Surprise! It's a new Rockman TAS time. This movie is 528 frames faster than the published movie. How did this happen? I won't spoil you. Watch the movie.
Why did I run this game you might ask? Well, I thought there was just too much Megaman on the site, so I shortened this one so that there would be less Megaman. Enjoy ;)
On a side note, this happened a few weeks after I begun working on the TAS.
<Deign> i'll get revenge on you Bisqwit
<Deign> for rejecting my awesome submission =(
<Bisqwit> I'm sure you will
Little did he know

Attributes

• Aims for fastest time
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Manipulates luck (for refills and for random involuntary movements)
  • Uses death as a shortcut
  • Utilizes a robot player (BasicBot)
  • Utilizes frame counter, frame advance, RAM watch, subpixel positions etc.
  • Colors a robot

New Info

Firstly, apologies to Bisqwit for blatantly stealing the first few lines of his old submission text, but submission text is probably one of my weakest areas =D Also for blatantly Hexing in the last boss, but I just thought that fight was too entertaining as is and felt I should keep it and so I did.
There is indeed a new trick in this edition of Rockman, however it's use is extremely limited. It is only used twice and in the end only saves about 23 frames. You can see it being performed in Cutman, and is used again in Wily 1, but is not visible. This trick I'm speaking of is the leftward zipping. To perform it requires an extreme amount of subpixel optimization. It's much slower than rightward zipping, but much faster than running, so screw it =D

Thanks

Thanks to those I told for keeping this run under wraps (especially that loose-lipped Cardboard fella), and also for watching and giving comments, although not many comments were given.
Those that helped or gave encouragement are Baxter (6 - 10 frames), AngerFist (24 frames), Shinryuu (1 frame), adelikat, Cardboard, DK64_MASTER, and of course Bisqwit's previous run to compare with. Baxter and AngerFist were indeed the initial inspiration for this run, so extra sloppy thanks to them. Lastly, but not least, FinalFighter, who found two seperate large improvements that saved countless frames, and for finding invaluable techniques for previous movies.
Special Guest TASer Shinryuu requested to be able to do the Cutman and Wily 2 Boss fights, and so I allowed him to do so.
Super Special Thank you to BasicBot for doing all the parts that would have just been waaaaaaay too time consuming for me. The parts TASed by BasicBot include the Refills in Gutsman and the second refill in Wily 2. BasicBot also Tased the last 4 hits of the Wily 3 boss and probably about 75% or more of the Cutman glitch in Wily 2. Of course it also helped me with the Bombman glitch in Wily 4 .

Where the frames are saved and why?

The majority of the frames in this movie were saved due to optimizations. Only in a few locations were new strategies able to be found. The gate zip in Elecman was found by FinalFighter long ago, but I was able to incorporate that along with new magnet beam placement strategies to save 2 beams and use them elsewhere in order to save about 100 frames in total between those 2 beams.
Another location where new Magnet beam placement was performed was during Gutsman. You can see here that I use 1 extra magnet beam in the first part of the level, and even zip too far for the item manipulation and end up having to wait to be able to get my large refill. I can assure you however, that this small part just involving the last zip until finishing the refill is several frames faster than the previous run even though it does indeed look a little iffy. I had 1 less magnet beam to use in the tunnel just before Gutsman, but this only cost me 7 frames whereas the alternative was over 100 frames.
In Cutman there was another shortcut that was revealed to me by AngerFist. It's really not too visible, but it's a right zip in the 2nd room just before the first gate. I was only given an avi so I had to watch it over and over before I finally realized what was going on in the video. I tried using the information from that zip and use it in other locations throughout the run, and even almost found yet another new trick, but this new trick and application of this awkward right zip was a failure.
LevelFrames SavedTotal Saved
Elecman144144
Iceman40184
Fireman32216
Bombman60276
Gutsman103379
Cutman109488
Wily 114502
Wily 28510
Wily 30510
Wily 418528

Bisqwit: Accepting for publication, and delaying indefinitely taking for encoding. Congratulations for submitting something that makes me happy :)

