This game is very hard to timeattack.
The hardest one we've seen.
Harder than SMB3.
56950 re-record count was needed to complete it.

Bisqwit: Why so many re-records?
Phil: To control the randomness and have precised moves.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #108: Phil, Genisto's SNES Super Castlevania 4 in 31:15.70
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [126] SNES Super Castlevania IV by Phil, Genisto in 31:15.70
Ren
Would it be possible to find out the SHA/MD5 checksum of the used file, or alternatively the "right" settings for this? I'm getting a desync in the second level where the current Belmont (I forget which ;) ) gets stuck in a hand that sprouts from the ground. In the .avi movie it appears that Belmont throws a vial of holy water at it, suggesting up+down or similar, but up+down fix doesn't work :/
Editor, Active player (296)
You need to check the WIP timing checkbox because this movie was made with an older version of snes9x.
Ren
CRC32: B64FFB12 [X] Use WIP1 Timing [X] Allow Left+Right / Up+Down [X] Volume Envelope Height Reading [ ] Fake Mute desync workaround [ ] Sync samples with sound CPU It works perfectly fine until the hand reaches up and grabs Belmont.
Active player (277)
Try unchecking the second one.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
Ren
That did it, thanks.
Post subject: ARGGGHH!!!!!!!
NOW is'nt that a big laugh in my face!!!!!!!!! Jesus crimony! I am the original speed runner for super castlevania 4, my old site is here... http://paultwo.8k.com/castlevania4.html those were done on ZSNES, each movie file was done on a straight through run for each level (so i did'nt paste small segments together). Any way, i was bored the other day, so i decided to go back to my speed runs through castlevania 4, so yep, i was going to have it be tool-assisted so the whole thing is flawless (like yours, arghh). I finished the first level completely, and did it 3 seconds slower than yours, because i did'nt do that trick you did with going through the wall, HOW THE HELL did you find that out? I tried to see if i could do something similar to that for hours, but nothing came up LOL. After i finished the first level, i was thinking, hmm, i wonder if somebody else out there has done a speed run through this game since i was away from speed runnin this game, so to google i went, and i came here, downloaded the movie, then watched it, and... THAT WAS THE BIGGEST LAUGH IN MY FACE I EVER SEEN!!! LOL Obvioulsy, i would be wasting my damn time bothering to complete the rest of the levels, cause it's allready been freaken done!!!!!!! YOU GUYS STOLE MY SPEED RUNNIN GAME !!!!!!!!!!! HAAHHAHAHAAH I know this is 2 years old now, but my life goal was to do exactly what you guys did with this game. Even though i know you guys did a lot of rerecords, i know it's not easy to find the perfect routes through this game, cause i've been through the same thing myself. You gotta know when to get hit and when not to. I am pretty much aware of ALL the routes/patterns you guys did (except you guys did a few more things i never knew), i also know a couple things you guys dont know about. I may have to try and beat your time! I wont stop till i do.
Former player
Lurk more.
Emulator Coder, Skilled player (1300)
No, go ahead and beat Phil's run if you can. He might have to beat yours back, though. Then again, maybe it would be better to work on a run of a different game that is more in need of improvement, such as Castlevania: Dracula X.
Active player (432)
AnotherGamer wrote:
Lurk more.
You are so nice. Nitsuja, this run could be improved even how well its been played. For instance, according to Phil, they did not have frame counter when they did this run so here is a big potential. Secondly, if I would work on this run, I would investigate the jumping and stuff and also, I would aim to jump to reach a certain platform (downwards) faster as the character accelerates very fast compared with only walking - quite sure I'd gain lots of frames doing this.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
I can´t understand why not more positive response have been made about this movie. Its one of my absolute favorite TAS run on this site, and is unchallanged still. This is without doubt a star-deserving movie. It was one of those movies that made me interested in TAS runs and I am certain I am not alone in that matter.
Site Admin, Skilled player (1236)
Warning: When making decisions, I try to collect as much data as possible before actually deciding. I try to abstract away and see the principles behind real world events and people's opinions. I try to generalize them and turn into something clear and reusable. I hate depending on unpredictable and having to make lottery guesses. Any problem can be solved by systems thinking and acting.