Submission Text Full Submission Page
Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular is a sports game released in 1989. The game is a collection of six events that uses characters from the Peanuts series. Events include sack racing, boot throwing, pogo jumping, pizza balancing, jumping over a river and a "king of the boat" kind of game, where you have to knock your opponent into the water.

Movie features

• Emulator used: FCE Ultra v0.98.16
  • Aims for fastest time.
  • Aims for highest score.

About the run

I make a perfect run for each event, using "Frame Advance" and "Memory Watch". Even though this game is oriented for kids, it's still very hard to play in real time.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

Cancelled: there was a better WR for the Overboard event.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1786: mz's NES Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular in 02:14.50
I'm sorry but I have to vote no on this one... and here's why.. While you're Sack Race is 0.2 seconds faster then the current WR, and boot throw is optimal... Your Overboard time? Well sad to say but you tied my 1 shot attempt at 3.0 seconds. The current World Record is 2.2 seconds and has been achieved by 2 different people... all 3 of these on a console! The Pizza Race was absolutely bang on... But the downer to going for points is that to get your final total, you have to beat the game more then once. [Iirc, the game goes 3 times and you get a grand total of everything] Knowing that the Overboard time is not optimal, that alone is nearly enough, but this game is just... blugh.. I'm sorry, it's not entertaining and I should know from playing it 2 years ago.. there's a reason I never bothered to try and get back some of the records from it... Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Good effort, but even if the run is (or were) optimal, I don't think the game is TAS-worthy. No vote.
mz
Player (79)
@Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Thanks for the information! I didn't know there was some kind of WR for this game. I just tried to make a perfect run using the RAM values; I guess I didn't watch hard enough in the Overboard event. @both Thank you for watching it and for being honest. I will cancel this and try to TAS a better game...
You're just fucking stupid, everyone hates you, sorry to tell you the truth. no one likes you, you're someone pretentious and TASes only to be on speed game, but don't have any hope, you won't get there.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
I improved Mz's time for Pile of Pizza. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4xioX7eDI
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
This game would have to be played through three times in order to get the gold medal.
NitroGenesis
He/Him
Editor, Experienced player (551)
So? It's a grued movie, don't necro, move along.
YoungJ1997lol wrote:
Normally i would say Yes, but thennI thought "its not the same hack" so ill stick with meh.
He didn't necro; you did (and then TASVA showed up a week later). Anyway, necromancy isn't a bad thing here, so long as you're actually posting something of substance.
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Noxxa
They/Them
Moderator, Expert player (4137)
Actually, Critical five bumped this topic (and all other gruefood that are recently posted in by Gruebot), to post an encode.
http://www.youtube.com/Noxxa <dwangoAC> This is a TAS (...). Not suitable for all audiences. May cause undesirable side-effects. May contain emulator abuse. Emulator may be abusive. This product contains glitches known to the state of California to cause egg defects. <Masterjun> I'm just a guy arranging bits in a sequence which could potentially amuse other people looking at these bits <adelikat> In Oregon Trail, I sacrificed my own family to save time. In Star trek, I killed helpless comrades in escape pods to save time. Here, I kill my allies to save time. I think I need help.
mz
Player (79)
NitroGenesis wrote:
I improved Mz's time for Pile of Pizza. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG4xioX7eDI
Very nice. By the way, I've just read that this game is actually a "remake" of Alternative World Games: http://www.c64-wiki.com/index.php/Alternative_World_Games AWG is a spoof of the classic World Games, the music is even better than in SSSS, and it has more events:
You're just fucking stupid, everyone hates you, sorry to tell you the truth. no one likes you, you're someone pretentious and TASes only to be on speed game, but don't have any hope, you won't get there.
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
I experimented and trained myself to get optimal times, and these are my results. A time of 20.1 on Sack Race. Double Foul on Boot Throwing. Times of 2.8 (game 1) and 2.2 (games 2 and 3) on Overboard. A time of 16.9 with 18 pizzas on Pile of Pizza. River Jump completed once for a bronze or 3 times for silver. Clear all bars on Pogo for gold. 10,000 for bronze, 12,000 for silver, 15,000 for gold. The maximum score possible is 18,300. Getting the max requires perfect throws on Boot Throwing, and trade 0.3 seconds for 2 pizzas for a time of 17.2 seconds with 20 pizzas. I'll get the runs submitted soon.