1 2
12 13
Post subject: New Hack for Masters!!! Super Metroid Impossible (HACK)
Player (209)
Feel the Limit! Download Super Metroid Impossible v1.5 now! ROM required to patch: Super Metroid (JU).smc You can use Fusoya's Lunar IPS to apply the patch with the ROM This hack will bring Super Metroid (and even general video-gaming) into a absolute, never experienced before, new level of difficulty. Everybody who thinks Super Metroid is easy, will find the perfect solution with this hack. Most rooms are designed to be harder to pass, the entire route is changed to make you feel like literally going through hell, and the Bosses are so hard, that you will only get a minimal chance to win! This hack will rather crush you hopelessly down, or make you a absolute master in Super Metroid! It will require you to execute all the hardest possible moves in order to pass different rooms, such as: - Very fast Wall-Jumping skills - Mid-Air Morph Bomb Jumping and Diagonal Bomb Jumping - Bomb Jumping with Mid-Air Demorph + Shooting + continuing BJ - Very flat Mockball or Speed Mockball - Short Charge - Very fast reflexes in all different situations and much more. Furthermore you will require much knowledge of general moves such as crouch-jump with slipping over a high platform, and of course the acting of bosses or various enemies. Although this hack is designed to be on the absolute limit between "Possible and Impossible", as the name already says, I beta-tested everything in the game to make sure that everything is possible to execute in realtime. It will just require insane amount of skill, which without alot of practise only the absolute experts would have. If somebody indeed manages to beat this hack, there is still a challenge left. Try to get 100% of all items! Some secret rooms will be extremely hard to find. Those who can reach both goals, deserve without a doubt a honor for being one of the best and most creative Super Metroid players of all time! Of course without the help of some people I never could make this hack: I want to thank Kejardon, he helped me so many times and gave me countless of useful codes to fix various glitches or change different enemy-AI's to make them more aggressive and stronger, but also for many general hints on how the game works and which possibilities are available in hacking. I can say for sure that at least 15% of the total changes (or 99% of coding changes) are entirely from Kej, thank you for such a big support man! I also want to thank Jathys for his helpful support and especially for the awesome Super Metroid Editor "SMILE". Without it, nobody could hack Super Metroid on such a level! And finally thanks to Drewseph, he was the first person to explain me the advanced SMILE functions when I had no clue. It was a very useful knowledge for the most work I did on this hack. And lastly, this hack has been thoroughly tested, but if somebody still finds some bugs, irregular glitches or freezings in the game, please let me know. PM or email me to Saturn- AT hotmail DOT com. I will fix them as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding the hack (if geting stuck for example) feel free to ask here. There are surely many more "surprises" waiting for you, so I hope you enjoy the hack! Super Metroid Impossible Honor List for: Game Completion: 1. BlueGlass 2. Lance Uppercut 3. Rothlenar 4. catnap222 5. Squ4ll- 6. ICheatAtGolf 7. ducknerd (100%, animals saved) 8. Bob A 9. Anima Zero 10. Tonski 11. soulhunger 12. Max 13. Cpadolf 14. Kidgoku 15. Sneaky Paradox 16. Foxhound3857 17. Rob 18. greyfox8888 19. TheCheruben 20. evilchen 21. JaggerG 22. Swilo 23. P.JMan (first person to get 100%) 24. Buster 25. Blarrrg (100%, animals saved, Let's Play Style) 26. Bolognab 27. DMantra 28. devonodev 29. SapphireRyoko 30. funkyotown 31. BeholdMyStrength (Let's Play Style) 32. rd7979 (animals saved) 33. Greenspectre 34. Mercury Adept 35. rob.fortin 36. juicemousezero 37. gunnargumpert Special Accomplishments: Savestateless game completion by Lance Uppercut Fastest TAS: Cpadolf's any%, finished in 0:49 (Video file)
See my perfect 100% movie-walkthroughs of the best RPG games on http://www.freewebs.com/saturnsmovies/index.htm Current TAS project (with new videos): Super Metroid Redesign, any% speedrun
sounds like a ... hack to me ;)
qfox.nl
Senior Moderator
qFox wrote:
sounds like a ... hack to me ;)
Wow, that's so profound! EDIT: Haha, nice: the first SM hack with altered title screen. :) EDIT 2: First try on the escape was successful with almost 2 seconds left (wow, I'm good). :D
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Tub
I tried, I failed. count me out. (of course I'm lying. I'll get back to it eventually, just to fail again.) Saturn, have you ever considered the possibility that you just might have some underlying sadistic tendencies you need to face?
m00
Senior Moderator
Lol, nice one, Tub. So I've stuck after killing the Torizo. My intuition tells me that I have to IBJ in the outdoor area, but I can't do that in realtime. :\
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Editor, Experienced player (730)
Like SDW, would this be accepted for a TAS?
Homepage ☣ Retired
Player (209)
Tub wrote:
Saturn, have you ever considered the possibility that you just might have some underlying sadistic tendencies you need to face?
