Submission Text Full Submission Page
My second work. Enven my first work was failed, many people do not like my works, because I am a newcomer, maybe some of you know little about me, once we are become friends, you perhaps to say: you are good. I will try my best all the time.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

Truncated: There are several obvious mistakes in this movie:
  • You do not jump off platforms as soon as possible.
  • You do not attack bosses as soon as possible.
  • It seems that taking damage gives you higher speed. Having less health when the level ends gives you a faster countdown. But in the first level you do not take damage at all.
Your movie will be rejected, because is not good enough. It is not because I do not like you. I do not judge movies from friends any different than movies from strangers. Please try to understand this.
(Chinese translation of this extremely appreciated. Post it in the topic and I can add it here.)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1741: max12187566's NES Saiyuuki World in 15:56.77
Experienced player (822)
Overall, I found this to be a fairly dull choice of game, due to lack of variety in gameplay. Enter a door, leave, stroll right, jump some, open a door, fight a boss, Ghandi shows up, long points tally screen. Repeat as necessary. Other than a pretty boring game, the level of execution wasn't too bad, but there were some things I noticed that stood out. First, many of the bosses didn't seem to be optimized enough, especially the boss around minute 9 or 10 where the character just stood there and spammed with his sword (or knife?). There was a lot of boss vulnerability time that I think could have been used to deal damage faster. Also, I really liked the damage boosting, but I think there could have been more of it in spots, both to speed through the levels faster, and make the tally screen go faster due to finishing with less hearts. Overall, I was sort of entertained, so I'll vote meh, but unfortunately the lack of optimization makes me lean towards the "no" side more.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I second some of mbossman's comments. Especially in regards to taking damage to save time. If you take your damage correctly, it seems to propel you forward very quickly. This would be especially helpful in the earlier stages. And with the ability to turbo attack (as noted in the prior post) I think you could use that on other bosses, especially the final boss. The game, unfortunately, was a bit repetitive for me too. It's also a bit obscure to US people, due to some of Asian legends involved. I have to vote NO on this.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
There was a lot of boss vulnerability time that I think could have been used to deal damage faster.
There were lots of optimization problems like this. The elevator around frame 4400, you could time the jump better and save some frames. It's nothing personal.
Former player
I think that this work is good,becuase I think at least I recorded this work is try my best. You maybe think I can do well,but I think this movie is under the normal.
Sir VG wrote:
It's also a bit obscure to US people, due to some of Asian legends involved.
Dragonball (the manga/anime)is based on this story.
Active player (432)
mmbossman wrote:
Overall, I found this to be a fairly dull choice of game, due to lack of variety in gameplay. Enter a door, leave, stroll right, jump some, open a door, fight a boss, Ghandi shows up, long points tally screen. Repeat as necessary.
Agreed but most games are like that :)
mmbossman wrote:
Also, I really liked the damage boosting, but I think there could have been more of it in spots, both to speed through the levels faster, and make the tally screen go faster due to finishing with less hearts.
Exactly what I was thinking. You definitely could have used your health to speed up things. I have to unfortunately vote no as I think this run can be optimized further.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Experienced player (822)
AngerFist wrote:
mmbossman wrote:
Overall, I found this to be a fairly dull choice of game, due to lack of variety in gameplay. Enter a door, leave, stroll right, jump some, open a door, fight a boss, Ghandi shows up, long points tally screen. Repeat as necessary.
Agreed but most games are like that :)
True, except for the Ghandi part;)
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Post subject: Re: #1741: max12187566's NES Saiyuuki World in 15:56.77
Skilled player (1636)
<blockquote class="quote">My second work.Enve my first work was failed,many people do not like my works, becuase I am a new comer,maybe some of you know little about me,once we are become friends,you perhaps to say:you are good.I will try my best all the time. </blockquote> Uh, it isn't because you are known or unknown. It is the quality of the video. Newcomers don't make the best videos due to experience, not friendship. Movies are judged on quality, not friends.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Is just me, or this game is WonderBoy in Monster World? (or Mônica no Castelo do Dragão... brazilian title!) or VERY similar? And Saiyuuki World 2 is Whomp'em... lol...
Active player (432)
HarryPitfall wrote:
Is just me, or this game is WonderBoy in Monster World?
Indeed. I forgot to mention this in my previos post. The way the character moves, holds his sword, how the coins move, how the minibosses appear etc resembles very much Wonderboy. I think they knew this, it cannot be a coincidence.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Former player
Voting No because it looked very unoptimized to me. There are several miscalculated jumps, seemingly unoptimized boss fights, and let's not forget about what's been said about the obvious lack of damage-boosting and finishing with as little health as possible to speed up end-of-level scoring. Simply put, it could have been much faster.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!