Submission Text Full Submission Page
This movie 83 frames faster thanFerret Warlord's run.
  • I used fceu-rerecording-0.98.28
  • Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time

Stage1

Disappearing a enemy at the end.
7 frames saved.

Stage2

I optimized to defeat Dr. Morbis.
50 frames saved.

Stage3

Lag reduction and changing to jump timing.
2 frames saved.

Stage4

I optimized movement (14 frames) and to defeat Ape-Man (10 frames)
24 frames saved.

Thanks to

Ferret Warlord:His fmc file is very useful.I couldn't improve his record if it weren't.
FinalFighter:I Reffered to defeat Dr. Morbis.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2178: illayaya's NES Cheetahmen II in 02:21.57
Skilled player (1404)
Aw, heck yeah! Edit: Youtube'd! Removed due to pending improvement.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
I'm sorry... but only to Stage 4, when there's 6 levels? Or does it not record a hard reset or such? Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Banned User
And here's an encode. Though Ferret Warlord's youtube link is preferred. http://rapidshare.com/files/196083819/cheetahmen2-tas-was0x.avi Man I love the background song.
Gone.
Skilled player (1404)
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:
I'm sorry... but only to Stage 4, when there's 6 levels? Or does it not record a hard reset or such? Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
I believe that trick is only possible on a cartridge.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Player (208)
Hahahaha, this game is hilarious. In all seriousness, thank you for completing this run, the game is humorously worth watching. Poor game choice will probably lead to this being rejected as with the previous submission. This is hilariously awesome gruefood delight though. (Alden will be thrilled.) (Mr. Kelly R. Flewin - The game was never completed and cannot get past level 4 unless patched to my knowledge.)
Experienced player (872)
>Mr. Kelly R. Flewin This game has gliches.So I can't go to level5,6. However,I'll be able to go to those stages if I apply an ips to this game. I'm sorry…I forgot setting "Hard reset". But,I think this setting never influences my run. Because this game doesn't have save function. EDIT >nineko,Ferret Warlord Thank you for encording,Maybe I play Level 5,6 and upload on youtube with fcm. >Kirkq I feel this run is rejected too,But I was enjoyed to make.
Lol, cheetahmen 2
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Skilled player (1404)
I have looked into this movie and decided that it can be improved a little further. 1-1: Both you and I seem to be rather far away from that first staircase at around frame 660. I'm questioning my thinking of hanging back so as to not clip the steps. 2-1: I just tested this. What was the point in hitting the wolves after falling from those blocks (for instance, around frame 4500)? So they wouldn't hit you, giving you more health to get through the level. I learned that by pausing for two frames, they will pass right underneath you, and you can jump the rest of the way. I also learned that you can jump at *any* point during Herc's punch, so jumping at the end will result in the same two frame savings that jumping at the beginning will yield. This might be useful for saving a few frames.
was0x wrote:
>Mr. Kelly R. Flewin This game has gliches.So I can't go to level5,6. However,I'll be able to go to those stages if I apply an ips to this game.
That makes sense then. Thank you for so kindly letting me know about this, as I was unawares of that being the case. I will happily review this now. [And yeah, I own the game too, so at least I can say I know wtf is going on ^^;] Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin Just another random gamer ---- <OmnipotentEntity> How do you people get bored in the span of 10 seconds? Worst ADD ever.
Experienced player (872)
I cancelled because I found huge improvement. Thanks,Ferret Warlord.
was0x wrote:
Considering how shoddily this game was compiled, I am not exactly totally surprised by this development. ^^; I wonder if an IPS patch would be permitted so the final levels of shame would be seen... I know I'd love to see it. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:
was0x wrote:
Considering how shoddily this game was compiled, I am not exactly totally surprised by this development. ^^; I wonder if an IPS patch would be permitted so the final levels of shame would be seen... I know I'd love to see it. Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Theoretically, I would say it would be a concept demo, or something of that sort. I don't see why it wouldn't be accepted as a concept demo with the patch... I can see why it wouldn't be accepted as a run. As hilarious as it is, it is still a horrid game and probably nothing more than a concept demo'd gruefood delight :(
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Player (67)
Why anyone would bother to TAS this thing is beyond me. (edit: not really since it must have taken like five minutes or less) It's so unfinished, it's could hardly even be called a game. It's more like a test hack side project by someone who forgot it after two hours. The main success of this thing is that it actually manages to draw some sprites on the screen. I don't know why the music is so catchy, though.