Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Aims for fastest time to get 100% rate
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Abuses programming errors in the game
  • Manipulates luck
  • Uses no passwords
A special route with many glitches. I got Roc Wing, Tackle, Heavy Ring and broke the bronze portrait in Chapel as quickly as possible, then I could run everywhere. Summoning warp, I went to Clock Tower by it without Tackle, and used it in Chapel to run quicklier. Summoning climb, used it to fight with Camilla after getting Kick Boots, of course, needed enough MP. In Gallery, manipulationed luck to get mind restore. In Waterway, used still glitch to disappear these painful switches. Inverse running in Arena, I could run all the time and did not kill enemies, before this, I got mind restore enough and two extra cards, I used the cards instead of opening menu 6 times more, it saved many frames.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Oh! I also replaced the ROM name.
  • You indicated Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U).gba
  • I updated it to Castlevania - Circle of the Moon (U) [!].gba

Truncated: I feel that map percentage is not a good goal for this game. Watching you enter and then immediately exit areas, and taking big detours without collecting anything does not feel right. The extra bosses and glitches are a plus, but most of the time this movie is endless running through corridors. Rejected.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Voted meh, it starts off very interesting but takes too long. Seeing more bosses was nice but since bosses in this game are just bone targets they didn't make the run much more interesting either. Not sure a run with this goal can be made interesting over the whole length. The planning was impressive but it wasn't that much fun to watch it play out. I think the other two GBA Cvs are better suited for 100% runs since HoD has loads of bosses that get skipped as well as much faster movement and AoS has that soul collecting deal.
Skilled player (1670)
I found this impressive and interesting. Yes vote.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Yes vote, very nice route planning and movements.
100% runs will always have a minute of stupid backtracking, but I really enjoyed this one. Technical execution was up to par with other TASes for the game, and the original route kept it more entertaining for me than the umpteenth minimal run. Plus I like glitches, and I didn't know the one that totally destroyed the waterway. I also liked: - doing clock tower in reverse order. - hitting random enemies out of thin air to get mana ups. - devastating the arena. - opening secret passages just to enter them half an hour later. - throwing small bones at the invincible Hugh. - sudden death showdown, and dodging the meteors as skeleton. Contrary to KDR_11k I think bosses are only a nuisance in this game, and the real fun is the game between them, so... Voting yes.
Senior Moderator
Hard for me to predict the future of this run. On one hand, it was moderately entertaining (at least the first 30-35 minutes or so), showed unexpected glitches, clever route planning and generally fast pace. On the other, it was rather long, had rather tedious to watch backtracking, and the fact that 100% map coverage idea wasn't too fascinating to begin with didn't help, either. You just go through a room without any aim in mind except to go through a room, I don't find the concept entertaining (especially since most of the rooms weren't run through in some extraordinary fashion). As a fan of Castlevania series and castletroids in general, I was entertained by this run, so I give it a yes vote. But I won't expect anyone who isn't fond of them to enjoy this run, to be honest, so I'm not sure if publishing it would be a great idea. Also, zggzdydp, how about improving the short CotM run? It has something like 5-10 seconds of improvement, and no-one's working on it yet. :)
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Emulator Coder
This run should be published based entirely on the soundtrack alone. No, really! As expected from a 100% run, there is backtracking, but I was still entertained and some really nice glitches were shown, and it seemed to be pretty much optimized as good as can be. Yes.
Tub
This run was executed quite well, it's interesting to see you apply those glitches for weird effects and I actually enjoyed watching it. The route planning was good, opening passages a minute early was fun. Anyway, I'd like to complain about the goals of this run. Visiting 100% of the rooms is an invisible goal - you don't see the results. Is there a ram location that counts the visited rooms? Maybe subtitling this with a room counter makes it easier to appreciate. But right now it just looks weird to enter a secret passage, walk up to the item, then turn around right before grabbing it. I usually associate "100%" with "I'm going to see all of this game." Glitching through walls and skipping the arena falls short of those expectations. After the final boss was slain, I somehow felt that something was still missing. If you're aiming for additional goals, it feels somewhat cheap to accomplish them this way - like doing a metroid 100% run by glitching the items instead of actually collecting them. I'd prefer a 100%, all-card, all-upgrades run without the summon-glitch to this anytime. torn between yes and meh. I'm usually a big fan of 100% runs (even the 5 hour ones), maybe I just had the wrong expectations. Will sleep on it before I vote.
m00
You can see the percentage in the character menu when zggz goes to switch cards. For me, I really like the run, and will vote yes. Still, I think it would have been better if perhaps it was just an 'all boss' run instead of a 100% exploration run. But man, that insane new glitch... Really a 'wtf' moment, I think that if this is published the screen shot should be of when you're obviously using that glitch.
