It’s my second video here. I have spent days and nights on this movie since I submitted my first work., Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers 2 :)
In this movie, I beat Genisto by 8 seconds in 3 different ways:
  1. Trying my best to avoid log
  2. With a BUG that when Chip or Dale get into each other, they will run very fast!
  3. Improving some details

Zone 0

35 frames faster: At the beginning of this zone , I let Dale lift Chip to run , which is the ONLY way to avoid log.

Zone B

33 frames faster: Improving some details

Zone D

36 frames faster: The same way as that in Zone 0.

Zone E

167 frames faster: With a BUG that when Chip or Dale get into each other, they will run very fast!

Zone F

20 frames faster: Improving some details

Zone H

126 frames faster: YEAH! Bisqwit is right! Chip and Dale fly with balloon. Wonderful!

Zone I

10 frames faster: Just improving some details

Zone J

140 frames faster: A bug at the beginning of this zone contributes to my improvement again.

J-2

I let Chip lift Dale to run . This way can avoid much log.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

Bisqwit: Cleaned up the markup and copyedited it a bit.

adelikat: Accepting for publication as an imporvement to the published movie.
Bisqwit: Deign is encoding this.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
AnS
Emulator Coder, Experienced player (723)
Nice improvement. As I see, published run was very challenging to beat, although it's quite old. Despite that I find this TAS a little bit less entertaining than Genisto's run, because some levels were played with "chip-carries-dale" style. Of course I understand it was necessary to reduce lag by halving amount of collision detection. Anyway, that glitching on Zone F was truly amazing, and I'll vote Yes just because of that.
Skilled player (1670)
Holy shit thank you for making my life complete. Yes a lot.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Player (209)
Simply amazing and top quality run! I didn't expect the 2-player mode to offer so many options to improve the current run so much. You also did it in a very entertaining style. The bump-each-other glitch to move twice as fast in Zone F and J were absolutely new to me. I just wonder why you used it only 2 times in this run. Is this glitch not applicable in any other levels? This could surely save even more time, though you probably tried it already, without success, right? Anyway, I enjoyed this run very much and give it a big YES vote! Very nice work, dragonxyk.
See my perfect 100% movie-walkthroughs of the best RPG games on http://www.freewebs.com/saturnsmovies/index.htm Current TAS project (with new videos): Super Metroid Redesign, any% speedrun
Experienced player (623)
Saturn wrote:
The bump-each-other glitch to move twice as fast in Zone F and J were absolutely new to me. I just wonder why you used it only 2 times in this run. Is this glitch not applicable in any other levels? This could surely save even more time, though you probably tried it already, without success, right? Anyway, I enjoyed this run very much and give it a big YES vote! Very nice work, dragonxyk.
Thanks for your YES very much! As you say, the BUG of bump-each-other is not applicable in any other levels .Because touching any other enemy or jumpping will make thie BUG fail. Only in F and J. Threr no enemy ,no obstacle and mo jumping. And if I use the BUG all of the game, the moive will be so banality :)
The reminiscence of childhod. I love this game.
Skilled player (1149)
Nice glitch you used, I find it interesting. Yes vote.
Former player
I must congraturate you on this run since it may have been the most enjoyable run I've seen on the site thus far. (I didn't even know there was a previous run of this) This was always my favourite 2 player game, but I hadn't played it, or even seen it in years! It was really enjoyable since it was very nostalgic. I had forgotten how awesome the music in Fat Cat's level was. The first thing I liked about this run was how active both characters were. one wasn't just walking along the whole time. Both characters were picking up boxes and clobbering every bad guy in sight. There was lots to look at. The second thing I liked about this run was the really evil abusing of the balloons. Very clever indeed. The thing I enjoyed the most about this run though was the end of level mini game scenes. The one where the caught each other's blocks and then smacked each other with them literally made me burst out laughing. They were so well made that you would think they were cut scenes at the end of each level. The strategies used were also very impressive. 5 second boss fights, short cuts, great maneuvers. Definitely very well planned out I most definitely give this run a yes vote for being the most nostalgic, hilarious, and enjoyable run I've seen on this site to date. Well Done.
Editor, Emulator Coder, Expert player (2105)
Q: Did you like watching this movie? A: Yes, I did. So YES vote.
<klmz> it reminds me of that people used to keep quoting adelikat's IRC statements in the old good days <adelikat> no doubt <adelikat> klmz, they still do
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
This run was very well played. You made good use of both characters and planning ahead. The end game scenes were very amusing, especially Level F. I do question one spot - the beginning of the 2nd section of Level J (the final level). I wonder if it's faster to eliminate the enemies to avoid the lag, rather than go around them. But I may be wrong - just stating what I saw as a possibility. Outside of that, I enjoyed this run very much. YES vote.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Banned User, Skilled player (1165)
I am surprised after seeing your run.It is not interesting but also wonderful.Nice control,Nice bug,Nice calculation... Yes
work hard
Player (44)
Double with the good, support
Rongorongo
That bottom left screenshot looks pretty good. Yes vote, nice improvement.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Nice improvements. Having them get stuck in each other to cause zipping is priceless. Easy yes vote.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Lord_Tom
He/Him
Expert player (3274)
Nice TAS. Is it a trick/bug to extend the balloon ride or can the player normally choose when/where to re-enter the action? Yes.
Damn log. Always getting in our way. If I had some napalm, I'd incinerate them ALL to cinders. Nice movie, by the way.
Emulator Coder, Former player
Yes vote here :)
It's fast. It's entertaining. It has some interesting glitches. It has my yes vote. I'd like to encode an avi of it but I don't have that blargg update in my fceu. Guess someone else must do it :/ PS. Why isn't there a 100% run of Chip 'n Dale? ;)
Which run should I encode next? :)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1026] NES Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers "2 players" by dragonxyk in 09:29.22