• FCEU 0.98.16.
  • This movie is flawless. It can't hardly be beaten.
  • ~8.833333333333333333333333333333333333 seconds faster.
  • Faster because of that 5-2 pipe glitch.
  • Faster because Luigi takes 1 power-up at different place.
  • Faster because 5 frames gained at 8-4.
  • Shows oddities.
  • Manipulates ⚜ and ¢.
  • FLAWLESS VICTORY
By oddities I meant, the vine sound that can be heard twice at 4-1. At 4-2, when I kill the last koopa-paratroopa the sounds of the pole has been removed and in 4-3, a fireball is bouncing in a pit.

Truncated: Accepted as an improvement to the previous run. My suggestion for screenshot is 26379, or possibly around 22312.

adelikat: processing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1426: Phil's FDS Super Mario Bros. 2 "Luigi version" in 08:20.98
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
So sure of yourself?
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Experienced player (538)
Let's see if i can improve this by somehow or if my friend mastermind of SMB glitches DMTM can find something useful
Senior Moderator
Shinryuu wrote:
or if my friend mastermind of SMB glitches DMTM can find something useful
Ooh, that should cost a lot of creeds™. That is, of course, if you're a memeber™. ;D
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Shinryuu wrote:
Let's see if i can improve this by somehow or if my friend mastermind of SMB glitches DMTM can find something useful
A large chunk of the improvement here is because of the previous glitch DMTM found anyway.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Active player (410)
Nach wrote:
So sure of yourself?
Yes due to 21 frames rule, 1-1 to 8-3 can't be improved and I didn't slowed down at 8-4 except at those places where it was necessary.
Shinryuu wrote:
Well, DMTM is also my friend. :)
You could mention him in submission text. I mean you should :p
Active player (410)
It's already mentioned in the Mario run no need to thank him twice. If people would rethank people because they did helped them in some way then most movies submission text would only have thanks. Ex. In this run it would be. Thanks to Michael Fried, Bisqwit, Genisto, Me, Pom and his friend, DMTM, Yy, Morimoto without his SMB3 movie I probably wouldn't started TASing games. And if I search carefully, I am sure I can find many other names like blip, nitsuja and Luke for their FCEU work, Famtasia author for adding re-record which gives ideas to some crazy people to TAS games, Nintendo and its SMB development team for making that game etc....
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Phil wrote:
Nach wrote:
So sure of yourself?
Yes due to 21 frames rule, 1-1 to 8-3 can't be improved and I didn't slowed down at 8-4 except at those places where it was necessary.
Can't be improved for less than 22 frames. Someone could find a new glitch which would give more than 21 frames, or make a different route more feasable.
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Active player (410)
Seriously, this time I really doubt it. If it was SMB2 USA and I claim it to be perfect then it would be possible that I am wrong. And in fact I won't claim it even if it would be done perfectly with current known tricks. Yes, there's bugs in games which most of them are minor but they aren't mess of bugs either. Don't underestimate programmers which, ironically, you are one of those.
Emulator Coder
Well, I remember all those times we though Mega Man 1 was perfect... Regarding this run, I have to vote no because you didn't pick up a shell and use it to jump over a pipe by bouncing it off the wall while jumping with it like JXQ did.
Active player (277)
You can pick up shells in this game? Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form. Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form. Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form. Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form. Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form. Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form. Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Active player (410)
Nach wrote:
Regarding this run, I have to vote no because you didn't pick up a shell and use it to jump over a pipe by bouncing it off the wall while jumping with it like JXQ did.
Can you elaborate? JXQ never worked on that game afaik.
Emulator Coder
Bag of Magic Food wrote:
You can pick up shells in this game?
No.
Phil wrote:
Nach wrote:
Regarding this run, I have to vote no because you didn't pick up a shell and use it to jump over a pipe by bouncing it off the wall while jumping with it like JXQ did.
Can you elaborate? JXQ never worked on that game afaik.
JXQ in SDW did some cool tricks which you didn't.
Active player (410)
O_O
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
\o/
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Active player (422)
Nach wrote:
This isn't the first time I've laughed while lurking this forum. It won't be the last time. But for various reasons, from personalities in this thread to discussion by other people in other workbench threads this will probably be the longest and hardest laugh that I'll get. So I vote yes to this joke. I haven't seen the run yet so I'm more devoid of actual comments than usual. Just wanted to say that.
Player (104)
I should vote no because you claim this to be perfect. You make guys like me, who hate hearing that, want to go through and beat it by one frame to prove you wrong. Granted you could be right and I'm not denying it.
Soft Blue Dragon
Tub
oh, even if it's unbeatable time wise, it can still be obsoleted by a more entertaining run. But we all know what happens when we try to argue about entertainment. note that I couldn't watch the movie due to a missing rom and some hiccup between fceu + wine, so I can't comment on the entertainment value of this run.
m00
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
I personally love Phil's confidence & audacity of this claim :) Yes it makes me want to prove him wrong ;p but in this case I think he maybe right.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Experienced player (612)
I vote yes as it's the updated version of the Mario 2 Luigi run (man of your word) and it seems to be perfect in your eyes but regardless, it's beaten as fast as possible.
Former player
This movie is perfect. It can't be beaten.
Come on, claims like these are only fun if you back them up with some kind of wacky proposition. Something like, "if anyone beats this run, I promise to do X". I suggest X be something humiliating/unpleasant. :P
Emulator Coder, Former player
Deviance wrote:
This movie is perfect. It can't be beaten.
Come on, claims like these are only fun if you back them up with some kind of wacky proposition. Something like, "if anyone beats this run, I promise to do X". I suggest X be something humiliating/unpleasant. :P
If this gets beaten by even a single frame, Phil has to root for the Leafs whenever they play Montreal (unless you don't like hockey, in which case that's no punishment at all).
Active player (410)
I don't like hockey and I find funny how people are so angry because I claim this movie to be perfect. Any excellent reasons?
Skilled player (1402)
I don't understand people not liking the "PERFECT". It brought a smile on my face :)