Sometimes mistake...
Not dead.
With skills.
With ending.
USA language.
It`s my first try...
Maybe I`ll come back with new video

adelikat: Rejecting.
1) This game does not differ significantly enough from this game.
2) Also this is clearly suboptimal playing. According to the Guidelines a TAS must beat all existing records yet there are claims of faster times than this unassisted.
Also, I fixed the ROM name.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1642: alpha1233's GBA kirby-nightmare in dream land in 57:52.93
Sometimes mistake...
This whole submission was a mistake. Voting No for obvious reasons.
You should probably watch the video before voting okaygo... Look at the question you're answering. :)
ShadowWraith wrote:
You should probably watch the video before voting okaygo... Look at the question you're answering. :)
How can I enjoy watching 's-kirbyn.gba'? I can't, therefore enjoyability is zero.
Editor, Experienced player (730)
in order to vote no on it for technical reasons (without looking dumb), you should have watched all of it.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Then you haven't watched it and thus cannot answer the question. Answering no to it in this case is wrong, but it doesn't really matter either way.
I guess you're right, but it doesn't matter.
Player (21)
This movie is very good !
Hi ~
Perfectacle wrote:
This movie is very good !
Your new to TAS? Anyways, I watched about 30000 frames, the video is played at a experienced player human reaction, I see no frame optimization attempted. Many times it seems clear that the way Kirby moved wasn't the fastest, sometimes he hits walls, or floats to move straight. The end of the level is really confusing, do you aim for the high score, or the low score? The low one is faster, but you do both! The video is also boring, as you seem to run around on base Kirby for the first 10 minutes or so... hardly using any of the faster abilities. Also for anyone who cares, the video is the (E) [!] version.
Editor, Expert player (2313)
I always wondered whether a 'Kirby-Nightmare in Dreamland' TAS would be accepted, because there is already the older version 'Kirby's Adventure'. I'll watch this later.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Considering I can do 100% in about the same time on a console (and SDA rejected it) there's no way this could fly here. Voting NO.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
yeah i dont get it does this game have any advantages over adventure?
The Ability Glitch used in the 'Kirby's Adventure' TAS is gone. These are the only glitches for this game I know of. And it has better graphics. Oh, and that easter egg is also gone I believe. That's all.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
The controls are more forgiving. The graphics and sound are much better. Different ending text (that isn't Engrish). New battle music against Dedede. A few boss changes (the Turtle is gone, I think he was replaced with the Elephant) and a few tweaks here and there. And other minor tweaks here and there. I wouldn't mind seeing a Kirby - Nightmare in Dreamland run, but I know just looking at the time that this run could be greatly improved. And if you're going for a high percentage, you might as well go for 100%.
Former player
Sir VG wrote:
The controls are more forgiving. The graphics and sound are much better. Different ending text (that isn't Engrish). New battle music against Dedede. A few boss changes (the Turtle is gone, I think he was replaced with the Elephant) and a few tweaks here and there. And other minor tweaks here and there.
I don't think this all justifies a new TAS.
My published movies [03:45:05] <Naohiro19> Soulrivers: ... [03:45:19] <Soulrivers> ? [03:46:35] <Naohiro19> <Soulrivers> No! <Naohiro19> So? <Soulrivers> Yes! [03:46:48] <Naohiro19> joke
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Well, given the lack of the UFO glitch, we could use this as a "non-glitch" run (since watching UFO the entire game is kinda boring) but it would also have to 100% to give it more of a differential than the NES version.
ok even though i just beat adventure for the 10th time (havent we all) i gave this gba port a try and i really like the upgrades; i just 100%'d it in one sitting the elephant is adorable i also like how backdrop has a "homing" built in and throw projectiles have double the width, makes both useful suddenly also, the damage done by abilities is amped and the damage done by spitting stars nerfed some i dont like how the "hidden" areas from adventure are suddenly MUCH easier to find on the remake seems to be a lot more changes than i was expecting of course, few that affect a tas, but definitely enough to warrant giving it a play if youve smashed through adventure
MUGG wrote:
I always wondered whether a 'Kirby-Nightmare in Dreamland' TAS would be accepted, because there is already the older version 'Kirby's Adventure'.
Sure it would. But only if you're using SRAM to play as Meta Knight.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I actually took the time to actually dig out my (E) version and start the video. I watched two levels...and it made MY run look good. >_>;;
Active player (277)
I remember that one of the levels near the end of the game had a whole new area in it in this version. Also, I think the spinning castle things don't spin or have enemies on them anymore... which is dumb.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/561703/19818 I just wanted to mention that there are some more differences than 'different musics and graphics'. The guide says that some rooms/enemies got changed.
EDIT:
83% Clear. Sometimes HP is not full.(attacked) Sometimes mistake... Not dead. With skills. With ending. USA language. It`s my first try... Maybe I`ll come back with new video
It's supposed to be 83% Clear. We don't need to know that. Takes Damage to Save Time There are way too many mistakes we see here. As okaygo said, there was no frame optimization implemented here. Sometimes you delay about 20 frames just to do something. You're not supposed to die in a TAS unless it saves time. What skills? You're supposed to stop the movie input after delivering the last hit on the last boss. For a first try it was okay. Maybe you'll try to improve this? Heck man I've already shaved a lot of time in my WIP. And what mistakes can I rundown? Well here it goes: -You do know that you can use High Jump while in Mid-Air, right? There are a few levels where using it saves time. -There are too many noticeable frame delays we see. -Doesn't use Burning Ability when hasn't Luck Manipulated Wheel Ability in the first levels. -You let Metaknight block your attacks.
I like Doraemon
Former player
I think this could be the biggest case of hypocrisy on this forum ever.
My published movies [03:45:05] <Naohiro19> Soulrivers: ... [03:45:19] <Soulrivers> ? [03:46:35] <Naohiro19> <Soulrivers> No! <Naohiro19> So? <Soulrivers> Yes! [03:46:48] <Naohiro19> joke
hypocrisy
That means that I'm not honest.
I like Doraemon
Editor, Experienced player (730)
And we don't like dishonest people here (I'm looking at you, Saturn.) So, pack your bags and go elsewhere. Bye.
Homepage ☣ Retired