About the game

Cyborg Hunter. A Paladin, bounty hunter who is part man, part machine. The task at hand is to punch and kill cyborgs. Running around within' the halls of the enemy base, which is a maze of connected sectors and floors linked by elevators.
The screen is divided into three sections: map, close-up first-person view, and side-view, where the action takes place.
By killing the "Master Cyborgs" in each "end" sector gives the player a key so you can unlock the next "corridor" and you also have to kill all the "Guardians" in the sector before you can leave it/advance to the next sector. Some levels even has usefull things/items or weapons that will help you on the way to the last sector. Things like bombs, shields, a jet pack, guns and other useful items.
I belive that the game is based on the amine show called Borgman that was released 1988.
  • Completed as fast as possible.
  • Takes damage to save time.
  • Emulator used: Dega 1.14

About the run

• This game is accually one of my favorite games to my dear Master System. So why not TAS it?
  • This run goes from sector C, E, F and G. At first I thought that I had to enter ALL the halls to complete the game. But I discovered later on that you only had to enter the halls with a boss and that you didnt need stuff like the Ray Gun, Jet pack and so on.
Enjoy

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Oh! I also corrected the ROM name.
  • You indicated cyborg_hunter.sms
  • I updated it to Cyborg Hunter (UE) [!].sms

adelikat: Accepting for publication.

Bisqwit: Encoding. Also, cleaned up the submission text a bit. You overused the bulleted list markup (*) quite a bit, for things where headers would work better, for example...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #1993: Frenom's SMS Cyborg Hunter in 10:02.33
I enjoyed it, its a little repetitive but the sheer amount of things that are happening on screen, and the fact its quite a short game, keeps it interesting through out the run.
Twisted_Eye
He/Him
Active player (332)
Very nice! This seemed like a pretty cool game, and it was short enough that I didn't suffer from its inevitable repetitiveness. I like how, in the last area, super-fast-moving-lips chick says, "You have to destroy all of the hideous creatures," and, yet, the ones that spawn from those blue bubbles seemed nice and alive!
I enjoyed it, voting yes.
"No love for the game gear"
Former player
Nice run, yes vote.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3584)
A rather borderline game for me. A large % of the run was standing in an elevator. The multiple gadgets/bells/whistles on the screen was kind of novel. Like a precursor to games like Metroid Prime. Though all this does if effectively shrink the gameplay. On the other hand it is short. And has some nice boss fights sway me over to the yes column.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Player (120)
I bet this would be awesome if I had played this before. I did play a bit before watching which helped to some extent. I vote yes. It really is a lot of walking and elevator riding though :)
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1159] SMS Cyborg Hunter by Frenom in 10:02.33