Hello Genisto, it's NesVideoAgent here.
I created this pseudo-submission from movie #66.
I hope you don't mind ;)
(Don't reply to this message - it is automatically generated.)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #196: Genisto's NES Arkanoid in 16:30.47
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [66] NES Arkanoid "warpless" by Genisto in 16:30.47
im surprised no one has shown you any love for this run Geno (can I call you that?) ! The way you handled those balls were amazing! So the other night I was trying to imitate at least half as good to what you have done. But after a couple of hours, I still couldn't handle even two balls, lol, so I just gave up. ( I tried exclusively just trying to hit the balls and not even watching the blocks, yeah that worked well LOL.) Anyways good work on the game. I showed the video to some of my family and friends and they were totally wowed.
SXL
in case you did not know : it's not a live record, rather a tool assisted movie, with slowdown (up to frame by frame), savestates, etc., included in special emulators. be sure to read http://tasvideos.org/WhyAndHow.html there is no skill involved in the making of this movie, just time and patience to use the tools, so it's quite normal a human player can't do those.
I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death - NAS
SXL wrote:
there is no skill involved in the making of this movie, just time and patience to use the tools, so it's quite normal a human player can't do those.
I don't agree with the "no skill" part - there is skill involved, but it's a different kind of skill, just like formula 1 racing requires different skills than sprinting/running. ^_~ But yeah, it is important to keep in mind that the movies here are tool-assisted - some quite heavily so, too, with things like frame advancing and luck manipulation. It'd be practically impossible to play the same way on a real console, EVEN with superhuman reflexes.
SXL
I should have been more precise and add "playing skill". sorry for the confusion, indeed you need talent to make a perfect movie :)
I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death - NAS
well that clears everything up! and after reading that provided link (and feeling totally stupid afterwards) i've seen what a complete idiot i have made of myself! still entertainment is entertainment and though im kind of disappointed its still fun to watch. thanks for letting me know and stopping me from making a complete fool of myself as I was about to go praising these videos to the high heavens. (not that im going to stop praising them! takes lots of work to make these im sure!) so i've got but just one more question. all other videos i've been watching that are not tool-assisted were actually performed in real time, correct? because ive got a bunch of those type of videos and i just wanna make sure. seriously you could've told me told me that they performed these runs blind-folded, using one hand while balancing on one foot and I still would've believed you....LOL! just goes to show you how gullible i can be.
Editor, Active player (296)
J-Rauwd wrote:
all other videos i've been watching that are not tool-assisted were actually performed in real time, correct? because ive got a bunch of those type of videos and i just wanna make sure.
Well I don't know what videos you have, but all the videos from this website are tool-assisted -- as is indicated on the respective movie pages, and in the movie AVI file.
Editor, Reviewer, Experienced player (968)
>all other videos i've been watching that are not tool-assisted were actually performed in real time, correct? because ive got a bunch of those type of videos and i just wanna make sure. Which are all these other videos? * Movies from this site (Nesvideos) are ALL tool-assisted. * Movies from SpeedDemosArchive.com and most other places are usually played in real time. Hope that helps.
i've got the ones from speed demos archive, but the ones here are far more entertaining!
Player (94)
J-Rauwd wrote:
so i've got but just one more question. all other videos i've been watching that are not tool-assisted were actually performed in real time, correct? because ive got a bunch of those type of videos and i just wanna make sure.
Yes, those videos are done in real time--well, most of the time. Someone who is less than honest could play a game in slow motion, record it at normal speed and falsely claim that they played the game in real time. This sort of dishonesty has caused a fair amount of controversy in the past and it's one of the reason this site has disclaimers stating that all movies are tool assisted and a clear definition of what a tool assisted gameplay movie is. It also causes problems for people like Twin Galaxies who have to take precautions to make sure that people aren't using tool enhanced movies to win no-tools-allowed gameplay contests. I think TASes are like stage magic. We (Okay, I've only submitted one game so far but I have made a submission!) cannot duplicate the actions in our TAS movies no more than a stage magician can actually saw a lady in half. However, the honest TAS maker and the honest magician are not frauds--both tell people that they are using tricks to entertain and neither hides the fact that they do not have mystical, superhuman powers.
Additionally, as of now, there exists a peaceful harmony between TASer and Speedrunners at SDA (ok, so it's not a perfect harmony, but it's the best it's been in a while). The reason for this is that SDA is working with some TASers for glitch testing. We have found a lot of glitches through emulator testing, especially in the OOT topic. TSA (not to be confused with TAS) is the frontrunner for planning (and maybe executing) the OOT run (now feasibly under 4 hours). Arcyte, an SDA frequenter, decided that he liked glitch testing so much, he wanted to make a TAS of OOT. If we hadn't worked together, I doubt we would have made as much progress as we have done now :)
<agill> banana banana banana terracotta pie! <Shinryuu> ho-la terracotta barba-ra anal-o~
Editor, Player (67)
Current Projects: TAS: Wizards & Warriors III.