Submission Text Full Submission Page
Emulator used: SNES9x 1.43 v11 (compatibile with v10, v9)
Here is an improvement of 59 frames to the previous movie. Much of this run was copied from the previous run, so there is not a lot of new material. This is because the scores for each level are particularly selected to minimize fadeout lag.
- #1 Iggy's Castle - 4 frames faster on the boss fight due to a different beginning strategy[1].
- Donut Secret 1 - 11 frames faster by using 1/1 swimming.
- Donut Secret House - 7 frames gained from a better way of passing through the stairs. 5 frames gained from turning around faster after grabbing the P-switch.
- Star World 2 - 10 frames gained by using 1/1 swimming.
- Star World 3 - 1 frame faster by using Left+Right when changing flight direction. 1 more frame gained by dropping and regrabbing the key before getting to the keyhole.
- Bowser - 16 frames "faster" by using a different strategy that hits Bowser on the same frame, but allows the input to be stopped earlier.
- Also gained 4 more frames in different map transition and level transition frame amounts.
Thanks to Mister for the discovery of 1/1 swimming, though it is a big pain to implement :)
Also, there is a 96-exit improvement in the works as well.

[1]: Though Genisto claimed to have gained five frames on this boss fight before fadeout lag, he used an inconsistent measuring point (the after-boss sound effect) and in fact only gained three after setting the score to 0 to remove fadeout lag. I only mention this because I am sure someone will be asking about it.

JXQ: Canceling due to existing improvements. A more complete improvement is planned for the future.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Skilled player (1885)
Let me be the first to say congratulations on this! It looked like Mario got a little confused by the 1/1 trick, with all that spinning going on. :) Anyway, here's an obvious yes vote.
Skilled player (1090)
Nice. 59 frames in more than I thought was possible for this game. Bowser is easily my favourite boss battle on the site and it's good to see that it's still awesome. Pleased to vote yes.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
I was planning on doing a run in the distant future had an improvement not been submitted by the year 2010, but I'm pleased it came early and that the improvement was closer to a second, rather than frames that I could count on one hand. Voting yes because the runs an improvement over the existing one.
Editor, Active player (466)
Great improvement! I wonder if we'll ever stop finding new tricks/glitches to exploit in Super Mario World... I was glad to see that you kept some of the entertaining things from the last run, e.g. input animation and 3 1ups in the first level. A yes vote from me.
Former player
Yet another of those "perfect" movies getting revised to a great amount. Great job guys!
My published movies [03:45:05] <Naohiro19> Soulrivers: ... [03:45:19] <Soulrivers> ? [03:46:35] <Naohiro19> <Soulrivers> No! <Naohiro19> So? <Soulrivers> Yes! [03:46:48] <Naohiro19> joke
emu
Active player (380)
It is funny, how in every version mario seems to be less affected by the stomping column in Iggy Koopa's castle. In the next version, I expect it to be destroyed with a spin jump ;) The bowser fight was indeed quite entertaining. Nice improvements, good job guys.
yes vote ps: looking forward to the 96 version :)
Great :) Easy Yes vote on this improvement here.
I had the pleasure of watching this run being done through completion. I never thought ~1 second could be saved after the previous movie was completed. 1/-1 helped a lot, but there were some surprising frame savings in the ghost house! I have to vote an extremely enthusiastic yes. I gotta be honest though, after seeing some 96 exit progress, this run pales in comparison. However, to see perfection as I have seen it, you will either have to bribe Fabian, or be very very patient!
<agill> banana banana banana terracotta pie! <Shinryuu> ho-la terracotta barba-ra anal-o~
This is nice run! voting is Yes. It is possible to be abridged at least in using 1/1 swimming for Super Demo World.
DiffCalc .NET Frameworks 3.5 required.
Experienced player (612)
Such an evil form of swimming... Yes vote.
Senior Moderator
On that note, has 96-exit been recently restarted to include the new tricks like 1/1, or just continued from wherever Fabian left off if he did?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
JXQ
Experienced player (750)
moozooh wrote:
On that note, has 96-exit been recently restarted to include the new tricks like 1/1, or just continued from wherever Fabian left off if he did?
The 96-exit was recently restarted to include these new tricks/optimizations, and touch up a few spots aesthetically. That run always seems to have a way of making us return to previous levels, though. Grumble.
<Swordless> Go hug a tree, you vegetarian (I bet you really are one)
Senior Moderator
I see. Is it a group project again? :)
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Skilled player (1431)
Sweet improvement, yes vote. Swimming looks more interesting with the new method to.
Agare Bagare Kopparslagare
Former player
Sweet stuff. And hooray for restarting the 96 again!
Former player
thegreginator wrote:
Sweet stuff. And hooray for restarting the 96 again!
hooray indeed. Thanks for the comments guys.
Zoey Ridin' High <Fabian_> I prett much never drunk
Experienced player (699)
I figured this would come along quickly after mister posted the 1/1 trick. Very suprised that it was improve by almost 1 second though., considering half the improvements weren't even from the 1/1 trick. Time to watch it. ;)
Super Mario Bros. console speedrunner - Andrew Gardikis
Active player (353)
looked great and very entertaining, 'yes'
TASes: [URL=http://tasvideos.org/Movies-298up-Obs.html]Mr. Nutz (SNES), Young Merlin 100% (SNES), Animaniacs 100% (SNES)[/URL]
N._Harmonik
She/Her
Hmmm... This'll have to be applied to Super Demo World as well of course.
Why, oh, why do I even <i>try</i> to understand my own species?
N. Harmonik wrote:
Hmmm... This'll have to be applied to Super Demo World as well of course.
SDW120, yes. SDW15, nope. Water autoscrollers are a bitch.
<agill> banana banana banana terracotta pie! <Shinryuu> ho-la terracotta barba-ra anal-o~
The new trick in Donut Secret House passing thru stairs is nice. This run is entertaining to watch! An easy YES vote. I look forward to the 96-exit run! Thanks for all the hard work!
solid yes vote ehre.
Has never colored a dinosaur.
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (834)
Im sure gonna miss the way you went under the blocks when fighting Big Boo,but, still, that was some crazy stuff. Absolute yes+Star