Senior Moderator
Mechuyael wrote:
But man, that insane new glitch... Really a 'wtf' moment, I think that if this is published the screen shot should be of when you're obviously using that glitch.
You mean in the waterway?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Yeah, sorry, I wasn't sure what the area was called for some reason. And by new glitch I mean that it's new to me, I don't know how long others have known about it.
Hoe
Very good movie. I really enjoyed the battle arena.
Player (101)
Covering 100% of the map is kind of an odd goal for a TAS. I wouldn't expect it to be enjoyable, but I did like this. Good job!
http://girlyyy.com/ The El Viento TAS is the only decent thing I submitted here.
First 53%... Wee this is interesting! Then *Holds spacebar* Ooh fight with death!* *Spacebar* *Ohh Glitch* *Spacebar* I enjoyed watching it however, it is very well done. It is just a bit dull for non-Castlevania fans. That said.. I have to find out how the skeleton works...
For a 100% run.. this was not only incredibly fast, despite the backtracking, and I actually kept awake the entire run.. even though I was almost a total zombie the entire time. The glitches were fantastic and the run was very well executed. Definitely a yes because I enjoyed it fully! Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Visiting 100% of the rooms is an invisible goal - you don't see the results. Is there a ram location that counts the visited rooms?
It's not invisible. Look at the menu screens. As a bonus, he even gave us one at Dracula showing the 100% completion rate. For your benefit, I'll even give you a screen from the run. Overall, the run was good. It was definitely well played, however entertaining wise...it's a meh.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Experienced player (612)
As much as I don't enjoy the GBA series as much as the classic NES series, I have to say I was very entertained by this. Showed off everything that I would want to see, not too long either for 100% map coverage. Not much else to say besides I vote yes on this.
Tub
yes, the result is visible (for a short amount of time), but the process isn't. In Metroid/Megaman you can see when items are picked up, in SMB/SMW you can see each stage that is played, in quake you'll hear a beep when a secret area is entered or a scream when a monster dies - you'll get immediate feedback when your percentage goes up. Here you'll get a short menu screen that says "100%" just once at the end, if you know where to look and don't blink at the wrong moment.
m00
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2104)
As I've said before, this run had obvious mistakes to me in it and could be improved. However only a few of the most experienced COTM players or crazy glitch diggers will find them out and most of peolpe might never notice them. So just leave them there. Yes vote.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
I found it entertaining. yes vote.
Has never colored a dinosaur.
Skilled player (1149)
to moozooh: I think Cardboard's non-glitch run is very nice, I don't know how to improve. :( to klmz: Do you mean using floating glitch? But I don't konw it. I will improve if I can use it. Or someone does it who knows the glitch.
Senior Moderator
zggzdydp wrote:
to moozooh: I think Cardboard's non-glitch run is very nice, I don't know how to improve. :(
I mean the short run by OgreSlayeR that uses summon glitch to warp to Dracula in the very beginning of the game.
Warp wrote:
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2104)
The Floating Glitch is as crazy as the Hyper Freeze Glitch. Their mechanism are very similiar. But what I talked about earlier was that you had done something unnecessary. eg. you could have found a faster way of glitch warping if you had tried to sumon on the edges in Chapel Tower.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
I was impressed by the planning given, but overall I wasn't entertained. The first thought I had when I read "100%" was that you'd be collecting all of the cards without glitches. I just don't think map completion is an obvious goal to strive for on this game. I'm voting no.
Reviewer, Active player (277)
Man, I would so like to see a run that doesn't use the DSS glitch. That takes out an immediate warp to Dracula, and means the TASer can manipulate card drops, which I know from playing take forever. Also boss fights will be more interesting because it won't be just using skeleton all the time.