Submission Text Full Submission Page
This submission takes the pterodactyl path of this game. This is the REAL path unlike Deign's movie.
This movie is slower than Deign's movie, but FAR more entertaining as it takes the most entertaining path and executes it masterfully.
  • The movie contains critical speed entertainment trade offs
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Colors a dinosaur
  • Will one day be worth its weight in gold
  • FCEU .16 (will sync with FCEU .22)

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Oh! I also corrected the ROM name.
  • You indicated Color a Dinosuar (U).nes
  • I updated it to Color A Dinosaur (U) [!].nes
adelikat: removed screenshot as it contained major spoilers :|

Bisqwit: Thanks for contributing something for future reference. Now rejecting this submission in a non-humorous manner.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1904: adelikat's NES Color a Dinosaur "Pterodactyl" in 00:43.58
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
I forgot to include the memory locations that were critical in optimizing this TAS: 0021-022 Pencil coordinates 0109-010C - Color selection & checkmark coordinates 0011 - Global Timer 0088-008A - Pencil velocity / Motion animation addresses
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Player (147)
Voting no for the noticeable lack of sub-pixel optimization.
Nach wrote:
I also used to wake up every morning, open my curtains, and see the twin towers. And then one day, wasn't able to anymore, I'll never forget that.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
RT-55J wrote:
Voting no for the noticeable lack of sub-pixel optimization.
Yeah, I was afraid of that ._. But other than that trick, my movie is perfect :-)
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Post subject: Suggested Screenshots
Hmm.. Voting meh. While you claim the run is perfect, theres places I've noticed that can be improved. I would improve it myself, but I'm far too busy, so you'll have to wait a couple of years until I get around to it. Sorry. More seriously, apart from being the most bizarrely drawn pterrodactyl ever (is it on jurassic drugs or something?) I took some pics: http://www.bluetoaster.net/tasvideos/subpics/1904/ Linked to avoid epic spoilers.
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Skilled player (1431)
adelikat wrote:
But other than that trick, my movie is perfect :-)
Voting yes because of that comment. Also because the dinosaur is totally rad.
Agare Bagare Kopparslagare
Post subject: Re: Color a Dinosaur for the Nintendo Entertainment System p
* Colors a dinosaur
I think that's the funniest submission criteria ever. I really don't see how any game can be published from now on that doesn't color a dinosaur.
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Post subject: Re: Color a Dinosaur for the Nintendo Entertainment System p
Skilled player (1636)
hopper wrote:
* Colors a dinosaur
I think that's the funniest submission criteria ever. I really don't see how any game can be published from now on that doesn't color a dinosaur.
Or, all future submissions require * Does not color a dinosaur
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Yes, exactly! Submissions should specify whether or not they color a dinosaur!
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!
TASVideos Grue wrote:
om, nom, nom... blech, bitter!
Bitter and past the best before date :/
Encode adelikat: EDITed post to link instead of embed and embedded it in the submission instead.