• Snes9X v1.43+ v15 (lua 0.05)
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Abuses programming errors
Inspector Gadget is a not-so-well-known game where you control Inspector Gadget and use his array of gadgets to help you rescue Penny. Each time a gadget is used, it uses up a certain amount of hats. Only a few of the gadgets are useful in this TAS, though.

Gadgets used

Blue copter

The blue copter is obviously used to move faster than walking. It is only useful over long distances because its duration is timed. When the blue copter symbol is flashing, Gadget will be invincible while using it.

Red copter

A damaging copter that can be controlled. It is the main weapon used for fighting bosses because of its strength and its ability to be controlled.

Hook/grapple thing

The yellow hook that comes out of Inspector Gadget's hat. Used for vertical climbing in different situations.

Plunger arrows

Those weird things Gadget shoots that stick to walls. Also used for vertical climbing.

Bombs

Used to break through blocks in the floor a few times.

Lantern

Used a few times to kill enemies. For enemies I can't kill without stopping, I damage boost through them.

Arrows

Used once near the end to leave me with six hats.

Level by level

Level 1

Nothing much here. I go in the warp to collect some hats to use on the blue copter.

Level 2

In the second section, I collect some red copters for the boss. A vertical part like this sucks because the camera does not keep up. While I am not on camera, I damage boost off of an enemy to get across a large gap.

Level 3

A very easy level. Blue copters to get to the end and a red copter on the boss. I used a shiny blue copter to kill a fish that comes out of the water that would normally get in my way.

Level 4

Almost just as easy. Blue copters again with a few enemies along the way. Red copter on the boss.

Level 5

I take damage to skip hitting a switch in the first part. I take a shortcut in the second part, but I have to slow down a bit because plunger arrows only work if Gadget is on screen. Massive time saver in the third part by using a shiny blue copter to skip most of the spikes.

Level 6

Falling in the first part, copters in the second, and springs in the third. Not much there. The fourth area with the lifts only needs to be fast enough to catch one of the lifts toward the end. Normally for the boss, he sucks away all of your remaining hats before the fight so that you can't use gadgets. However, I use a red copter to bring me down to zero to save time and to use it on the boss, making the fight much easier and quicker.
This wasn't all that bad to make. It was actually somewhat fun. Hope you enjoy.

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

mmbossman: Accepting for publication (and removing screenshots due to a desync).

Chaosv1: Encoding...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2075: BioSpark's SNES Inspector Gadget in 14:00.25
That was pretty good. On the second level I was surprised to see him without any clothes on when the camera came back, but I figured you had just gotten hit. It got a tad repetitive, but the diversity of the levels and the in-between mission bits helped to alleviate that (for me, at least). The bosses seemed really weak. I'd give a "Yes" if I could.
Signature place holder.
Sir_VG
He/Him
Player (39)
I'll get you next time, Gadget. NEXT TIME! *shakes fist*
Taking over the world, one game at a time. Currently TASing: Nothing
Active player (353)
heh loved the series as a kid, but never even heard of this game :P appears to me as an horribly slow game to play non-TAS... but thats not very relevant atm ^J^ you manage to use a variety of abilities to make your way through the stages with some surprising shortcuts, stage 5 in particular :) can't say much about optimality since i don't know the game, but it sure does looks fast (and on top of that, i dont expect anybody else to TAS this game anytime soon) so yes-vote
TASes: [URL=http://tasvideos.org/Movies-298up-Obs.html]Mr. Nutz (SNES), Young Merlin 100% (SNES), Animaniacs 100% (SNES)[/URL]
I like this one. The animation and speed is at the right kind of level to entertain me, but the levels aren't exactly inspired. Not the most interesting TAS on the site but definitely not in the bottom 50%.
Voted NO for NO reason
LagDotCom wrote:
I like this one. The animation and speed is at the right kind of level to entertain me, but the levels aren't exactly inspired. Not the most interesting TAS on the site but definitely not in the bottom 50%.
Agreed, well worth a watch, and while it is not the most exciting run on the site, it is played well, and has the right movie length. A Yes from me as well.
It's fun to watch, I can tell this game ticked off many a fan of the show though. They showed Dr. Claws face, and the music does not match the series. :<
(???)
Editor, Player (94)
That game over screenshot is a pretty good one...
Very nice run, great improvement on the submission(?) I saw by Zurreco. Way to make a difficult game look painfully easy. Voting Yes.
Experienced player (822)
I never needed to know the color of Inspector Gadget's underwear. The run was neat though.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1189] SNES Inspector Gadget by BioSpark in 14:00.25
Post subject: This Movie Gets 3.5 Stars
I thought it was a Ghost 'n Goblins clone the way Gadget would die if he was hit again without his trench coat. This is very much like the cartoon show, but this is the first and only time we actually get to see Dr. Claw in person ... Well, other than in the live-action movie. I don't like how Gadget literally "swims" in the air when he's using the Gadget Coptor though. Where's the handles when he uses it?
Banned User, Former player
Why doesn't the avi file follow the same naming convention as every other published avi?
It's supposed to be Game Title first, "TAS" next, then Author last. Is that what you meant? Ooops.