Submission Text Full Submission Page
-recorded with Snes9X v1.51
-takes damage to save time
-aims for fastest time
-abuses programming errors in the game
-manipulates luck
General comments:
  • Billy used because he and Jimmy have longer run attack range and more effective jump attacks
  • I never use punchs because they take too much time and because only the last hit in the punch combo counts as a "hit," whereas a run attack or jump kick always counts as a "hit"
  • turbo feature used at certain points
  • I never use poles because then I can't jump kick
Stage 1:
  • used a run attack trick on hanging enemies
  • ending move used against hands
  • avoided grabbing the laser robots
  • run attacks followed by several jump kicks used against Abobo
Stage 2:
  • luck manipulated at the Doormen of Doom to have dynamite thrown in convienient directions
  • bonus pods cannot be missed deliberately to save time
  • again run attacks and jump kicks used to defeat the boss
Stage 3:
  • "reverse wall walk" glitch used at certain points for entertainment purposes
  • for some reason beyond my comprehension, a glitch occurs causing an electrical blob to appear on screen constantly even after the point where the blobs normally stop appearing
  • luck manipulated so that at the end of the falling junk section, there are no pieces that would block my way
  • another boss battle quickly won by run attacks and jump kicks
Stage 4(This was SO hard to tas):
  • only stage where damage is taken
  • turbo feature used
  • during the pods section, at the end of each set, the rat ship doesn't go to the next set of pods(or the UFOs) until the last pod in the set is destroyed either automatically or by the player.
  • luck manipulated to prevent the UFOs from shooting me
  • damage taken during the "side pellet guns" and "small pellet gun" sections to maintain a steady stream of fire
Stage 5:
  • sections with ninjas very hard to tas
  • after defeating the last dynamite guy, I make it look like I'm trying to blow out the dynamite
  • jump kicks used to defeat Robo-Manus
Stage 6:
  • if I wait or move away from the enemies, it is deliberate to put them in convenient places to jump kick them in order to use the ending move on them or put them in convenient places
  • the section right after the twin walkers may look slow, but due to the game's poor programming, the poles can be picked up even in midair, limiting my jump kick capabilities
  • run attacks and jump kicks used against Shadow Boss
Stage 7:
  • run attacks and jump kicks used to defeat the laser robots
  • after the hand is defeated, the screen must scroll a bit in order for the Dark Queen to appear.
  • run attacks and jump kicks used to tear Dark Queen apart
This is my first tas ever and it is of one of my all-time favourites. I hope all who watch this tas enjoy it!

mmbossman: Edited for cleanup of stage lists and formatted text.

Because I feel that a two-player run would be faster and more entertaining, I am cancelling this submission. I am going to be busy for the next while, so don't expect any new submissions from me right away, let alone of this game.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
Active player (432)
Allow me to be one to vote yes first! First Super R-Type and now this. Thank you very very much for giving us a optimized TAS of this wonderful childhood game. Here are my comments from IRC during when you submitted your run and when I watched it:
<AngerFist> please god let that battletoads run be optimized!! <AngerFist> first very good sign, its around 3-4 minutes faster than the sda run <AngerFist> gotta make a club sandwich before watching this! <AngerFist> seems optimized!! :) <AngerFist> i cant wait to see how he handles the spaceship boss <AngerFist> hahaha total domination! <AngerFist> its perfect :D
A few people in the past have tried to optimize this game but unfortunately, all of them failed. Congratulations for your first optimized submitted TAS, I look forward seeing more runs from you! *high five*
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Skilled player (1670)
<Cardboard> Heh, I managed to hit the first ball-hand 4 frames faster, using his run up until the spawning of the hand <Cardboard> http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/1451032844/btddtas-test.smv smv to back my claim \o\ I bet that this game framefucks you but still So yeah this kind of game rarely entertains me and this was one of the cases when it did not. Meh.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
I was disappointed that a game with the words "ultimate team" in the title didn't get a 2-player treatment. No love for Bimmy. The movie didn't wow me either technically or stylistically. Just seemed to go through the motions as if it weren't tool-assisted. I have to give it a meh.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (240)
Phil started working on it, or had plans for it (or was it the NES version?), but the game isn't that good for TAS. The nes version at least holds some of the bugs from the original battletoads game. Dunno, unfortunately I can't watch TASes nowadays so I can't vote.
