Active player (432)
Genesis TAS of 2007 Vote on the Genesis TAS of 2007. The nominees are listed below; click on the numbers to be taken to the corresponding movie page. [826] Genesis Sonic 3 and Knuckles (any) by Nitsuja in 34:22.02 [845] Genesis Vectorman (USA) by mmbossman in 11:41.75 [880] Genesis Dynamite Headdy (USA) by emu in 33:22.82 [945] Genesis Gunstar Heroes (USA) by arkiandruski in 35:28.92 [954] Genesis Comix Zone (USA) by xoinx & XYZ in 09:34.88 [958] Genesis Rocket Knight Adventures (USA) by Upthorn in 27:18.13 Voting ends on or around January 10, 2008. [Courtesy of JXQ]
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Senior Moderator
2007 was good for Genesis games, it was truly difficult to pick one… I guess Gunstar Heroes it is.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Much as I love Gunstar Heroes to pieces, I'll stick with the Sonic vote.
Kirby said so, so it must be true. ( >'.')>
Skilled player (1086)
Although there are many great movies up here, S3&K still wins easily. This TAS is absolute genius; the esoteric glitching, the beautiful levels, the wonderful music, the hilarious and natural interactions between Sonic and Tails. A true work of art. I find this movie genuinely far more entertaining than anything on TV these days and not a week has gone by since April where I haven't sat down to enjoy all or at least part of this.
Player (147)
Gunstar Heroes has the biggest explosions.
Nach wrote:
I also used to wake up every morning, open my curtains, and see the twin towers. And then one day, wasn't able to anymore, I'll never forget that.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
>Gunstar Heroes has the biggest explosions. That's just because El Viento isn't nominated. :P Even though it has been loved to death already I go with Knuckles 3 and Sonic. I liked Gunstar and Comix a lot also.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
Don't get me wrong S3+K was great and is still my favourite run on the site, and probally could have creamed every catagory applicable to it in 2006, but the run was mostly the same with a few hexed improvements and there is still other known improvements which need to be implemented. Gunstars Heroes was something fresh and new and played so brillantly with lots of explosions and intensce music so thats where I'm sticking my vote.
Player (29)
Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Don't even have to think about this one.
"The way to move out of judgment is to move into gratitude." — Neale Donald Walsch DannyLilithborne on IRC
Experienced player (822)
S3&K, Gunstar Heroes, Rocket Knight Adventures... I owned all three, so this is kinda like asking me which of my three children I love the most (if I had any kids, that is). I have to give this one to RKA, although on another day I might have easily chosen either of the other two.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
These were all excellent movies, it was hard to pick. I ended up picking Comix Zone, probably because I enjoyed the process of rapid obsoletion... that game just kept getting more and more broken, very quickly, too. The end product looks really good, and it was a lot of work by a relatively inexperienced TASer for what that's worth (which I guess isn't much).
Shining Force isn't there =/
Reviewer, Active player (277)
Can I vote for this? I like all the movies on this list (I nominated two of them), but I think it's obvious what I would have voted for, so I'll abstain. Courteously.
Active player (432)
Nitsuja = my source of life.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
Tough choice between Nitsuja's S3K, Arkiandruski's Gunstar Heroes, and mmbossman's Vectorman. I think I'm going to have to choose Vectorman simply because it was a new run, rather than an obsoletion, but even so this barely puts it ahead.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
upthorn wrote:
I'm going to have to choose Vectorman simply because it was a new run, rather than an obsoletion, but even so this barely puts it ahead.
Actually this is technically not true. It was an improvement to a submission which was rejected. And gunstar heroes is the most like a brand new movie. It is very different from the previous movie.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
upthorn
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Active player (388)
I said that vetorman was not an obsoletion. And indeed, the prior submission was rejected, not published. Although, if you want me to consider the difference in quality between the published vectorman and the rejected submission, it is, in fact, larger than the published Gunstar Heroes and the obsoleted one. Which is, perhaps, part of why the old gunstar heroes movie was published, and the old vectorman movie was rejected.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.