Submission Text Full Submission Page
This is a speedrun of Super Smash Bros. using Mario on Very Hard and with no damage. Ness is also beaten.
Used Mupen64.0.5.1 re-recording, and all of Jabo's plugins, except for the input plugin, I used Rice's Direct Input8 1.6.

adelikat: Rejecting due to receiving very poor viewer response, poor gameplay, and problematic game choice. Better luck next time.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1661: wazkatango's N64 Super Smash Bros. in 11:29.98
Former player
You haven't seen this.
Borg Collective wrote:
Negotiation is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.
Editor, Experienced player (730)
No vote. It's clearly not optimal (you make many mistakes and don't beat any records), Mario is a poor choice, and this was not well played or well thought out. Unfortunately, this game is cursed partly because of bad/n00bish submissions like this.
Homepage ☣ Retired
i dont care for the charackter choice if it would beat the submission anyways it does not and its not fun to watch either, no iam sorry!
Voting No. Heres why: 1. compared to 894S, you have fewer rerecords and a longer time. 2. As Comicalflop has said, terribly unoptimized. 3. SSB is a very controversial game when it comes to TASing with many runs in the past being submitted and rejected. Think you just picked a baaad game for TASing :)
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Since there wasn't a submission on this website yet, I thought it would be good if I made one for it.
TAS: to beat a game faster than Sonic can blink.
There are submissions. They were all rejected.
Editor, Experienced player (730)
There's not a published movie yet. However, there's exactly 3 good submissions that were cancelled/rejected, and the rest are poor submissions like this one.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Former player
You'd find them if you searched "List all submissions" or the forum history.
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Player (34)
I'm not going to vote since it's fairly obvious what the result will be, but I hope you'll be a bit more thorough next time, since you now know how. =) I also won't reiterate what the others have said about the length of the run, the characters and whatnot, so with that said, good luck on picking another game! ^^
我々を待ち受けなさい。
No. Sorry, even without the other submissions, there were to many missed grabs/hits/fireballs and generally bad choices to be a good run. Should we make a guideline for submitting SSB runs... Like "Must not be submitted".
Banned User, Former player
The Great Morphologous wrote:
Should we make a guideline for submitting SSB runs... Like "Must not be submitted".
Although I can't view the submission at all (no N64 emulation, computer too crappy)... I have to ask, why? Doesn't this game have a 1P Story mode? Assuming that is used, why is every single run on this game rejected to the point that these things are considered? Then again, after reading the threads, it looks to me like most people are picking the wrong goal for this game. (Hint: it isn't "aims for highest score" or "aims for fastest time".)
Perma-banned
Player (104)
Heheh, well I have to give you credit, I would certainly be impressed if I saw someone do this on console...but I am fairly sure there are runs that exist faster then this already. Seemed very slow going. For me that is pretty awesome cause I can turn it on and have some background noise when I draw. But for the purposes of the site I don't think this is gonna quite cut it. You did choose a game with many failed attempts. Good luck next time. :) Leaving you with my encouragement, I will cast my no vote.
Soft Blue Dragon
Player (84)
Hi wazkatango! I'm sorry that you decided to TAS this game. even though it is a great game to play, the majority does not find it entertaining to watch, so I doubt that a TAS for this game will ever be accepted. But, don't let this discourage you. There are many games left to do. cheers.
Former player
Xkeeper wrote:
The Great Morphologous wrote:
Should we make a guideline for submitting SSB runs... Like "Must not be submitted".
Although I can't view the submission at all (no N64 emulation, computer too crappy)... I have to ask, why? Doesn't this game have a 1P Story mode? Assuming that is used, why is every single run on this game rejected to the point that these things are considered?
As has been shown before, most people find SSB's 1P mode (note that it is not a "story" mode) uninteresting for lots of different reasons. Mainly, it's hard to make this game entertaining AND fast: the fastest techniques usually are very repetitive and the entertaining techniques usually take loads more time to pull off. There is no good balance between the two for this game, especially when you compare it to Mortal Kombat 2 or Street Fighter. We, the Workbench denizens, have set a precedent that "pure-speed," "best score to frame count ratio" (laffo), and "highest kill count in 5 minutes" do not cut it as publishable on this site. Unless something huge happens where the game becomes magically more entertaining, I highly doubt that we will ever get an SSB 1P or Multi submission published. Now, why doesn't anyone ever try to submit BTT or BTP movies? Those are at least palpable.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Former player
Voted No. Game is played very sub-optimally. Obvious mistakes everywhere. Missed punches and kicks, missed grab attempts, fails to press Down to speed up player's fall, doesn't beat any records (speed or score-wise), etc, etc. I suggest you watching this video, namely Comicalflop's high score run with Kirby, which is, in my humble opinion, a perfect TAS of this game: http://tasvideos.org/1379S.html In fact, I don't know why it wasn't accepted (I thought it was), since that run is not only very entertaining and simply awesome, but it's also as perfect as it gets.
If a run were to be made, it would have to be more like the MK or streetfighter runs, focusing on entertainment as a primary goal. Anything else would probably feed the grues. No vote from me.
Has never colored a dinosaur.
Banned User, Former player
Zurreco wrote:
As has been shown before, most people find SSB's 1P mode (note that it is not a "story" mode) uninteresting for lots of different reasons. Mainly, it's hard to make this game entertaining AND fast
halting: error found There is your problem right there.
Perma-banned
no cause its not optimized, like everyone else said
Clearly unoptimal, you even miss your first fireball on the BTT stage, leading me to believe that even the WR for normal play is faster there. No