This is an improvement of 1433 frames (23.88 seconds) over the previous submission.
Emulator used - SNES9x 1.43 v9
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Uses warps
  • Probably some other stuff
Improvements
  • Misty Isle 1 - Better running start.
  • Castle #1 - Optimized pipe entry and keep-flight door entry.
  • Crystal Star World - Glitch Yoshi wings for a big improvement. (Don't blink)
  • Sky Star World - Get faster-than-normal flying speed from the cloud.
  • Pipe Star World - Better tactics with keeping flight through pipes.
  • BackDoor Star World - Flying below the ground earlier after getting the key
General lag reduction by actions within the levels and a more optimized score route.
Let's Try Bonus Game
  • Pipe Star World - Yoshi can't normally enter these pipes, but the first two can be entered with Yoshi anyway. Other goofy things happen. If Yoshi could get to the key box, a similar shortcut to Crystal Star World could be used.
  • Bowser Star World - If Yoshi can make it through Pipe Star World, and with a shell in the reserve box, the raft here can be skipped from the beginning. Getting the reserve shell requires a major route change.
  • Backdoor Star World - Using the key to surf the lava underneath the spikes turned out to be a bit slower, but very cool looking.
Extra thanks go to DK64_MASTER, thegreginator, Cardboard, and ChanServ.

Bisqwit: Good looking movie, but it comes at least 32 frames short of optimal time as pointed out by Chef Stef et al. Please resubmit when you have fixed the needlessly long delay at 7:21. (I don't know how that is done, but I suppose the resources for figuring that out that are out there.)
Reverting that action due to MAJOR PROTESTING.
I will step away from handling this submission unless someone decides to have it published. (I have already made an AVI.)

Suggested screenshot:

