Submission Text Full Submission Page
It looks so easly and slowly. but it contains many Techniques. To make this speedrun, I spent time of half a year.
  • Emulator: Snes9X v1.43+ v9
  • WIP1 timing - ON
  • Allow Left+Right/Up+Down _ Off
  • Volume envelope height reading - On
  • Fake mute desync workaround - OFF
  • Sync samples with sound CPU - On

Summary

• Aims for fastest time.
  • No deaths
  • Good ending
  • Uses no passwords

adelikat: Rejecting this submission due to both problematic technical quality and entertainment value. Also the viewer response was not great.
A more thorough explanation is posted in the discussion thread.
This TAS shows good potential. I hope to see more submission from you in the future.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Heh...it's a prequel to NiGHTs and steals music from Final Fantasy IV. Crazy game. ^^;; BTW, the correct game title is Sandra no Daibouken - Valkyrie to no Deai (J).
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Post subject: Re: the correct game title
>the correct game title is Sandra no Daibouken - Valkyrie to no Deai (J). sorry & thanks. I correct it soon.
Player (48)
Great work Motogiri! And thanks for making a TAS of one of my favorite action game. When I was a kid, I would play this game again and again even after I beat it. I really enjoyed your run.Voted yes. By the way, are you from Japan, by any chance? I also write comments about the run in Japanese. motogiriさん、素晴らしい動画をありがとう。サンドラの大冒険は私が子供の時、何度も何度も繰り返してプレーした、とても大切なゲームです。多分実家には、パスワードをメモしたボロボロになった紙が今でも残っていると思います。 あなたの動画は本当に楽しめました。また、次の動画も楽しみにしています。
Recca
He/Him
Former player
Hahaha!!! Isn't funny! I just started this game one week ago cause I really like it, even thou it's like the hardest game ever xD haha. I'll watch it with pleasure! :D Will vote after watching! Fun that more people knows and likes this game ^_^ Cheers!
Kodachi no Hans - Hans i Dungen [Baka Rangers]
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Never heard of this game, but it sure looks like an interesting one to play. The run is good, but clearly improvable throughout on the very small scale; also, I just watched the second time of you beating on those...termites? chewing on tree roots? and the last one, you attacked twice while it was on the vine (you can do that? Would it not have been faster to do it more often?) and your shot made you hit the wall and do another of those dizzy periods. Seemed like a huge waste of time. So yeah. Haven't finished the run, but you're doing a good job on the whole, but the details, the frame by frame, seems improvable from time to time. For all I know, that may be my inexperience with the game talking. All together, I like the movie/game and wouldn't complain about it being published at all, for what I've seen so far that is.
Recca
He/Him
Former player
I really liked watch the movie! Even thou I think it can be optimized a bit. But we'll see :) Good móvie!!! :D
Active player (432)
Interesting game. I somewhat enjoyed watching your run. Will vote yes but there are some situations which made me wonder if they could not have been a bit faster.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Post subject: about attacking termites
sorry to late reply. > I just watched the second time of you beating on those...termites? >chewing on tree roots? and the last one, you attacked twice while it was >on the vine (you can do that? Would it not have been faster to do it >more often?) and your shot made you hit the wall and do another of >those dizzy periods. Seemed like a huge waste of time. to beat termites, 1. shake wall(=attack wall) & dropp termites. 2. attack Because it is possible to run away earlier than it even if it tries to attack it directly, it is not possible to attack it directly usually. Moreover, because the head knocks against the ceiling even if flying high and the attack operation is canceled, it is not possible to attack it directly basically. However, because the attack reached even if there was no ceiling in the example of the direct attack up and the termite ran away, the method of the direct attack was selected. It is thought that it wants to do to the next problem about a detailed revision part. The correction is not put out right now ..daring the expectation for the thing that another updates my record one after another like "Mario 64"... Is it this and isn't it in the answer to the question the problem? The translation dictionary was made for one hand because it was not good at English. Please pardon it though it is not thought that it is easy to understand. 通常白アリ(本当は”ねかじりむし”という名前ですが便宜上こう呼びます)を倒すには、 1.壁を揺らし(=壁に突進する)白アリを落とします。 2.落ちてきた白アリを倒します。 という手順を踏みます。 落とさず直接攻撃しようとしてもジャンプするより早く上に逃げられて しまうため、基本的にこの方法以外では倒すことは出来ません。 突撃して攻撃しようにも天井に頭がぶつかって動作が取り消されてしまいます。 しかし直接攻撃した例では上に天井がなく、かつ白アリが逃げても攻撃が届く ため、直接攻撃をする方法を選択しました。 細かい修正箇所については次回の課題にしたいと思います。 マリオ64のように他の方が次々と私の記録を更新していくことに期待し、あえて今すぐ修正をすることはしません。 英語があまり得意でないため、分かりにくい文かもしれませんがご容赦ください。
Editor, Active player (296)
It looks bad to me. There are a lot of stops and waits. But I do not know if they can be avoided. Also, what little interesting text there is, is skipped so quickly that it cannot be read without pause+frame advance. (And when I try, it is rather difficult to undestand.) I would like there to be a lot of explanation on things that only the players of this game know, and on things only the TAS maker knows. Without explanations, this movie has no value for the majority of the audience.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
I voted no. Many situation don't look like they were handled with frame precision which hurt the enjoyment factor of it. If it can be improved it should. If it can't be improved then it is a problematic game for TASing. Only about half the game was entertaining. The other half bored me. Even the good half was only marginally entertaining. For the type of game that it is, I think the length is problematic too. Also, is there a (U) version of this game? If so, what is its name? Overall, I have to vote no. Though if it were improved by a large margin somehow, I might be open to voting yes.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Recca
He/Him
Former player
There is a (E) Rom but no (U). Yea I think I saw some more frame precisions to, but I really liked the movie anyway. The game is so different and cool from all other platform games so I really don't think the time should be so much to nag about.
Former player
I can't shake the feeling that this run was done without the use of frame advance or slow-down. Either way, this run has a lot of obvious minor flaws, focusing mostly around the lack of precision in certain tasks. Seems like and excellent game, though, and I hope to see a newer/better run in the future. No vote.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
Upon closer examination, I DO think a more optimized run could have good TAS potential. I attempted to redo level 1 and got a time 17 frames faster than your submission. I think with better understanding of the game physics (which are quite weird) I could have done more. I barely knew what I was doing. In the process I discovered how rich and varied the movements are in the game. (In many cases it just makes it more annoying though. Like when the character lands on the ground and stops for number of frames, or falls on his belly >:|) The main problem with the movie is that the character gets going at warp speed, smashes into a wall, fumbles around, and then jumps over it. Even if this is the best solution time-wise, it still looks bad to watch These things really take way the entertainment of the run. If they can't be avoided, then the game is not as good of a game choice because it makes the game LOOK not optimized and isn't an elegant demonstration of superhuman ability. If it can be avoided it then it must be redone to cut out such mistakes. Also, I suspect some of these situations can be avoided with more effort. I suspect this game can be improved by 30 seconds to a minute; possibly even more. More importantly, many of these improvements will make the game more impressive. Also, I noticed the movie does not end until the credits are over, but no user input is required to make the credits scroll. The input should end on frame 150923 rather than 155970 making the movie length 41:55.38 not 43:19.50. This will need to be fixed in a future version. I am rejecting this movie due to needed improvements. However, an improved/optimized version is not a garuanteed acceptance. I reccomend posting WIPs in the SNES discussion forum in order to get an idea of audience response. Better to find out before the movie is completed.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!