Submission Text Full Submission Page
My first submission, feedback is wanted!
  • Emulator used: FCEU 0.98.13, no modified settings.
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Aims for fastest time
Plot: Mickey has apperently locked in his key to the castle in Disney land inside the castle and now you need to find 6 keys to open the lock, oh yeah.
Description of the movie: I started by calculating what road around Disney land that would be the fastest, I didn't try every possible road but it would surprice me if there are any shorther way then this of 256 steps.
During gameplay I basically tried to save every possible frame in every situation.
Questions - Each question is scheduled to a certain frame and what you want is basically to have an as short question as possible to be asked as early as possible.
Space Mountain - What I do here is to press the right direction exactly two frames before the action will show up on the screen, this however is only for good looking since it doean't gain any extra frame at all.
Autopia - For every jump you do you basically gain 6-7 frame, I also grabbed a nuber of stars to use later.
Pirates of the Carribbean - Pushing the barrel to not grab the ladder. Using items for the rain and lava since they delay you the most.
Haunted Mansion - Just enough time to jump ahead the boss ghost in the beginning, very useful. Never shoot more than necessary, takes time.
Big Thunder - Just run with full speed all the time, I did this level in 60 fps.
Improvement: I didn't knew it when I started the run but later I found out that there has been a submission for this game, with however was rejected, namely from Callmewoof who completed it in 10.34.22 mins. So this beats that with 26.37 seconds. About all improvements are due to more accurate gaming , especially on the ghost level, since we used the same road. I also named my character "A", with will spare many frames everytime someone says your name.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1748: Aglar's NES Adventures in the Magic Kingdom in 10:07.85
Skilled player (1885)
I just watched this run now, and I'm voting meh, leaning moe towards the "no"-direction. This was my impression from this run, having never played this game before: This game seems to be many mini-games in one. There were all the questions, the car race, the train ride, etc. Unfortunately, even though this game had some variety, I didn't really find any part interesting. The questions weren't really interesting and the car race and the train ride were pretty uneventful. The platformer parts were probably the best parts, but even those weren't very fun to watch either. No part was terrible, they were just... not so interesting to me. And once again, I think it was the game choise that was the problem here. The TAS looked very optimized and well played, so kudos to that. :) I encourage you to try TASing some other game, and perhaps post your progress on the forums so people can give feedback. More Swedish TASers around here is always a plus. ;) You might want to format the submission text too, it looks kinda blurry, and it looks really messed up when you look at the details page. You don't need to quote the questions from the submission instructions either, you could just answer those questions in a fluent text. As stated above, meh vote.
Not too bad, it really seems like there's a lot of lag frames whenever you jump or there's a lot of enemies on screen. Since firing candles in the ghost house doesn't slow you down, why not kill some enemies? Also, I'm not sure why you chose to get hit in Pirates, it didn't look like a damage boost.
Expert player (3567)
I thought that my best chance of getting some decent comments on my first run was to make run of a not so famous game, cause the better and more famous the game, the higher are the expectations. Shooting candles in this game triggers the shooting animation which stops the guy for 18 frames, that's quite a reason not to shoot, huh. In the pirate level, taking damage makes it possible to walk through the last skeleton shot and save some frames.
feos wrote:
Only Aglar can improve this now.
Active player (432)
Voted Meh. I think this game have potentials. But as of now, the run you produced was not enough to vote yes. I feel you can minimize lag here and there and possibly make it a bit more entertaining.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Aglar wrote:
I thought that my best chance of getting some decent comments on my first run was to make run of a not so famous game, cause the better and more famous the game, the higher are the expectations. Shooting candles in this game triggers the shooting animation which stops the guy for 18 frames, that's quite a reason not to shoot, huh. In the pirate level, taking damage makes it possible to walk through the last skeleton shot and save some frames.
With the candle shooting, I was referring to shooting them midair, but I went and checked it in the game and it does appear you can lose some acceleration (about 3-4 frames worth) when you do. Still, at certain points in the Mansion you're waiting on platforms to arrive, thus character speed isn't an issue. I see your point on the Pirates damage, good work.
Skilled player (1670)
Shit I remember breaking this game apart when I was a kid, but I had totally forgotten how hilarious the ghost house was. Yes I did enjoy watching this. Several different tunes in the game does not hurt either.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
I really liked this game while I was younger, and enjoyed watching your run of it! It looks like you were really precise and didn't waste any movements while you played. My favorite part was definitely the haunted mansion, where you made lots of crazy jumps. Really, the game's a lot shorter than I remember it, but I guess that's what happens when you can be frame precise! There were two big problems, though. There were a lot of slow parts, especially in the space mountain stage. The lag stunk, too, though it looked like a lot of it couldn't be avoided. Anyways, I think that you did a good job with the run, but that it doesn't fit in with most of the other runs on the site due to the slow parts and lag. If you could find some way of glitching past space mountain and avoiding the lag, it'd be great :)
Expert player (3567)
I'm canceling this. Besides this being not the best game to TAS, I've spotted some things in it that could've been better (perhaps I could break the 10 barrier applying them). I guess the reason no one has no'd this is because I'm a beginner rather than seeing this as a high-quality movie. If there are requests for it, I may give it another go, but this particular run clearly doesn't belong to the published movies here, so I'm saving the judges effort to reject it.
feos wrote:
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!
