Submission Text Full Submission Page
Recorded on VisualBoy Advance 1.9
  • Takes no hits (Perfect on all maps, unlocking bonus levels!).
  • Aims for fastest game-time. (Taking any hits adds +3 seconds to your time.)
  • Easy setting. Because i thought this would be more entertaining than Normal.
This is my first attempt at a TAS by the way ^^.

Truncated: Hello Bleh, and welcome here.
This run will be rejected, for the following reasons:
  • You play easy when there is a normal mode. Usually the higher difficulty the better.
  • You lose to a lot of the regular speed-run records, as seen on the page that noitisnot posted (but you beat a few, especially the later long levels)
  • It does not seem like you played all the levels.
The choice of game does not seem that bad, and I think people could find a better played movie entertaining.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1399: Bleh's GBA Kuru Kuru Kururin in 11:33.82
Former player
This was in no way optimised, and it was barely entertaining. Voting no. Try redoing it with frame advance (and a higher difficulty!). How this game was even made without detonating Japan is beyond me.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Skilled player (1086)
This could have been much better. So i'm voting no. Don't feel undermined or discouraged, most people produce sub-par movies when they first join, but it is certainly not the end of the story. For example, my first 3 submissions were shit, the one that finally got accepted took me three months to make. See what i'm getting at? I could have probably made this movie in the time it took to find the ROM. I tried to focus and pick up on problems, but I lost track rather quickly. 1) At the start of the second level you bump straight into the wall (???), why? I've never played the game, so I don't know if this helped you in any way, but it appeared to be a mistake. I stopped counting there, here are some observations as you continuously made the same mistakes. 1) When you are moving around corners you should be a pixel away from touching the wall to be fully optimised. 2) You should know the game. Sometimes I felt as if you were surprised by what lay around the corner. In one instance your progress was brought to a standstill by Spiked balls where better route planning could have evaded them entirely. 3) The stuttering was bad. Albeit in certain instances this was needed to arrange the pole for fitting through a certain space but other times it was obvious that you'd loaded a save state and hadn't pressed the directional key immeadiately. This also told me that you hadn't used frame advance, which a game like this (and more or less any game) would greatly benefit from. 4) You should have played on the hardest difficulty. And why did you finish input when there was clearly another 3 levels left? I assume that they would need to be unlocked, but then again, it should have been part of the run. Some movement was quite fluid and well done, but this was in very small bursts. If the run was entirely like that then I could imagine myself voting yes. If you choose to redo I could review your WIPs if you PM them to me, just to help you off your feet. EDIT -- Oh yeah, also, the springs. Sometimes I felt as if they could have helped and you didn't use them, other times you did use them and they clearly slowed you down.
easy diff. records: http://www.mzrg.com/games/records/KK/adveasy.shtml norm. diff. records: http://www.mzrg.com/games/records/KK/advnorm.shtml (it is important to note that many of the records are achieved by waiting in the start area for a while (for better paddle position and in later levels, for better moving object position).)
Mukki wrote:
When you are moving around corners you should be a pixel away from touching the wall to be fully optimised.
That was EXACTLY what I thought when I was watching this. Voted No as well.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
There is progress for this game on the gameboy advance forum. Be sure to watch it before attempting anything new. http://tasvideos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2093