This is a video,Super Mario Bros without pressing B,played by HappyLee.
This is a sidestroller, speedwalk, or whatever you want to call it...
After my first submit,I played again 8-3,8-4,much faster.And thank you for watching,and thanks to Bisqwit!
The record here is 06:53.98...Hope you like it!

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

BoltR Accepting as an improvement to the currently published run.

adelikat Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1923: HappyLee's NES Super Mario Bros. "sidestroller" in 06:53.98
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
Looks good, but there is one spot I noticed that I have a question on. In 8-3, right before you hit the koopa troopa just before the hammer bros, you slow down there, and also just before the end. If you avoided both of those stops, could you have made it with the timer at 7, instead of 5?
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Editor, Active player (296)
Sir VG wrote:
Looks good, but there is one spot I noticed that I have a question on. In 8-3, right before you hit the koopa troopa just before the hammer bros, you slow down there, and also just before the end. If you avoided both of those stops, could you have made it with the timer at 7, instead of 5?
No, you can't. Again, if the author only improved 8-3 and 8-4, I may have issues with entertainment in other stages, but I'll leave that to the other audience to judge.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I really don't have any issues with entertainment in regards to the rest of then run. Heck, I thought 8-2 was MORE exciting compared to Bisqwit's run, since those Bullet Bills were close. Since my one issue was resolved, I'm voting yes.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Experienced player (699)
what's new about this run?
Super Mario Bros. console speedrunner - Andrew Gardikis
This was very good both entertainment-wise and speed-wise. Yes vote.
See Youtube page (GIRfanaticTAS) for all runs and stuff.
I really liked both of Bisqwit's runs, but this is even better. Yes vote.
I still have the same concerns that I had with the last one: you set off a firework in 4-1, which seems like it would have to be slower than waiting for the next clock tick (since no one has told me otherwise), and I'm less impressed by the route you took in 1-2 where Bisqwit uses the platform with the two Goombas to jump on top of the wall before the three pipes, whereas you stay on the ground. Had you gained time in a way that made that jump impossible?
TASing or playing back a DOS game? Make sure your files match the archive at RGB Classic Games.
Skilled player (1404)
hopper wrote:
I still have the same concerns that I had with the last one: you set off a firework in 4-1, which seems like it would have to be slower than waiting for the next clock tick.
From what I understand, it makes no difference. I think Phil found that one out several versions ago.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Lord_Tom
He/Him
Expert player (3273)
Voted meh. This may be just me, but I feel that comparatively minor revisions shouldn't be submitted so soon after a run is published. Waiting at least a month or so at least gives me the impression that significant work went into it, or that it was a difficult find. This improvement is, I believe, about 1.2s, less than a third of 1 percent the total run time, which is why I call it minor. I guess one could argue that SMB is such a mature game that any improvement is major, but this is just my opinion. Also, I'd appreciate in the comments some detail as to what was improved, so I know what to evaluate...
No more entertaining then the one then came before it. As a run whose only real purpose is entertainment, voting no.
Has never colored a dinosaur.
Post subject: I'm happy to see that --HappyLee
Expert player (2453)
I am the author HappyLee,this is my first time to submit movies in this perfect wibside.Every day,I look for this movie to see is this movie has been published,but I saw this forum just now,so... PS:I am Chinese,so I don't speak English well,please don't mind...
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Trust me, there's already been a couple Chinese people and I don't mind because I like all people. It gives TASvideos something new, something different if almost every country had a person here. Anyway, hopper, I do think that there was a small, maybe 1-2 frame improvement that made it impossible.
See Youtube page (GIRfanaticTAS) for all runs and stuff.
Expert player (2453)
Wow,thanks,TASvideos's great! --HappyLee
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Post subject: I'm HappyLee...
Expert player (2453)
By the way,why this record not published till now?
Former player
Because it hasn't been accepted yet. This may take some time.
Former player
I don't see why this run should not be accepted. This would have been encoded instantly if it was 1 frame faster over the normal SMB, so why not the walking one? The most negative comment has been "No more entertaining than the current one". As opposed to there not being any real visible difference to some of the improvements for some publications on this site.
It can take time for the judges and publishers to do their thing. We have to cope with limited time/computing resources from the people involved with publishing movies, so being patient is the only solution.
Has never colored a dinosaur.
Post subject: I am HappyLee
Expert player (2453)
Thanks for BoltR,but...How many days will take from "decision: accepted" to "published"?
Skilled player (1149)
Hello HappyLee. Why are you so anxious? wait patiently.
So I guess using the bullet bills to alter the flag animation wouldn't save time?
Post subject: I'm HappyLee
Expert player (2453)
Being patient...I wait for a month...That's a very long time...
Experienced player (822)
You've waited less than 3 weeks. Being pushy won't get it published faster, it'll actually have the opposite affect. Just have some more patience.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Post subject: I am HappyLee
Expert player (2453)
All right,bug I want to know why the other movies been published so fast,and mine's so slow?
Experienced player (822)
Because you touch yourself at night.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page