Banned User
I vote yes because this ROM has better graphics than the NES version. That and I love this game! I'm glad I found a TAS of this game, which wasn't too bad or too good, just right. =)
J.Y
Skilled player (1153)
Double Dragon is a good game~! YES~!~
Experienced player (822)
How much time could be saved with a two player version of this game? Also, are there opportunities for the use of two players to increase the entertainment value?
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Player (112)
I think the sections where enemies come from both sides, stage 4, and certain bosses can be completed faster with two players. I'm new at making TAS's, so it was hard enough for me to make a single player TAS. I'm going to school this coming semester, so it will likely be a while before any more submissions by me are made.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
This game just feels so uninspired compared to other Battletoad or Double Dragon games. Good work on the TAS, but this game sucks.
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Player (57)
Can we get a youtube link or something? I want to watch this speedrun, I miss playing this game when I was a kid.
Experienced player (822)
I got around to watching this finally, and while I think this game would make a great TAS if it was done properly, this run doesn't quite do it. Without a second player to interact with during the down times, and to help speed up some of the other sections, this run is simply just another beat-em-up. If you do decide to do another TAS of this, I think it could be easily be of acceptable quality, but this run simply doesn't live up to (what I see as) the games full potential. Sorry, but I vote no.
Player (112)
I have thought about it and I agree with you, mmbossman. A two-player run would be faster and far more entertaining, which is why I have cancelled the submission. Again, I am going to school this coming semester, so it will likely be a while before my next submission, let alone of this game.
Player (57)
Then I'll just have to wait a while longer to see a run of this childhood game.
Banned User
You did quite well - at least publish it so it can last a while before it gets worked on again!
Active player (432)
Is it possible to revive this submission? Seeing as nobody has even remotely indicated doing a 2-player run, I definitely think that this deserves a second chance and even publication. If a 2-player run is ever made and is more entertaining and faster, then it can by all means obsolete this movie.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
Banned User
2-player movie, yeah. I wonder if anyone is even doing that project right now? Even if it's 1-player, I am sure the run is well optimized after a lot of hard work. Don't cancel the hard work you put into a game, stay on top of it!
Experienced player (822)
AngerFist wrote:
I definitely think that this deserves a second chance and even publication.
This submission was canceled, not rejected. I'm not going to start going against the wishes of any author by un-canceling their submission; they are more than able to do it themselves if they so desire.
Active player (432)
Yes but he was influenced by the discussion of doing a 2-player run and that is why he cancelled it. Since then (a year ago?), he hasnt posted nor shown up so its pretty unlikely that he will return and even make a 2-player movie (I hope I'm wrong).
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Arc wrote:
natt wrote:
Cooljay wrote:
Player (112)
Hi, I'm the author of this movie! I know it has been a long time since my submission but the fact is that I have been very busy with school and with work. I would like to say that my two-player tas is in progress and it is proving to be faster than this submission. I don't have a set time frame for the release of my next tas, but I only ask for everyone to be patient. When my run comes, it comes. I think it would, as a result, be pointless to revive this run. I hope you all like my next tas!
Active player (432)
wooooohooooooo! <Loves Gastra Man> ^_^ Can't wait to see it :)
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Arc wrote:
natt wrote:
Cooljay wrote:
Experienced player (822)
Hi white gastra, glad to hear you're working on an improvement. Please do me a favor and change your avatar to one that conforms to site rules, 100 x 100 pixels. Thanks!