualy combo him quite a bit before I need to resert to F, F, A. but afetrwards it might have been faster just to do that...>_>;; As for the run...I got another update but now on the (U) rom ( EU has that stupid extra screen that pops up as U doesn't ) because I fannaly got a dump of it ( otherwise I would be forced to do EU ;-; ) If you up for aiding me on this I'll acualy work on this! XD http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/3801/1653%20-%20Advance%20Guardian%20Heroes%20%28U%29%28Venom%29.vbm
So far this looks very good. If this is only a test run, it still looks very good, hehe. :3 Looks like a Game I will need to try at some point. ^^
lipucd wrote:
If you up for aiding me on this I'll acualy work on this! XD
Wow, I actually have an influence on someone. How about that. 1) In your fight against the ogre, would consistently sidestepping his punch and then coming back in at the first possible frame and <oh that's just not right o_o;> save more time overall, or not? (Nice variety of attacks, btw.) 2) You might wanna be closer to the golem while reflecting its attacks; that way they hit it quicker. Nice progress. I laughed at the end of the bridge fight. (Come to think of it, that might have been there in the other WIP, but I failed to pay attention to it. Ah well.)
Anon wrote:
lipucd wrote:
If you up for aiding me on this I'll acualy work on this! XD
Wow, I actually have an influence on someone. How about that. 1) In your fight against the ogre, would consistently sidestepping his punch and then coming back in at the first possible frame and <oh that's just not right o_o;> save more time overall, or not? (Nice variety of attacks, btw.) 2) You might wanna be closer to the golem while reflecting its attacks; that way they hit it quicker. Nice progress. I laughed at the end of the bridge fight. (Come to think of it, that might have been there in the other WIP, but I failed to pay attention to it. Ah well.)
to #1 It acualy might....^_^;; I'll try it later today and depending on how great of a differance it makes I might go with that plan ( then again I don't just want to do the same attack over...and over..and over =p ) to #2 For the golem boss its just timed...and to tell the truth...the less time he's in gold..the better XD ( same with the orge boss one hench I don't reflect his attacks >_<;; ) That for the words of encoragement! And Yes in the EU one I also left one guy screaming is head off as he ran away =p I just think thats funny to see them run off after the red one dies XD
lipucd wrote:
( then again I don't just want to do the same attack over...and over..and over =p )
Rats, I knew I wanted to edit in something. Entertainment factor in a game like this is valued over pure speed, so the more you show off, the better. Still, it's your call, and if you can pull it off and still be entertaining.
For the golem boss its just timed...and to tell the truth...the less time he's in gold..the better XD
Hrm, I could've sworn that it was possible to actually defeat that thing before the timer hit zero. If I keep this up, I'm gonna take back up playing AGH myself so that I can continue supporting you. <_<;
Anon wrote:
If I keep this up, I'm gonna take back up playing AGH myself so that I can continue supporting you. <_<;
Please do! the more help the better this becomes! XD And no...can't kill golam at all within those 30seconds... And apperently theres a glitch on the US verson allowing me to go into devil mode forever...or till the "bad" ending anyway! XD Im now wondering if I shoudl pull this off and just do a "bad" ending run or continue as a "true" ending? :? Meh...more from me later! =p
Yay! Update! Stage 1 done! Get it now! For now I'll just do the normal non-"Devil" mode... I took damage doing the Zur battle for two reasons: 1) he snapped me out of my animation for the tunder...Sad to say I couldn't get him to do this again ;-; 2) It charged my rage ending the battle at least 200 frames sooner ^_^;;
I thought that my first post will be different, but what the heck. I love the game, I've played it to death a year or so ago. Just wanted to let you know that you can skip the starting "cinematic" by pressing start. Maybe you can skip other conversations/etc' with it, but it's almost 1AM here and that was the only thing I could get my brain to bother rechecking to be sure.
Mechuyael wrote:
I thought that my first post will be different, but what the heck. I love the game, I've played it to death a year or so ago. Just wanted to let you know that you can skip the starting "cinematic" by pressing start. Maybe you can skip other conversations/etc' with it, but it's almost 1AM here and that was the only thing I could get my brain to bother rechecking to be sure.
Strange...That MUST be a US thing then...As on EU I KNOW that I can't do that at all ( they force you to watch it...all start does is pause the game ;-; ). I'll go back and try that out...I think I also found a faster way though the trees so it might be a good idea to restart anyway =p Thanks for the input! =3 ADDED: Sorry but I can NOT do that unless there is a current save on the game...( it FORCES you to watch it the first time though ;-; as with everything else )...And last time I checked I can NOT use .SAV's on a speed run. Though it WOULD save me a good 1000 frames =p Thanks for the help[ anyway! =D
Glad to be of help. Perhaps the programmers presumed that Americans would be less patient about watching the opening cutscene again and again. :) I know that I started mashing buttons trying to skip it by the third or fourth run.
Mechuyael wrote:
Glad to be of help. Perhaps the programmers presumed that Americans would be less patient about watching the opening cutscene again and again. :) I know that I started mashing buttons trying to skip it by the third or fourth run.
Well if you a bit about the game then tell me...Do you think picking RAY is a good idea? :? I truly think his thunder move is godly ( espaly on the later levels that I can 1HKO the hevens with 50+ MATK XD ) but I do now see all that lag that comes from it...Im just trying to think if theres someone better with an area-of-effect attack that can take out the small mobs fast and easy ( most time gain is just going to be from that >_>;; ). So out of the three witch one would you sggest and reasons why? :?
Woo... Retry #4! yay! get it here *Orc battle redone in favor of time vs. entertainment (I.E. Overuse thunder to teh max ) *Did bride battle slighty differnetly...Now three guards run away insted of one! XD *Impoved menu navagation *The first fight is different but I think its still the same time >_<;; Any hints and such as always are welcomed! =3
Unfortunately, I'm not really that good a player, and can't really help with anything. IIRC I liked Ray the best because his moves looked the coolest. Well, at least until I unlocked that guy that's a real wuss in the story but just plain rocks when you use him. Edit: I checked myself and found that out. Whoops. Sorry for the false hopes.