Submission Text Full Submission Page
This movie uses FCEUltra 0.98.15. No emulator settings settings were modified.
This run uses no passwords or warps, and as far as I know, abuses no errors in programming.
The goal of this run is to beat the game in the shortest time, as such, I take many hits to save time, but death cannot be used as a shortcut.
Xexyz is a side-scrolling shooter that not a whole lot of people have played. Xexyz takes place across five islands. The goal is to find a Force Star hidden on each island (world) to gain access to the Mechanical Castle and destroy the boss inside. Along the way, powerups can be bought (although I do not do so), ranging from different weapons to increased air maneuverability to a mirror image of yourself to fight alongside you.
One interesting note is that this game is a side-scrolling shooter, yet in and after the Mechanical Castles, a self-scrolling shooter is used to "travel" to other parts of the castle or to other islands in the land of Xexyz, leading to time that cannot be shaved off the run.
I have canceled this run for obvious reasons. First of all, noone likes it :) Second of all, I've started redoing it, and after passing the first level I can honestly say that both shooters were way better done (I'm aiming for way more kills & entertainment in the shooters now.) and make me look like I actually know what I'm doing (which of course I do, I have the game on cartridge and have beaten it many times, though that's on the matter of hours w/ passwords and stuff.).
May take a while, but I'll get it done.
P.S. Oh and I'm hoping to go a bit faster too. I haven't forgotten!!!

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1470: God-Hand's NES Xexyz in 26:09.83
Skilled player (1086)
I'm thinking that you should redo this. I have my reasons -- 1) In the submission text you say that it can 'definitely be improved' and that you are already working on it. I see no reason then to publish this movie. 2) Watch this movie. These games are very similar and these techniques could make something better here. Having said that I saw no obvious mistakes so you clearly are capable of producing a good TAS.
Shingen
He/Him
Names aside, the fact that he said it could be improved aside, this wasn't too fun to watch.
Voted no on the movie... it was pretty good, considering that it was 26 minutes, mainly autoscrolling. It looked pretty sloppy, but it's impossible to know if it could be done any better without personally testing everything. As for this thread... "love the religious people, hate the religion" as they say.
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
So has anybody actually watched this submission? Edit: I watched this submission, and I have to vote no. It seems pretty sloppy and inconsistent, with missed shots during boss fights (while the boss is vulnerable, no less) and no clear criteria for deciding when to destroy an enemy, and when not to. Also, it looks like it could benefit in a few places from killing some more enemies in order to reduce lag from the number of sprites on screen
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
Editor, Experienced player (730)
you can tell by the vote results that exactly 2 people have watched it and voted. which really makes the entire thread so far an excuse for people to be making arguments about something not related to the submission at all, but the submitter's name and the qualms it raises in people.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Joe
Bisqwit wrote:
So, enough of off-topic and more about this submission, mayhaps?
Anywho, I agree with upthorn in that the run is too unoptimized. With some polish, however, it seems like a good enough game.
Active player (277)
What does God Hand think about all this?
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Player (57)
Bisqwit wrote:
One more time, to make it clear. I am not offended by the name.
Ok, ok... Sorry then. I also think it maybe looks weird or VERY weird when it says on a published movie: "played by God-Hand", or "God's-Hand". But I think it just a name... But again, Bisqwit, you're the boss. You make the rules. If Mr. God-Hand want a published movie here, he have to change his name... Ok, enough of this. I watched the movie and I vote no.
Editor, Active player (296)
Moved some posts somewhere.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!