* Recorded with Snes9x 1.43 Improvement 12 (uses WIP1 timing)
   * No warps or passwords
   * Aims for fastest time
Did this run mostly because I had nothing to do at the moment...
It is an improvement of 4493 frames or 74.9 seconds over Acmlm's previously published run of the game. The improvements came mostly from altered routes in the levels, or playing the same route more efficiently (keeping your speed for a longer distance, or just simply getting to a higher speed). Some time where also saved from trying to avoid as many yarn balls as possible, as each one adds 1 frame at the end of a level, but often it takes as long to get them as it does to avoid them, so not very much time is gained there in the end.
A big problem with this game is that Bubsy handles like a drunk refrigerator, he accelerates very slowly, has a very high minimum jump heigh, looses half of his accumulated speed when jumping, which you have to do constantly since EVERYTHING kills him in a single hit, oh and the collision detection is also bad. It is absolutely impossible to play in realtime. This also makes pretty much everything you do look unoptimized, no matter how you do it, which is annoying (but at least got me looking for better options all the time, which did result in improvements every now and then :p ).

mmbossman: Accepting as an improvement to the published movie.

adelikat: Processing

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
It's not completely impossible to play in realtime, as I do remember beating it at some point long ago as a rental, but it's certainly not an intuitive game by any stretch. You really must have been bored to tackle this one, though. :( I'll give it a watch later when I'm not falling asleep, but I have to say, that's a significant amount of time to chop off.
Kirby said so, so it must be true. ( >'.')>
Bubsy was one of the more fun games I played as a kid(hard too).I like the Genesis/Mega Drive version more though(The music sounds different). Guess I give it 7/8. 75 sec faster is pretty good.
"No love for the game gear"
jaysmad
Other
Experienced player (834)
Good improvement and loved the boss fights but this must have been pretty easy for you who has done runs like SM.
Nice improvement, it seems to run along at a nice brisk pace now. I remember playing this game when I was younger. I was never really that good at it, but now that I have gone back and played it recently, maybe it was not my skill that was poor, but rather the fact it had godawful controls, and poor design choices. Why have a character that is designed to speed through levels, only allowed to take one hit before biting the dust? Very difficult game to get through quickly, and for that reason alone this is a worthy run. 7.5/7.5 for me.
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1204] SNES Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind by Cpadolf in 15:16.90
After the watermark, the video itself is just a gray screen. I can hear the movie, but not see it.
It crashed my player and froze vid after about 5s (but I could hear it thereafter still, if I ignored the error). I had similar problems with other recent encodes of ShinyDoofy's. Then I updated codecs, and they worked. I suggest you update yours, and see if it fixes the problem.
Awful puns with references unlikely to be understood by the target audience are the best. It's difficult to imagine the same sound chip produces both this and Final Fantasy VI. I actually had to stop the video and double check I was watching a Super Nintendo run.