Emulator used: FCEU 0.98.16
Little improvements here and there, most noticeably in Areas 10 and 12. 264 frames faster than the currently published run.
Bleh.
Also, thanks to Bisqwit for making nesmock, which saved us an estimated seven billion years of work.

Bisqwit: An accept and a process.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1540: Cardboard & JXQ's NES Bionic Commando in 13:58.98
Former player
Well, an improvement is an improvement. e: ONE MILLION YES VOTES FOR WHAT IS BY FAR THE BEST THING TO HAVE EVER BEEN CREATED BY MAN. MY WORD.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
YES YES YES I LOVE IT ALREADY But I'll finish watching before I vote. EDIT: This is the single greatest video I have seen all year. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING ME THE HAPPIEST. +1 vote for publication, +1 vote to restore the star.
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
Player (65)
Dammit! Now you're gonna make me go find a copy of the ROM for the laptop, aren't you?! :angry face: (Will vote after I track down the damn rom again so I can watch.) Edit: Still can't remember where I got the rom with the right checksum, but that first truck scene was sweet. Edit2: Hah! Third time's the charm. Is it sad that I noticed a move that yielded at most 5 frames' improvement in Area 9, but I can't tell what's been improved in Area 12? Anyway, it's faster and the first truck scene is just pretty. Yes vote.
If life were an RPG, I'd be an NPC.
Skilled player (1670)
quietkane wrote:
Is it sad that I noticed a move that yielded at most 5 frames' improvement in Area 9, but I can't tell what's been improved in Area 12?
The Zig-Zag-rooms gained us like a second (Quite amazing, seeing how the sparks go on a timer which defines hate and horrible tasting food (Don't ask)), and then some random frames in the elevator-rooms.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Senior Moderator
Hehe, you've made your homework quick. :P Yes vote for overcoming optimizedness and style.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
In the second truck fight you seemed to miss the last shot. Was it intentional? Edit: Nevermind, I think I see what happened.
It's faster, stronger and better than the last one. Yes.
"Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your home." ( Pratchett & Gaiman: Good Omens )
KennyMan666
He/Him
About the previous submission, I wrote:
Great movie, this game really does lend itself well to TASing.
The improvements were noticeable, definitely a yes vote!
Det man inte har i begåvning får man ta ut i energi. "I think I need to get to Snoop Dogg's level of high to be able to research this post." -Samsara Read my fanfic, One Piece: Pure Corruption
Player (65)
Cardboard wrote:
The Zig-Zag-rooms gained us like a second (Quite amazing, seeing how the sparks go on a timer which defines hate and horrible tasting food (Don't ask)), and then some random frames in the elevator-rooms.
I figured some/most of it had to be in those rooms (because I remember how fiendish those sparks are in real time), I just can't see it when watching at full speed. Whereas I noticed this move in particular, despite the fact that it couldn't possibly have saved you more than a few frames. (Even though it looks awesome and should be used as the screenshot for the new publication. =D)
If life were an RPG, I'd be an NPC.
pdk
Player (52)
frame 20680 is almost as good as the "aiming for the cock" one ;)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [852] NES Bionic Commando by Cardboard & JXQ in 13:58.98
I love this game, even if I can't beat it hahah. so i especially love it as a TAS vid ^_^ voted YES!!
Ren
I'm sorry, I have to vote no. While this was technically a (near-)perfect run, I found it almost completely lacked the flair and magic of Genisto's run. Maybe I'm biased against the version-switch, I don't know. I was a huge fan of this game back in the day, and have played it through on cartridge and emulator several times. And still I had to force myself to watch this to the end. Again, I'm sorry, but I was not entertained.