Post subject: Blast Corps
Having a speed run of all plats in BC would be awesome, but so stupid hard. I would laugh my head off if it happend though.
TAS: to beat a game faster than Sonic can blink.
Former player
Borg Collective wrote:
Negotiation is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
The only person I know whose wants to work on it is a certain Mr JXQ, but he seems to have a vendetta against either Mupen, N64 games or both.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
Yeah, nevermind that Mupen doesn't emulate Blast Corps at all - it's that vendetta that's stopping me. I actually am not so amped about doing this run as I once was. The main reason is that I think a run of the entire game would get boring, especially with some levels played multiple times, but the alternative idea of playing each course after all the levels are complete (which is exactly what SDA has done for this game), isn't too appealing either. Also, there's the trick of changing the camera angle to avoid lag and get a better time. Well, with a TAS, you could zoom way out to the missile view and probably improve the time on every level. While this would be obviously lame to watch, where would the line be drawn? This technique is used a little bit in console runs to improve times. I don't know a good answer to this either. So I'm stuck at the beginning, like I was for Cool Spot. I'd also need a hardware upgrade. I also haven't had any motivation to TAS lately. My motivation is off at the bar with Brushy's motivation, drinking itself into a stupor \o/
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Former player
If this game becomes playable in Mupen you can count me in to TAS this game to ultimate perfection :D ! Getting plat in every level is easy if you've done that at least once on console.
.:| www.superplayers.de |:.
Player (104)
laughing_gas wrote:
Stop making topics.
Agreed. Also, try using the "Search" function, located at the top of this forum, between the FAQ and the Memberlist. It's very useful to know if a topic already exists or not. Oh, and don't be afraid of reviving old topics. It's better to revive old ones than to create multiple threads for 1 game.
nfq
Player (93)
Halamantariel wrote:
It's better to revive old ones than to create multiple threads for 1 game.
Why?
Player (36)
Because then everything related to one game is all together and is easy to find.
Sorry, I had no idea there was a Blast Corps thread already... and why won't Mupen emulate BC? I thought it used the same rsp and everything from Project 64, which I KNOW can emulate it really well. (Mostly because I've already played it).
TAS: to beat a game faster than Sonic can blink.