This run focus on ENTERTAINMENT , speed is not a priority here. I tried to make a lot of variations of combos and never repeating the same strategy at any stage. I choose yoshi again, because it's one of my favorite characthers, has an excelent combo potential and is the funniest characther in game.

• Stage 1 - Link: Every hit besides the egg is a combo, used the wall a lot to make it entertaining, the last hit was used for a more entertaining finish even notconnecting perfectly.
  • Stage 2 - Yoshi team : I tried to make this as entertaining as it could be, wasn't a fast completion but it sure was entertaining, a variation of items can be used here because i have the time required for them to appear.
  • Stage 3 - Fox : Average yoshi combo, although it doesn't look like, every hit conects, fox has already reached the ground at the DAIR so he cannot tech out, you can tell by his upwards spinning animation. Thinking of the perfect combo to kill him entertainingly is hard because of the lack of walls in the stage, the distance to the edge , and the fact that fox is a mid weight characther, being harder to combo with yoshi. Glad this turned out well. ( i didn't use airwing because they take about 15 seconds to appear and most times shoots at the wrong direction.)
  • Stage 4 : Mario Bros : A few hits in the beggining just to get everything in position, after the blomb explodes every hit connects on both brothers. IMO best looking combo.
  • Stage 5: Pikachu : Yoshi doesn't have much potential against medium - low weighted characthers, used venosaur to make the combo more entertaining and not having to finish it quicker, every hit connects.
  • Stage 6: DK : it's impossible to hit a 0 to death on giant DK using yoshi, so i decided to show the beastly damage per sec power yoshi has. Since DK is insanely heavy, the UAIR juggle can be repated very long while still connecting.
  • Stage 7: Kirby team : there aren't much ways of finishing off kirbys, the coolest way is to spike them to death, so i prefered using it. Added a shield breaker and manipulated link kirby suicide just for fun :P
  • Stage 8: Samus : This fight was already quite entertaining in my last TAS, did a few modifications at the beginning and spiked her to death , ping pong with lava was short but cool IMO.
  • Stage 9: Metal Mario : I prefered to keep the egg strategy. I could have also gotten him to 300% and then finishing him off as usual, but that was already done at giant DK, Metal Mario isn't much of a fun fight if u ask me, the eggs is the best way to kill him while still keeping some of entertainment IMO.
  • Stage 10: Polygon team: Made it less repetitive and used most items as i could. Pretty entertaining overall.
  • Final Stage: I used a diferent way of manipulating the Hand's move at the beggining which i couldn't get to work in the speedrun, that allowed me to parry the crush and keep going on with the hits. There really is no way more entertaining than that to kill the hand off, still it's a cool way.
  • Bonus Stages: Completed as everyone requested, since i'm not going to the fastest time there's no reason to skip them now.

I hope this run is better seen by the sight of the expectators than the last run, because it trully is more entertaining than pure speed.

mmbossman: This movie demonstates a good superplay of this game; it shows off funny and interesting fights while still maintaining a quick tempo. It is clear that this is a tool-assisted movie to a normal viewer, and viewer feedback has been extremely positive. As such, I am accepting this for publication as a "playaround" type movie. Future runs will be judged by the entertainment value and mastery of the game, rather than the final completion time.

