So you don’t have enough friends to play crazy eights, or poker, or cribbage, or even war? What about solitaire? Oh, you don’t have a deck of cards. Well you should try the NES version of solitaire! Well… maybe not, it’s a pretty shitty game, with very repetitive music, and bad graphics. So how about watch someone else destroy it in 47 seconds? This movie will provide you with almost a full minute of action-packed card sorting action at its most action-packed finest. And even those people with the worst ADHD will find it hard to become bored in such a short time (you know who you are).
Some information:
  • Aims for fastest completion of one game
  • Plays at hardest level (3 cards drawn as opposed to the easier 1 card drawn)
  • FCEU version .16 used
By pressing start on frame 4 I am able to skip a long intro screen, however it glitches the start screen so that the cards disappear once they land. Normally the cards land and spell out “SOLITAIRE”, with some credits underneath, but instead you’re treated to some nice green. I delay the start of the game at the options screen by 1 frame because of better card placements compared to the “optimal” start. Also, the music may seem to be rather messed up, but that’s caused by the cursor moving at such a fast pace.
While this is an April Fools submission (because it’s so off the wall), I do think this game makes a suitable TAS, and may even lead to “Solitaire Wars”, similar to those seen with Monopoly a while ago. But if people don’t like it, it’s understandable. Anyways, enjoy!

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

adelikat: Accepting & Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1902: mmbossman's NES Solitaire in 00:47.27
Former player
Surprisingly, it wasn't that bad. Though it was still kinda lame. Meh vote from me.
47.27 seconds of solitaire is 47.26999... seconds too long. :P no actual vote was cast.
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Active player (435)
haha owned =D
I'm sciencing as fast as I can ! ______________________________________ <adelikat> once more balls enter the picture, everything gets a lot more entertraining <adelikat> mmmmm yummy penises
Experienced player (822)
stickyman05 wrote:
47.27 seconds of solitaire is 47.26999... seconds too long. :P no actual vote was cast.
<3
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
The queen card is sexy as hell. Yes vote.
Experienced player (822)
Dromiceius wrote:
The queen card is sexy as hell. Yes vote.
You noticed the huge rack too huh? We had a conversation on IRC about how she could maybe be seen as old, but that with those killer 8bit graphics, her looks depend only on your imagination;) And a balcony you could do Shakespeare on.... On another note, I love April first.
Considering I can beat solitaire faster than this and the record is something like 11 seconds, should I bother watching this?
Experienced player (822)
Yes, because this is NES solitaire, not your fancy smancy super advanced microsoft solitaire. And the queen of hearts has huge knockers. So in summary, if you don't watch this, you're gay.
Voting yes for tender queen stroking. ...
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Former player
The king of spades in that picture looks like some sort of spiky haired gang leader.
Pekopon wrote:
The king of spades in that picture looks like some sort of spiky haired gang leader.
I thought that was moozooh.
<agill> banana banana banana terracotta pie! <Shinryuu> ho-la terracotta barba-ra anal-o~
Skilled player (1637)
This game would rock with Bisqbot.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Senior Moderator
DK64_MASTER wrote:
Pekopon wrote:
I thought that was moozooh.
So, uh, was I a spiky haired gang leader or a king of spades?
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Skilled player (1431)
moozooh wrote:
So, uh, was I a spiky haired gang leader or a king of spades?
Surely both. Anyway, I wonder how many more april fools submissions we'll have to sit through... probably a lot. It's gonna be awesomo!
Agare Bagare Kopparslagare
I refuse to watch this video on the basis that it's an unlicensed ROM. If a game doesn't have the Nintendo Seal of Quality, that means that Nintendo hasn't received any money for approving this game. I mean, hasn't censored it for sex, violence, profanity and religious references. I mean, hasn't ensured that it's totally awesome and certainly worth $60, and absolutely will not appear in an Angry Video Game Nerd video for being a complete pile of garbage. You know what -- I'm just going to go take some medication now.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Experienced player (822)
DarkKobold wrote:
This game would rock with Bisqbot.
I have neither the programming skills, nor the patience to wait out a BisqBot run of this, but it would certainly be a very viable option for an improved version. I would personally be honored to be obsoleted by a robot :)
Player (88)
I think this is a decent game to run. It certainly has that monopoly feel to it. Even a bot would have trouble finding the most optimal way to play this game. Yes vote.
They're off to find the hero of the day...
Largely an exercise in luck manipulation, but the right length for what it is. Yes vote here.
Has never colored a dinosaur.
It isn't as entertaining as the monopoly run, but I think it would be interesting to see how fast solitaire can be done on the nes. Yes vote for me.
<i>If the day before the day before yesterday is three days after Saturday, what day is today?</i>
Banned User, Former player
Haven't watched the actual video (I have problems with fceu in linux...) but the idea sounds fun. I look forward to watching the avi if this gets published.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
Voting yes because this is Solitaire. Well, couldn't think of much else to say
Emulator Coder
1. The game sucks 2. This shows the best possible way to play games that suck: as fast as inhumanly possible voted yes
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1096] NES Solitaire by mmbossman in 00:47.27
shouldve tried for 3 in one day mr. "mmbossman"