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1949: Deign's NES Mega Man in 15:29.27
Hard for me to tell the difference in some cases, but voting yes because I find it hard to believe this game was broken even further. What next on the Rockman plate?
I don't think there is a reason to vote no, or even meh, for no means you don't like extreme glitching and pure awesomnss, and meh means that you don't really care. I, for one, love this run, and find no reason for a no, or a meh. Therefore, I have no choice but to click Yes. @ UraniumArchor: Shinny, AF, and Baxter were working on MM4, and I'm in the process with a Japanese friend on MM3.
See Youtube page (GIRfanaticTAS) for all runs and stuff.
Expert player (3566)
Nice!
feos wrote:
Only Aglar can improve this now.
Editor, Active player (296)
This movie makes me very happy. Not only because it is better than my last movie, but because I've succeeded in passing forth all the knowledge relating to Rockman tricks, and people have even added some of their own :) And, always watching one's own movie makes its taste somewhat pungent. Even the entertainment is overall on par with my movie, if not better by average.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
10/10
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Experienced player (822)
I continue to be amazed at how broken this game is. *Insert generic complimentary statement and yes vote here*
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
I don't usually watch Megaman movies, but this one is pretty cool because it cuts out most of the things that make Megaman Megaman. Reminds me somewhat of Aqfaq's comment about Dark Castle. Uh, yes.
Voted NO for NO reason
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
Whoa I never expected a Megaman improvement to be this big. Congrats to your achievement. One thing I will say is that your Megaman clone battle could be improved by 1-2 frames.
Active player (435)
AKA wrote:
Whoa I never expected a Megaman improvement to be this big. Congrats to your achievement. One thing I will say is that your Megaman clone battle could be improved by 1-2 frames.
I did not do that fight, however, I do have faith that Shinryuu, AngerFist, Bisqwit, and FinalFighter all knew what they were doing when they TASed that fight, they did a good job.
I'm sciencing as fast as I can ! ______________________________________ <adelikat> once more balls enter the picture, everything gets a lot more entertraining <adelikat> mmmmm yummy penises
Skilled player (1670)
AKA wrote:
Much like level 1 - 1 of Super Mario Bros 3? As for the run, I really don't really like glitching at this level but I like seeing old man Wily getting his ass kicked so I have a yes vote coming up.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Active player (432)
Mighty impressive run. I was thoroughly amazed and entertained. It was a big pleasure following all your wips. Super easy yes vote and naturally vote for a star.
AKA wrote:
One thing I will say is that your Megaman clone battle could be improved by 1-2 frames.
Have you verified this?
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Post subject: Re: #1949: Deign's NES Rockman in 15:29.27
Senior Moderator
This TAS is love.
NesVideoAgent wrote:
Colors a robot
Lol.
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
AngerFist wrote:
Have you verified this?
Yes
Deign wrote:
I did not do that fight, however, I do have faith that Shinryuu, AngerFist, Bisqwit, and FinalFighter all knew what they were doing when they TASed that fight, they did a good job.
I did not cast any doubt on you or any of the following TASers you mentioned. Its a just a very easy oversight.
Active player (432)
AKA wrote:
AngerFist wrote:
Have you verified this?
Yes
Can you provide a file showing this please.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Active player (435)
Waiting for some proof, because I just checked again and Shinryuu made sure to hit the clone on the first possible frame every time and there is but 1 unavoidable lag frame. So please, provide proof. Edit: checked again, and the 1 unavoidable lag frame was only one that showed up in memory, but did not actually cause lag. So there is at no point a lag frame in the entire fight. The invicibility timer still goes down on that frame.
I'm sciencing as fast as I can ! ______________________________________ <adelikat> once more balls enter the picture, everything gets a lot more entertraining <adelikat> mmmmm yummy penises
Editor, Experienced player (730)
Good show 'ole chap. Every now and then I'd spot something different, but it's been a such a while since I last saw Bisq's movie, it wasn't apparently obvious. I'm sure one more yes vote won't hurt.
Homepage ☣ Retired
Morrison
He/Him
Former player
Even crazier than before. I didn't think an author other than Bisqwit could do it. Hats off to you, Deign.
twitch.tv/Retrogaming2084
Wow and to think I just watched the Rock Man run this morning on a whim. Another yes vote for the pile. If anyone made NES Mega Mens runs that didn't abuse programming errors I'd give those a yes vote too.
Former player
that was... wow
Wheeeehaaa.. Yaaayy..
Skilled player (1636)
So this is why we haven't seen any new FF2 updates..... Cecil misses you Deign! Voted yes, I couldn't really tell what was optimized... but still cool.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Obvious yes.
Experienced player (538)
This is aweseome run! I guess you were really hungry when you started this project you little frame-eater..of course I'm voting yes for this
Experienced player (538)
girfanatic501 wrote:
I don't think there is a reason to vote no, or even meh, for no means you don't like extreme glitching and pure awesomnss, and meh means that you don't really care. I, for one, love this run, and find no reason for a no, or a meh. Therefore, I have no choice but to click Yes. @ UraniumArchor: Shinny, AF, and Baxter were working on MM4, and I'm in the process with a Japanese friend on MM3.
EDIT1: Sorry for that previous line it looked a bit stupid. What Baxter wrote is a good start with :)
Skilled player (1402)
Great run. Very nice optimizations! AKA: I honestly have no clue why you act the way you do.... just don't.
Shinryuu wrote:
I'm sure Vatchern finishes he's Mega Man 3 project soon or later.
Well, sooner or later is quite a broad term. I haven't heard anything from it in quite a while, and I think he was already 'working' on it for quite a while before it too... yet I haven't seen more than a single finished stage. girfanatic501: You definately shouldn't be too influenced by the fact that someone else is already working on a run, since you can never tell how actively there is actually being worked on. Besides that, you might just do a better job than the others who are working on it.