Haha. I don't intent to at least. ;-) All I do is to make that thing hard and challenging.
moozooh wrote:
So I've stuck after killing the Torizo. My intuition tells me that I have to IBJ in the outdoor area, but I can't do that in realtime. :\
Comon moozooh, this is one of the easiest parts. If you already have troubles here I really fear how you will solve the next quest! :-) Why making it so complicated when you can just walljump out of the left shaft, as it's always intended to be? As said, with this hack you may automatically become a top player, because it will force you to practise and put the laziness of the "comfortable" way down.
See my perfect 100% movie-walkthroughs of the best RPG games on http://www.freewebs.com/saturnsmovies/index.htm Current TAS project (with new videos): Super Metroid Redesign, any% speedrun
Senior Moderator
Yes, I've already walljumped up the wall, and currently finishing the gauntlet. Damn, this hack makes Redesign look childishly easy in comparison (at least in certain parts that is so).
Warp wrote:
Senior Moderator
Umm, yeah, I guess heading for the Brinstar map room wasn't that much of a "Master" idea... since I got trapped there due to not being able to kill the crawling creatures. >:(
Warp wrote:
Damn Saturn, this hack lives up to its name. I have only gotten to he brinstar shaft (with the door that leads to x-ray on normal super metroid). Spore spawner (or what ever he is called) got harder and faster!
The best time you have is the time you share with other people.
Player (209)
moozooh wrote:
Umm, yeah, I guess heading for the Brinstar map room wasn't that much of a "Master" idea... since I got trapped there due to not being able to kill the crawling creatures. >:(
Oh, indeed, DAMN IT! Thanks for the info moozooh, will remove this stupid grey door in the next update. And thanks Squ4ll-. Glad you liked the fight. :-)
Tub
sorry for being uneducated, but is there any reference for all those places names that are being thrown around SM? "the gauntlet" - "mount doom" - "the n00b escape". I'm mostly guessing what's meant. If there's a reference somewhere, links or good search words are appreciated. since I can't beat the game anyway, I decided to use 'the tools' - or cheats, in this case - whenever my frustration level went too high. Now went down to Norfair, with 0 energy tanks, 10 missiles, and nothing else, being stuck. Did I miss anything or do I have to try getting to Kraid again? oh yeah, I met that map room of doom as well, but moozooh reported it faster :)
m00
P.JBoy
Any
Editor
This is a good place to start http://shadowzerosoftware.ath.cx/smfaq/Misc.html
Former player
Tub wrote:
Did I miss anything or do I have to try getting to Kraid again?
Did I understand correctly that you haven't gone to Kraid yet? In that case, I think that's where you have to go. I'm at Kraid right now and have not yet gone into Norfair. EDIT: A somewhat-spoiler:Going to Kraid didn't do me much good, though. EDIT2: One thing I would like to know straight off the bat, Saturn, is that is it necessary to run around in the hot rooms without the Varia suit? Edit3: Nevermind, I think I answered my own question.
This hack is pretty neat. Good job. Oh, and I thought Mt. Doom was in Mordor. ;)
Friendly neighborhood Christian: "Ah hell diddly ding dong crap!"
I really wanna try this, but I only have the unheadered rom... -_-
Tub
got the super missile but can't find my way back.. Magish: there are tools to add the header. For example, the level editor saturn used called SMILE should have this option. Otherwise, just search around.
m00
Maybe someone could make an IPS to turn an unheadered rom into a headered one? =/
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
NrgSpoon wrote:
Maybe someone could make an IPS to turn an unheadered rom into a headered one? =/
Just use NSRT, it's easy, and should be part of everyone's SNES toolkit.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Editor, Active player (296)
NrgSpoon wrote:
Cannot do. IPS cannot insert stuff, it can only replace. However, here's an IPS file that works for a headerless Super Metroid ROM. http://bisqwit.iki.fi/kala/smi.zip (Hopefully)
Unfortunately, there are some of us who just can't move our fingers fast enough to get really good at some games. I have high doubts I will ever be able to beat this hack, I never even attempted to beat the Metroid Legacy Hack. And using Frame Advance would just turn me away from the hacks even more. I might as well give them a try however. Not promising I will like, or enjoy them.
Player (209)
Tub: I don't know all the references of the names as well, but I didn't care much either. And I think you know what to do when geting Super Missiles: Use the top exit of that room! :-P Thanks Bisqwit, your IPS works well. I will include it on my site somewhat later when I get time. And for everybody, you can (and have to anyway) use savestates. I used them all the time in my beta-tests. It shouldn't be required to use slowdown at all, but if it's too hard for somebody it's sure a way to go. Playing with Frame Advance won't be very fun, but do it if you can't pass a quest any other way.
Former player
Norfair without Varia sucked the fun out of this game for me. Once I got past it it seems that I have to go to Maridia without Gravity? If that's the case, I won't be playing this one any further. I'll have to check for alternate routes later on.
wow , what the 'hack' is this.. sounds very nice and hard too.. gonna leech/try it now thx saturn :D
creaothceann
He/Him
Editor
I'll try it in a minute. :) What do you think the required completion time will be?
1 2
12 13