Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a speed run of Level 0-1.
- Goal: fastest at any cost!
- Rerecords: No Rerecords what so ever!

Bisqwit: Quoting laughing-gas: You need to complete the whole game in order to submit, except in very special cases. I don't think this is one of them.
Rejected.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1624: WiiS360's NES Super Mario Bros. "0-1" in 00:46.12
P.JBoy
Any
Editor
A. this movie uses a hacked ROM (Super Mario Bros. (JU) (PRG0) [h1].nes) and so is not good for even playing. Although, he does technically complete the game because this level is the only level in the game. B. compare this to other TASs. This movie is unoptimized, this movie doesn't even use save-states and therefore not even tool-assisted C. you do not complete your goal, nor does it meet any guidelines D. boo!
Chamale
He/Him
Player (178)
The reason this doesn't work with some ROMs is that they were hacked from games such as Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt. The intro to these cartridges makes sure the Mario game starts on 1-1. Maybe with one of these cartridges, it would be possible to skip the intro fast enough and reach 0-1. Who knows?
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
0-1 version is a hacked ROM. That's not allowed. Also, the point of this site is to use tools. See http://tasvideos.org/WhyAndHow.html.
Hack? More like bad dump.
P.JBoy
Any
Editor
No it's a hacked ROM the h in Super Mario Bros. (JU) (PRG0) [h1].nes stands for hacked
....................... .............: STANDARD CODE NOTES ::............ : :\ : [a] This is simply an alternate version of a :\ : ROM. Many games have been re-released to :\ : fix bugs or even to eliminate Game Genie :\ : codes (Yes, Nintendo hates that device). :\ : ------------------- :\ : A bad dump often occurs with an older :\ : game or a faulty dumper (bad connection). :\ : Another common source of ROMs is a :\ : corrupted upload to a release FTP. :\ : ------------------- :\ : [f] A fixed game has been altered in some way :\ : so that it will run better on a copier :\ : or emulator. :\ : ------------------- :\ : [h] Something in this ROM is not quite as it :\ : should be. Often a hacked ROM simply has :\ : a changed header or has been enabled to :\ : run in different regions. Other times it :\ : could be a release group intro, or just :\ : some kind of cheating or funny hack. :\ : ------------------- :\ : [o] An overdumped ROM image has more data :\ : than is actually in the cart. The extra :\ : information means nothing and is removed :\ : from the true image. :\ : ------------------- :\ : [t] A trainer is special code which executes :\ : before the game is begun. It allows you :\ : to access cheats from a menu. :\ : ------------------- :\ : [!] Verified good dump. Thank God for these! :\ :...............................................:\ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Active player (435)
I'm sciencing as fast as I can ! ______________________________________ <adelikat> once more balls enter the picture, everything gets a lot more entertraining <adelikat> mmmmm yummy penises
Former player
P.JBoy wrote:
Although, he does technically complete the game because this level is the only level in the game.
Crap, I thought he was referring to minus world.
Borg Collective wrote:
Negotiation is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.
Editor, Skilled player (1938)
WiiS360 wrote:
Hack? More like bad dump.
Even if it's a bad dump, it's not allowed anyway since good dumps exist. And it's like a hack.
Though, wasn't one published movie played on a bad dump? I also don't see how a bad dump is like a hack, but whatever. This is unrelated to the current subject at hand. The movie itself I have no comment on.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Anon wrote:
Though, wasn't one published movie played on a bad dump? I also don't see how a bad dump is like a hack, but whatever. This is unrelated to the current subject at hand. The movie itself I have no comment on.
http://tasvideos.org/1434S.html - http://tasvideos.org/690S.html Both of these are/were published movies done on bad dumps. But they aren't as lame as some of the 0-1 levels I've seen for SMB.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Banned User, Former player
Anon wrote:
Though, wasn't one published movie played on a bad dump?
Past mistakes don't justify repeating the same mistake.