This is my New Year's gift, I hope you enjoy it! It's 149 frames faster than my last movie, 126 frames faster than my last submission, about Super Mario Bros walk through, but it's even faster in some levels that it doesn't count, and I did lots of tricks in it, one of them is new, which is the trick at the end of 8-2, I used a bullet to end faster. I didn't even think about it before! I think this one is much more perfect than my last one,it's better to watch!
And one more thing:Happy New Year!

NesVideoAgent: Hi! I am a robot. I took a few screenshots of this movie and placed them here. Here goes! Feel free to clean up the list.

adelikat: Accepting as an improvement to the published movie.
ShinyDoofy: Processing...

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2160: HappyLee's NES Super Mario Bros. "sidestroller" in 06:51.03
Expert player (2453)
I did it! Oh god I did it!!!
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Expert player (2453)
Happy New Year to all of you!
Recent projects: SMB warpless TAS (2018), SMB warpless walkathon (2019), SMB something never done before (2019), Extra Mario Bros. (best ending) (2020).
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
HappyLee, please use the edit function to avoid double posting.
Quite an unexpected (and large) improvement! Voted 6/9.5. Definitely good for publication, unless you find something else. ;)
<ccfreak2k> There is no 'ctrl' button on DeHackEd's computer. DeHackEd is always in control.
Banned User
This movie is an improvement over the (already good) existing one, therefore I'm in favor of accepting this to obsolete that. And, of course, encoded.
Gone.
Wow, 2.5 seconds on a run like this.. very impressive. Edit: haha, that was more entertaining than I expected. Nice bit of moonwalking by Mario, and that was a close call with those bullet bills in 8-2. I suppose waiting for that bullet bill in 8-3 would have negated the advantage of skipping the flag? Voted 8.5/9.5
Impressive, happy new year
Experienced player (576)
Pretty entertaining and well done run there. Liked all the walljumps and the bullet bill glitch a lot. 7/9
nineko wrote:
And, of course, encoded.
The audio seems to desync for me, and the picture seems oddly fuzzy. It also seems to cause FFDShow to use alot of cpu on my laptop, far more than is usually required to decode h264...
<adelikat> I am annoyed at my irc statements ending up in forums & sigs
Expert player (2453)
I think it's great,and I upload it to a Chinese website!
Former player
Encoded. Before someone asks about the seemingly weird x264 settings: I configured them after advice from x264 dev Dark Shikari; not using bframes cripples encoding efficiency, allowing more bframes in a row does not make playback more CPU demanding, threads don't hurt quality unless you use a LOT of them, increasing me_range does nothing good for a video with a res as low as 256x224.
J.Y
Skilled player (1153)
Wow! Impressive, happy new year for you! A yes vote from me :)
Player (223)
I kinda liked that bullet trick. Was an OK watch.
<adelikat> I've been quoted with worse
Banned User
Raiscan wrote:
nineko wrote:
And, of course, encoded.
The audio seems to desync for me, and the picture seems oddly fuzzy. It also seems to cause FFDShow to use alot of cpu on my laptop, far more than is usually required to decode h264...
That's weird, it works fine for me :\ Oh well, thanks for the report, I guess. Anyone else can confirm/deny this? I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong...
Gone.
Active player (482)
No problem with the encode here.
Former player
nineko wrote:
Raiscan wrote:
nineko wrote:
And, of course, encoded.
That's weird, it works fine for me :\ Oh well, thanks for the report, I guess. Anyone else can confirm/deny this? I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong...
It looks fine, but seeking.. doesn't work right. (Also, the bitrate is higher than needed, the image is too thin (you're supposed to force a 4:3 aspect), and the fps is 59.999 instead of 60.100 like it's supposed to be.)
Expert player (2453)
Johannes wrote:
nineko wrote:
Raiscan wrote:
nineko wrote:
And, of course, encoded.
It looks fine, but seeking.. doesn't work right. (Also, the bitrate is higher than needed, the image is too thin (you're supposed to force a 4:3 aspect), and the fps is 59.999 instead of 60.100 like it's supposed to be.)
But I think it's good enough, and it has my name on it!
Active player (308)
Excellent. 7/9.5 Sweet bulletbill glitch. I liked how they chased him through out the stage like that. :)
I'm not a fan of Mario movies, but I'll comment on the videos. I tried Johannes' encode, and it's like an .mp4 from SDA; 100% cpu usage. Usually the h264 videos from this site take up no cpu at all. I can't even watch a HQ run from SDA, it just completely thrashes my Athlon Barton 2800+. I don't know which h264 setting does it, but it's quite unfriendly to those without hardware h264 decoding or fairly recent processors. As an aside, HappyLee, your English has improved to the point where you are very easily understood. At this rate you will sound like a Briton within a year.
Expert player (2453)
Both encodes were very blurry for me until I turned of 'VMR9 mixer mode' in Media Player Classic (well, that or switching to the Overlay Mixer). I never knew that could have such a large effect. As for CPU usage, without any resizing it averages around 3% (well, 12% for a single core equivalent), so either it really is the architecture (I'm on a Core 2) or it's your codecs.
Former player
negjay wrote:
I'm not a fan of Mario movies, but I'll comment on the videos. I tried Johannes' encode, and it's like an .mp4 from SDA; 100% cpu usage. Usually the h264 videos from this site take up no cpu at all. I can't even watch a HQ run from SDA, it just completely thrashes my Athlon Barton 2800+. I don't know which h264 setting does it, but it's quite unfriendly to those without hardware h264 decoding or fairly recent processors. As an aside, HappyLee, your English has improved to the point where you are very easily understood. At this rate you will sound like a Briton within a year.
It takes 3-6% CPU in fullscreen for me. :/
Ver Greeneyes wrote:
Both encodes were very blurry for me until I turned of 'VMR9 mixer mode' in Media Player Classic (well, that or switching to the Overlay Mixer). I never knew that could have such a large effect.
Did you mess with the settings? It could be caused by hardware or software related issues. All "mixers" look crystal clear on my computer.
PUSH BUTTON B TO SELECT A WORLD
I like my "thank you"s in monetary form.