Submission Text Full Submission Page
Ghouls 'N Ghosts is action game published by capcom

About Movie

• Emulator version:Gens Rerecording 10a
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time
  • Settings in game are all default(didnt change anything)
It was hard to kill or avoid enemys like the red areemer because they can move so fast, and I sometimes get damage to save times. I changed my weapon to knife in stage 3 because knife is better than lance because they can exist up to three on screen at a time, lance only can exist up to two at a time in this game. I tried not to shoot weapon on ground because arthur (the character's name that I'm controlling) stop to walk when shooting weapons on ground. Sorry for my bad english, i hope i can tell information correct to people who read this submission. Please enjoy my movie.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2176: shisu's Genesis Ghouls 'N Ghosts in 07:30.92
Why does it say "practice" at the bottom? (EDIT: means low difficulty) The game isn't finished when you end it but since this is a G&G game the whole second run through can arguably be ignored since watching the same thing again won't be much fun (not sure how much the requirement to get the magic armor and the "power" changes). You have tons of missed shots, even when targetting bosses, I'm worried that that may have resulted in slower boss kills. OTOH the controls don't seem like they give a ton of flexibility. Did you make sure that you did land all the hits you could? Was it necessary to kill those demon faces that turn into a molten demon face on death instead of jumping over them? That got you quite some delay in one case since those snake arms got a chance to extend while you were fighting the face. Voted 7.5/6, the low technical score because of all the misses (in the scrolling stage you even aimed wrong at times so I don't think you were just manipulating the knife's spawn position or anything). EDIT: Also from trying to play the game for a bit it looked to me like jumping might be faster for movement than running?
KDR_11k wrote:
EDIT: Also from trying to play the game for a bit it looked to me like jumping might be faster for movement than running?
I haven't watched this TAS yet, but I can confirm that jumping is much faster than running.
Former player
Take more damage, miss less shots, jump more, play on professional difficulty... And you *can* get the magic armor on the first time around; I'm very surprised you don't. (edit:) If you're going to use the knife anyway, magic armor basically doubles your firepower.
Does grabbing the armor finish the game or do you have to get some item that only shows in the second playthrough (I think the SNES one insists on that)?
Skilled player (1404)
Same routine as the Super Nintendo version. Except the special weapon in this game doesn't suck!
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
thank you for reply,I didnt know that jumping is faster than running, and i should play in professional not practice. I know about magic armor, but i didnt get it because for saving time, maybe that was wrong. i should take damage in stage 4 too, because i have armor. I will make run again from start. thank you for advice. cancelled submission because it is not perfect.
Skilled player (1404)
Can I recommend something for your reboot? There's a code you can enter on the title screen (check GameFAQs here) that will start you off in the last level. This will allow you to start the second part of the game much sooner so you can actually get to Loki without much repetition. This allowance was given for the not-yet-made Super Nintendo version, so I doubt the judges would have issue with this. Good luck!
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Skilled player (1431)
Ferret Warlord wrote:
Can I recommend something for your reboot? There's a code you can enter on the title screen (check GameFAQs here) that will start you off in the last level. This will allow you to start the second part of the game much sooner so you can actually get to Loki without much repetition. This allowance was given for the not-yet-made Super Nintendo version, so I doubt the judges would have issue with this.
From what I've read you can fight Loki on the first run through if it is on the hardest difficulty to begin with. Maybe I misinterpreted something though.
Agare Bagare Kopparslagare
Player (223)
Usually GnG games require you to complete the game twice, unless you use the code.
<adelikat> I've been quoted with worse
Skilled player (1404)
Cpadolf wrote:
From what I've read you can fight Loki on the first run through if it is on the hardest difficulty to begin with. Maybe I misinterpreted something though.
Yeah, you have to have the special weapon to get to Loki, but it's only available during the second playthrough. It's not available in the first in either difficulty.