Raiscan: Processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2077: Blaze's N64 Super Smash Bros. in 08:19.67
This run is an example of both everything Super Smash Bros is and can be, and what a TAS is and can be. You destroy enemies in pretty funny ways, and it had me laughing thoughout. This is the kinda thing I was talking about. Yes vote.
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Former player
I loved it before, now I love it even more. The spike on the Mario Bros. stage really was something special. As Raiscan said, this is everything that a SSB run should be.
My published movies [03:45:05] <Naohiro19> Soulrivers: ... [03:45:19] <Soulrivers> ? [03:46:35] <Naohiro19> <Soulrivers> No! <Naohiro19> So? <Soulrivers> Yes! [03:46:48] <Naohiro19> joke
Former player
That's that speed/entertainment balance I was talking about. Yes vote. (just to clarify, I'd also prefer the other one to be published instead, but that doesn't look likely)
Active player (490)
I preferred the other run. The goal should be to finish it as quickly as possible. This was nice, though, but the other one should be published, not this.
Skilled player (1402)
Yeah, this was a lot more enteraining, it gets my yes vote. Do note that it's open for competition, and a more entertaining playaround could obsolete it.
Swordless Link wrote:
The goal should be to finish it as quickly as possible.
hee hee hee, he's so cute mupen doesn't like this pc. waiting on a video file. :)
Voted NO for NO reason
Former player
This was definitely a lot better than the previous movie. I just finished watching both of them, and the first one had me holding tab from after the first fight. This one however it didn't get touched in. Personally, the two things that could make this slightly better would be speeding through the credits and hitting everything, and the fighting and utterly humiliating the Ness cpu. Yes vote on this, as it's certainly the best of the SSB runs that have been submitted thus far. Edit - Forgot to mention the other big point that would've been nice to see: in the Giant DK fight, you should've tried to manipulate the small DK into KO'ing him with the punch, as opposed to KO'ing him yourself. DK had that punch stored for a large portion of the fight and didn't do anything with it.
Atma wrote:
Personally, the two things that could make this slightly better would be speeding through the credits and hitting everything, and the fighting and utterly humiliating the Ness cpu.
I agree with this. It would be pretty cool seeing an 100% hit rate of the credits and beating the crap out of Ness.
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Former player
Much much much much much much much better! Meh vote.
hi nitrodon streamline: cyn-chine
Experienced player (822)
Yes fights: Link, Yoshi-team, Mario Bros., Kirby team, Polygon team, Master Hand Meh fights: Fox, Giant DK, Samus, No fights: Pikachu, Metal Mario Bonus stages: Glad they're in there (and fast), FAILURE just seemed wrong. I especially liked the Yoshi-team fight, it was exactly what I wanted to see from a run like this. I think there is still some work to be done on the meh and no fights, but overall it did what it was meant to do: entertain. Voting yes.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Raiscan wrote:
Atma wrote:
Personally, the two things that could make this slightly better would be speeding through the credits and hitting everything, and the fighting and utterly humiliating the Ness cpu.
I agree with this. It would be pretty cool seeing an 100% hit rate of the credits and beating the crap out of Ness.
thirding also not a big fan of yoshi but as you said he is funny so a yes vote all in all (didnt vote on the other one by the way)
Skilled player (1670)
It was pretty good. Samus was cool because I was like "meh another knock down" then the hoe came back. Sweet beans. However a few fights, like big DK, Metal Mario and Fox were really meh, and somewhat bleh. So yeah this had its moment but the meh-moments were too many so I vote meh. Also a message to mmbossman: fuck you <3
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
I find Yoshi a bit one dimensional to watch, a more quicker character would have been better say Fox. I'm glad you did the bonus stages this time around but I felt the 1v1 stages were a bit repetitive, since most of them were just drill kick about 10 times and then use a strong tilt attack to knock them off. Meh vote.
Former player
at dk and metal mario, there really is no combo option and no item option the best u can do is just finish off right away or damage them like hell. As for fox and pikachu , theres not much to do because of the lack of walls at fox and the lack of combos at pikachu , the common non-TAS combo method wouldn't be cool at all so that was about the best those fights can get...
Former player
AKA wrote:
I find Yoshi a bit one dimensional to watch, a more quicker character would have been better say Fox. I'm glad you did the bonus stages this time around but I felt the 1v1 stages were a bit repetitive, since most of them were just drill kick about 10 times and then use a strong tilt attack to knock them off. Meh vote.
What? That was only done on the DK fight and Master Hand, as far as I could tell. The former one isn't even a 1v1 fight.
My published movies [03:45:05] <Naohiro19> Soulrivers: ... [03:45:19] <Soulrivers> ? [03:46:35] <Naohiro19> <Soulrivers> No! <Naohiro19> So? <Soulrivers> Yes! [03:46:48] <Naohiro19> joke
It was a lot more entertaining than the other one. I liked this a lot more. I'd vote yes.
Signature place holder.
BKDJ! *cracks whip* ENCODE FASTER! ;3 Anyways, I look forward to seeing this tas whenever an encode/publish happens.
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Yes! This is exactly what I was hoping for. I literally laughed aloud several parts throughout this run. Small bits of the Kirby and Polygon fights seemed sync'd with the music as well which is always a plus. I'm also glad you ran through Metal Mario/Master Hand quickly, there's no real interesting way to fight those two without items since you can't really do much more than damage them. And tell me this Yoshi doesn't look badass.
I will not use self-reference in my signature.
Baxter wrote:
Yeah, this was a lot more enteraining, it gets my yes vote. Do note that it's open for competition, and a more entertaining playaround could obsolete it.
What if we take different characters into consideration? Yoshi provides a different form of entertainment that someone like Ness or Link. Or Captain Falcon. Of course, 12 potential runs would be a bit of a stretch, but it is something to consider if any future playarounds are different enough.
Former player
Acheron86, this Yoshi doesn't look badass.
Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign aqfaq Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign Deign
jimsfriend wrote:
Acheron86, this Yoshi doesn't look badass.
Yeah, I guess I brought that on myself. I like him though.
I will not use self-reference in my signature.
System Error wrote:
Baxter wrote:
What if we take different characters into consideration? Yoshi provides a different form of entertainment that someone like Ness or Link. Or Captain Falcon. Of course, 12 potential runs would be a bit of a stretch, but it is something to consider if any future playarounds are different enough.
Aside from the relatively different B moves, wouldn't every game be just about the same? EDIT: then again, Mortal Kombat has all the same moves for every character, just different "B" moves. Never mind :P
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Skilled player (1402)
System Error wrote:
Baxter wrote:
I said "a more entertaining playaround". This could be a yoshi run doing the same, but more entertaining, but is (I think) more likely ultimately a couple of four player brawl matches with all secret characters unlocked. I don't see why we need more than one TAS to show off entertaining stuff at this game... what keeps a TASer from using more characters?
Player (58)
Okay I need a link to watch this.