This is the game that was ported from MSX. The original MSX game is "The Maze of Galious", this is the sequel of MSX game "Knightmare", put on the market by Konami. But NES version is far different from MSX version, we may say this is another game.
  • FCE Ultra 0.98.16
  • Aims for the fastest time possible
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Manipulates luck
  • Length of movie: 18:42(67298frames)
The map is structured in a main map that called the Castle and 5 submaps that called the World. To open the doors that are led to next Worlds, we have to find the Keys in the Castle and Worlds. The 1st Key is obtained at once, but the other Keys are defended by the bosses in each World. Therefore, it is necessary to make the rounds of the Worlds.
Main characters are Popolon and Aphrodite. They each have their own special talents, and some Worlds have the areas closed to men or women, so we have to change character in order to enter those areas.
Popolon
- destroys rock by 1 sword attack
- shoots 2 sub-weapons at a time
- loses power rapidly in water
- jumping height depends on how long Jump key is pressed, and he can jump higher than Aphrodite
- (but can't control the jumping height while he takes damage and blinks)
Aphrodite
- destroys rock by 3 sword attack
- shoots 3 sub-weapons at a time
- loses power slowly in water
- jumping height is constant
I took damages as shortcut by using bat and the balloon bomber like Castlevania series. The direction that blows off by the blast of the balloon bomber becomes the same direction that blew off by the enemy last time. The position where I touch the blast is not related. Even if there is no enemy, I can blow off to right and left by this characteristic. In addition, I used 1 programming error in this game. It is possible to go through the floor by pressing Up and Down key under the ladder. These were very useful for the creation of this speedrun.
I hope you enjoy this movie!

adelikat: Rejecting the movie based on poor game choice. While no one complained of the movie lacking in technical quality, the response from viewers about the game was not good.

adelikat: Unrejecting and accepting for publication to the Vault.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Active player (432)
Hmm interesting game. Reminds me a bit of Zelda 2 (NES). Your effort looked good but unfortunately, I did not consider the game good enough and I wasnt that entertained to vote yes so instead I will vote meh.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
The game was played well, no doubt about that. However, I voted no because I was not entertained at all. It seemed to be a lot of crawling around, collecting money, buying something, collecting arrows and money, continue to collect money and arrows, buy something else, beat the boss. I think this was simply a bad game to TAS, not having much of anything to abuse/save time (but the go through the floor glitch, from what I could tell, was very helpful in saving some time)
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Pros: * Good technical quality. Nothing stuck out as improvable with this movie. It certainly meets site standards. Though, since I am not familiar with the game, I have no way of knowing if the route is optimal or not. * Uses programming errors/unexpected play. It does show a superplay of this game; showing something unexpected (the ladder glitch). Cons: It is just not an interesting game. The first time you did the ladder glitch I was thinking "hmm, I'm not sure that was intended by the game or not" so I read the submission text. Other than that moment, nothing peaked my interest. I will vote meh with a leaning towards no. If this were a published movie were published I would rate it with a 4,7 or 4,8.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [2192] NES Majou Densetsu II: Daimashikyou Galious by hisatoki in 18:39.79