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Super Demo World 15 exit now has a run that matches the quality and entertainment of the Super Mario World run 11 exit. I applaud everyone's extraordinary work put in to this run. I saw the run develop from the very beginning, and I was impressed every step of the way. I think this run will stand for a long while, unless we find a way to glitch Yoshi through pipes, and/or get him through Bowser Star World. Favorite moments: Crystal Star World Yoshi damage, Disappearing p-switches in Misty Star World, (and the 1 fish), and the Bowser fight with the mushroom juggling. I can't believe you guys improved mrz's run so much! He improved the previous run by a small amount of time (1.5 seconds), and you shattered this by an amazing 23+ second improvement!! That's 16 times the improvement! Oh yeah... STOP! HAMMERTIME!
<agill> banana banana banana terracotta pie! <Shinryuu> ho-la terracotta barba-ra anal-o~
Former player
Good improvement.
Borg Collective wrote:
Negotiation is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. You will be assimilated.
Skilled player (1402)
Nice improvement, voting yes.
Skilled player (1670)
<Cardboard> LOL FISH :D Motherfucking amazing run. Holy wow. I just. Wow. Also, LOL FISH :D
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Former player
Very nice run, easy yes vote.
Editor, Active player (296)
Liked it. Especially item juggling, as usual.
Editor, Experienced player (730)
Yowzee. Talk about a truly fantastic improvement, as well as completely befuddling glitches that come as freebies. Actually, for the record I was 10% more entertained by jf's 120 star misty star world than this version. This was still good, but contained some item juggling that slowed somethings down, and repeated some of the tricks found in 120. The whole run was good, but watching this misty world star's was not as virginity losing as 120 star's was.
Homepage ☣ Retired
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Excellent. Best version Misty Star World yet. The yoshi glitch was awesome. 23 second improvement = wow
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Experienced player (612)
Funny, I was looking at JXQ's user page just last night and noticed that Super Demo World was being worked on or at least noted for another TAS. 4 authors huh, interesting. You guys do great work and this run is no exception. It was pretty damn enjoyable even after so many Super Mario World-esque runs.
Watching the character zip from the bottom of the screen to the top (in any game) never gets old.
* kwinse laughs at FISH Excellent work you 4.
<Zurreco> if so called professional players cant adapt to every playing field, theyre obviously not that great
Editor, Active player (466)
When you get Yoshi in Misty Star Road, I remember that jimsfriend saved some time by activating a !Yoshi (is that what they're called?), since the "real" Yoshi hatches from his egg much more quickly when you hatch a glitched Yoshi at the same time. Is this a possible improvement, or is there no time difference? But, anyway, I really enjoyed this run, as it held a lot of small improvements that made the whole product seem much more tight and fluid. My only real complaint is that the Misty Star Road p-switch juggling seemed forced, since you had to keep going back to grab them constantly. I think this run great, so I'm voting yes.
You told this to Tompa, right? This question was raised 2 nights ago...
<DK64_MASTER> jxq <DK64_MASTER> tompala is on crack? <DK64_MASTER> <Tompala> I think the regular Yoshi appears faster if you make an invis one appear as well, is that correct? <DK64_MASTER> msw time saver? <JXQ> DK I have no idea what tompa is talking about <JXQ> would be easy to test though. my guess is that it's slower if anything
It was mentioned, but I think we glossed over this detail. If it is actually faster, then I guess we have 1 glaring error. I haven't tested this myself.
<agill> banana banana banana terracotta pie! <Shinryuu> ho-la terracotta barba-ra anal-o~
Would someone mind encoding a run? I have tried and failed to patch roms so that they will work with playback =/
Former player
Might be worth noting there are a few more less significant, non-lag related, improvements. Flying down under the floor earlier in Backdoor Star World when waiting for the pillars to rise after grabbing the key comes to mind. Huge bummer the lava slide ended up 20ish frames slower. That was so awesome. Thanks everyone for watching and commenting.
Zoey Ridin' High <Fabian_> I prett much never drunk
Tompa
Any
Editor, Expert player (2142)
DK64_MASTER wrote:
You told this to Tompa, right? This question was raised 2 nights ago...
He didn't tell me anything about it. I was surprised that he mentioned it=P. Maybe I've told him though? Hmm, don't know. I'm just pretty sure that it really is faster to do like that. A very nice run however! Glitching powers for the win! Aslo, DK, I have mentioned that before. But it was ignored...
Former player
Goddamn impressive run. I loved the first sidescrolling level, so much creativity and art being created. Loved it, yes vote.
My published movies [03:45:05] <Naohiro19> Soulrivers: ... [03:45:19] <Soulrivers> ? [03:46:35] <Naohiro19> <Soulrivers> No! <Naohiro19> So? <Soulrivers> Yes! [03:46:48] <Naohiro19> joke
Editor, Active player (466)
I haven't discussed this with Tompa at all... It just seemed obvious that the Yoshi hatched much faster in jimsfriend's version. I did some frame comparisons, by the way, from when the Yoshi egg first appears to the first frame when Mario gains control again - the length in jimsfriend's movie is 92 frames, and the length in this movie is 124 frames. So, 32 frames could be saved by activating a !Yoshi when you get the "real" Yoshi.
Former player
I can't help but feel this movie is a better choice to have published than mrz's old version. Oh well.
P.JBoy
Any
Editor
You could just redo that part...
Former player
Chance is it would desync further on, I guess.
My published movies [03:45:05] <Naohiro19> Soulrivers: ... [03:45:19] <Soulrivers> ? [03:46:35] <Naohiro19> <Soulrivers> No! <Naohiro19> So? <Soulrivers> Yes! [03:46:48] <Naohiro19> joke
P.JBoy
Any
Editor
Could be fixed
Former player
0% of it being fixed that way PJ. I haven't talked to JXQ, skamastaG or jimsfriend yet but I can't imagine anyone will feel like redoing this.
Editor, Active player (296)
This negative feedback, should it be interpreted so that we must not reject movies that fail to realize their potential? What can I reject then? Always when a submission is rejected, there's a chance that the authors (and possibly audience) will become sulky about it. It's exactly this why I'm not doing submission management that much anymore.