Banned User
Aglar wrote:
I'm canceling this. Besides this being not the best game to TAS, I've spotted some things in it that could've been better (perhaps I could break the 10 barrier applying them). I guess the reason no one has no'd this is because I'm a beginner rather than seeing this as a high-quality movie. If there are requests for it, I may give it another go, but this particular run clearly doesn't belong to the published movies here, so I'm saving the judges effort to reject it.
I would like you to bring this run back, please. The reason I want you to bring it back to YouTube is because I am making a 100% TAS of this game, and I would like to see your routes, such as "crazy jumps in the Mansion". I would like to learn these tricks, and according to the images I saw, I have found some tiny improvements to this run, such as a timesaver on the ladder. Anyway, I would just like you to bring it back, just for this reason.
Join the Speedruns Galore community. We NEED MORE MEMBERS! Join by registering the forum, and DON'T WASTE YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU'RE GOING TO JOIN: http://www.speedrunsgalore.forumotion.com/ Site: http://www.sites.google.com/site/speedrunsgalore
Skilled player (1706)
Billy wrote:
I would like you to bring this run back, please. The reason I want you to bring it back to YouTube is because I am making a 100% TAS of this game, and I would like to see your routes, such as "crazy jumps in the Mansion". I would like to learn these tricks, and according to the images I saw, I have found some tiny improvements to this run, such as a timesaver on the ladder. Anyway, I would just like you to bring it back, just for this reason.
Wouldn't it be more productive to download the input file and play it on the emulator so you can study the strategies used? A youtube video is worse for comparison due to being unable to view frame-precise tricks.
Banned User
jlun2 wrote:
Billy wrote:
Wouldn't it be more productive to download the input file and play it on the emulator so you can study the strategies used? A youtube video is worse for comparison due to being unable to view frame-precise tricks.
You do have a point, and I did watch it using the input file. It was really amazing. Looks like my run is fine for now. PHEW! But I see new strategies for Autopia, and I am going to improve most of these strategies a lot using VNES 0.93! I see many parts where he missed a very important trick (questions not included), when he didn't press the A button 1 frame before the down arrow image appeared, for example in times such as text before and after the attractions. When/if I become an editor of TASVideos, I will make a Game Resources page for AitMK which will show a lot of the basic timesavers of the game, such as the ladder timesaver I discovered. Anyway, I know that this run is slightly improvable, and for my 100% run, I will use the improvements I discovered to make the best time possible.
Join the Speedruns Galore community. We NEED MORE MEMBERS! Join by registering the forum, and DON'T WASTE YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU'RE GOING TO JOIN: http://www.speedrunsgalore.forumotion.com/ Site: http://www.sites.google.com/site/speedrunsgalore
Skilled player (1706)
Billy wrote:
But I see new strategies for Autopia, and I am going to improve most of these strategies a lot using VNES 0.93!
Since only input files for the NES with the extension .fm2 is allowed, I'm not sure if VNES 0.93 would be an acceptable emulator; unless of course, it generates .fm2 files. Good luck!
Banned User
jlun2 wrote:
Billy wrote:
But I see new strategies for Autopia, and I am going to improve most of these strategies a lot using VNES 0.93!
Since only input files for the NES with the extension .fm2 is allowed, I'm not sure if VNES 0.93 would be an acceptable emulator; unless of course, it generates .fm2 files. Good luck!
Thank you, and no, they do not make .fm2 files. They make .vmv files. Does that mean it won't be accepted?
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Billy wrote:
Thank you, and no, they do not make .fm2 files. They make .vmv files. Does that mean it won't be accepted?
Yes, it does. http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources.html
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Banned User
feos wrote:
Billy wrote:
Yes, it does. http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources.html
Well, I'm not gonna TAS with VNES anymore. I'm gonna use FCEU, which I just downloaded yesterday.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Bump of revival. This run is not sloppy.
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.
Expert player (3567)
feos wrote:
This run is not sloppy.
It actually is, it was made using only savestates and slowdowns (no frame advance). The reason why this beats the newly submitted run is probably due to better strats. If one were to compare the progress to this while making the new run there should be no problem beating it.
feos wrote:
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
It may be possible to finish in 10:00. Like we are 2.25 away from 5:00 on Super Mario 64.