Submission Text Full Submission Page
  • Emulator: FCE Ultra 0.98.15
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Abuses programming errors
  • Uses warps
  • Uses "flying" to save time and the fast climb is the best. The last stage take damage to the Terrace
Credits
  • Thanks to everyone who gave me informations on the flagpole-stuck glitch.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Oh! I also corrected the ROM name.
  • You indicated Lion King(J).nes
  • I updated it to Lion King, The (Mapper 182) (Unl).nes

adelikat: Rejected, we already have the gens version, and this doesn't offer anything new. Also poor viewer response. Also, I am skeptical that this is an ok ROM choice.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2003: max12187566's NES Super Lion King in 05:24.38
Player (44)
There is no J-version for the game but E-version only, I don't know what rom you used (hack rom?). You'd better make a movie with the SNES version of the game. So I vote no.
Rongorongo
Former player
No,it is not a hack rom. This is really the J-version,for it is uncommon. The rom is rarely,so how diffculty I collect this rom
Player (244)
I could only find two different ROMs, neither (J) version, and both were very very different games (despite having the same level layout). Neither synced up correctly.
Skilled player (1637)
I found a rom that worked, Lion King, The (Unl).nes It may be a new goodset, since I didn't have in my original collection and had to dow.... track down the cartridge and copy it to my computer.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Even if this run is good, since it's an unlicensed port, and we already have the Genesis version on the site (wish it was the SNES version...), it's very likely this won't be accepted. :/
Former player
As you said this is not J-version,what version it is? As the matter goes on,Please allowed me ask a question. There is a movie named "Dragon Lair(JAN)" on movie page,I can't find the J-version anywhere,I can only find the U-version,so don't you think it is Similar to this??
Experienced player (822)
max12187566 wrote:
As you said this is not J-version,what version it is? As the matter goes on,Please allowed me ask a question. There is a movie named "Dragon Lair(JAN)" on movie page,I can't find the J-version anywhere,I can only find the U-version,so don't you think it is Similar to this??
Dragon's Lair (J) exists. The fact is that GoodNES 3.10 shows three files: Lion King, The (E) [!], Lion King, The (Mapper 4) (Unl) [!], and Lion King, The (Mapper 182) (Unl). The Mapper 4 version seems to match the checksum of ROM that your movie was created with. I've never seen something labeled as Mapper before, so I'm unsure if that's the creator of a hacked version, or some sort of other category. As for the run, I've been unable to watch it because the Mapper 4 version causes FCEU to just show a blank grey screen for me (in both .28 and .15 versions). I'm unsure of what's causing this.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
emu
Active player (380)
As far as I know (after 5 minutes of research ^^), there only seem to exist an (E) and (Unl) version, with the later one this tas was made (synched). "Unl" is an abbreviation for unlicensed rom. For "Dragon's Lair" (NES) there were 4 tases made so far, once with the (U) rom and the others (including the published one) with the J rom. For the game itself exist an (U), (E) and (J) version. I have never heard of "(JAN)" and I guess the term doesn't exist in terms of rom nomenclature. Your run doesn't look that bad. Though the rom ("Super Game" intro, no options, unlicensed) bothers me a little bit, despite the more appealing graphics and its similarities to the SNES/genesis counterparts. edit: whoops, mmbossman beat me to it.
Senior Moderator
Mappers don't have anything to do with hacks. Read more: http://bripro.com/low/mappers/index.php
Warp wrote:
Edit: I think I understand now: It's my avatar, isn't it? It makes me look angry.
max12187566 wrote:
Lion King is only in SNES that the Japanese version exists
DiffCalc .NET Frameworks 3.5 required.
Skilled player (1470)
At least I haven't found this version.And I don't like this game.
Do the work.
Confirmed. This one seems to be Lion_King,_The_(Unl).nes in my collection.
Former player
What's meaning of "UNL"??? I really want to know the version of this rom!!!
max12187566 wrote:
It stands for Unlicensed. While we're at it, what does "JAN" mean? ?_?
Experienced player (822)
I'm glad NVA had the same problem as I did with the gray screen.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
emu
Active player (380)
max12187566 wrote:
Didn't I anwer this three days ago?
For those who can't view the movie/don't have/can't aquire the rom: http://youtube.com/watch?v=grKl5qBlg8s Credits to runner in the description. Sorry about the subpar quality.
Its not that you played the game bad, its just a bad game. No.
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Skilled player (1637)
If the flying glitch had been more extensive and usable, this would have been a good video. However, it looks like a crappy rendition of the Gens game, as is. Meh.
Sage advice from a friend of Jim: So put your tinfoil hat back in the closet, open your eyes to the truth, and realize that the government is in fact causing austismal cancer with it's 9/11 fluoride vaccinations of your water supply.
Player (120)
I voted a couple days ago and didn't comment, I assume it was a "yes" but I don't remember... I can't really add much beyond what emu and DarkKobold wrote: looks decently played, has some interesting bits but the game itself detracts from it to some extent. Still liked watching it though.
I make a comic with no image files and you should read it. While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. -Eugene Debs
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, stale!
MarbleousDave
He/Him
Player (12)
There is a European NES version, why wasn't that one TASed instead of this one?
Dwedit
He/Him
The late Disney European NES games were far worse than what the pirates made. For example, compare Licensed Aladdin (E) with "Super Aladdin" from Super Game.