Post subject: Rockman & Forte
Former player
Yeah. I'm making a Time Attack of this. I have no idea whether Rock or Forte can go through the game faster, but I'd rather play as Rock. Although it would be neat if the website hosted 2 different time attacks of the game: one for Rock, one for Forte. I have done a bit of thinking about which Robot Master to fight first, but I am constantly thinking that Cold Man is the best to start with, and then go Burner Man, Pirate Man, Ground Man, Tengu Man, Magic Man, Astro man, and end with Dynamo Man.
Former player
Try both. You'll notice there are two movies for Castlevania 3, one with Syfia and one with Alucard.
Do Not Talk About Feitclub http://www.feitclub.com
Former player
Forte is faster. But do both ^_^
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
Former player
There could also be categories for pure speed and 100%. Man, this sounds like a Metroid game right about now... -Josh
but then you take my 75 perchance chance of winning, if we was to go one-on-one, and then add 66 and two-thirds ch...percents...i got a 141 and two-thirds chance of winning at sacrifice
Former player
100% requires playthroughs by both because there are CDs that only one of the two can get.
someone is out there who will like you. take off your mask so they can find you faster. I support the new Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-kun.
Emulator Coder
Location: In his lab studying psychology to find new ways to torture TASers and forumers
Here's an interesting one... R&F saves the CDs into SRAM. When you reload in Snes9x a save state, does the CD you collected reappear? In ZSNES, SRAM is not saved in save states, so if you save state, collect, reload, the CD is gone. That means if you make a re-recorded run through the game, you can collect stuff without it actually showing up in the movie and wasting time...
Warning: Opinions expressed by Nach or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of Nach himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
Former player
I see potential de-synching if that is the case. Whatever the case, I won't be collecting the CDs in my Time Attack, and will instead just go straight for Wily. If anyone is interested in progress...I'm in the middle of the lava room in the museum...I'm rather a bit slow at moving it forward, and it certainly doesn't help(or maybe it does, since it makes a faster video) that I've scrapped the run twice in order to make sure the earlier rooms in the museum were faster. EDIT: Oh yes, and I know someone else that is currently Time Attacking as Forte, so chances are I won't make a run as him.
THis will be intresting to wathc when it's done :>
Former player
Heck, it's interesting enough to watch incomplete, hehehe. Perhaps I should poke and prod Megafrost into completing his run! :D As for the Forte run, short of me picking it up from my brother I don't expect it to make much progress...
Where can i find the incomplete version? Pls gimmie url :>
Former player
I haven't put it up anywhere. Giga just happens to be my oldest brother. I'll put up an incomplete version once I'm done with the museum.
Former player
Very cool, this is one of my favorite mega man games :)
Former player
I've finally finished with the museum after getting off my lazy butt. If anybody wants to see what I have so far, you can download the current movie file at http://www.kraftfam.org/~dtk/rockman.smv . Any comments? EDIT: I'm fixing the boss fight. It can be done way faster than that. EDIT2: I've finished improving the boss fight. It is now 15 frames faster than it was before. :)
F*CK! Can't download it :/ Btw, which rom do u use?
Former player
Rom information:
File: C:\MEGAMAN9.ZIP Name: ROCKMAN&FORTE Speed: 31/FastROM ROM Map: HiROM Type: 02 Kart contents: ROM+RAM+BAT Header ROM Size: 32Mbits Calculated ROM Size: 32 Mbits SRAM size: 2KB (16Kbit) Actual Checksum: FE67 Header Checksum: FE67 Header Checksum Compliment: 0198 Output: NTSC 60Hz CRC32: C070DDF0 Licensee: Capcom ROM Version: 1.0 Region: Japan
As for the being unable to download part, our internet connection has been real crappy in the past few days, but I'll put the movie file in a ZIP and see if that does anything. http://www.kraftfam.org/~dtk/rockman.zip Try both links again. Hopefully it will work.
Still can't d-load it :/ Has anyone else got problems to download it, or is it just me?
Former player
I've just figured out the problem. The server is on a linux machine and I didn't capitalize the link correctly. http://www.kraftfam.org/~dtk/Rockman.zip
Former player
That was ****ing beautiful :D I can't wait to see the whole run. Dare I guess how many rerecords it'll have ;)
Oh thanks! :D Gonna watch it right now :>
Looks nice to me :D Is it hard to complete the game withour getting hit? Would be fun to watch a version of that 2 :>
Former player
It probably wouldn't be too difficult to make a no-hit time attack. But from what I've experimented with, getting hit seems to be faster when done properly. I like using the temporary invincibility to get across spikes. :) I'm about to fight the snowman sub-boss in Cold Man's level, and it's rather complicated. The snowman has temporary invincibility after getting hit, and without a health bar, it'll be hard to tell if a given hit deals damage or not. I could always use the flashing as a clue...
But the snowman goes pretty fast to beat without charged buster so I think u should spray him without charging
Former player
The temporary invinicibility isn't too long, so yes charged buster isn't really worth it. I managed to get past the snow man. I'm pretty pleased with how the fight turned out. I've still been working, and I have just the last room before I fight Cold Man.
So my idea were good? ;D Will u be finished with the whole movie in a week? Or maybe it takes months! :> Well, I hope there will be a great movie after all :)
Former player
I'm sure that even at my slowest, it can't possibly take an entire month. Unless I ditch the run entirely, but I don't think that's likely. ;) Expect a lot of usage of Ice Wall in my movie. It deals a heck of alot of damage when I use it in combination with an auto-firing rock buster.