Submission Text Full Submission Page
A well loved classical shooting game ported from Arcade to home Console, it's difficult to say just how much of somebodies life may have gotten wasted by playing this game for true fun.
This run aims for: -Maximum possible score -Played on hardest setting -Hitting as many targets as possible
There isn't too much technical stuff to go with this.. it takes 6 frames for a shot to actually hit a target, some targets have larger-than-sprite hitboxes meanwhile others seem to be a pixel-or-two smaller than their sprite would suggest. Overall this run is for those who would love to watch the game get simply slaughtered.

adelikat: Rejecting because the author is currently improving this.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2203: DDRKhat's PSX Point Blank in 07:52.73
Active player (441)
I've seen some footage of the game and it looks interesting, but I'm going to wait for an encode before voting.
My current project: Something mysterious (oooooh!) My username is all lower-case letters. Please get it right :(
Former player
Would you be able to give a bit more info on the image used (eg. US, PAL etc.) or an encode?
Player (36)
I am afraid I have no way of telling. I used to import back in the day so I have no idea if it's american or not, anyway you could let me know of how to identify it? I would do an encode but I can't seem to get a nice audio quality... if I could get some suggestions or something I would hop to it. [edit] Bah, ninja posted by mz. thanks!
A whisper in the wind~~
mz
Player (79)
Atma wrote:
Would you be able to give a bit more info on the image used (eg. US, PAL etc.)
Point Blank [U] [SLUS-00481]
You're just fucking stupid, everyone hates you, sorry to tell you the truth. no one likes you, you're someone pretentious and TASes only to be on speed game, but don't have any hope, you won't get there.
Will youtubeise when given an encode. Have not done a PSX run yet. ^.^
Player (36)
Flygon wrote:
Will youtubeise when given an encode. Have not done a PSX run yet. ^.^
I would prefer if it went to my own youtube channel once there was an encode, thank you. I am just looking for someone to encode it. I could do it but the audio sounds like crap. I don't know why but now for smoe reason my run is always De-Syncing? It was fine yesterday, I watched it from start to finish several times before submitting it! what's going on? I believe it's because I changed my settings for the audio plugin..
A whisper in the wind~~
Understood, I only upload if no one else is going to upload, thats all. And honestly, I'm happy. Mainly because the run gets to its intended location, the author.
Player (36)
If someone wouldn't mind doing an encode for this it'd be much appreciated.
A whisper in the wind~~
Former player
DDRKhat: I finally got around to watching this, only for it to desync after 3 "stages". Thusly, I ask you 2 questions: 1) Prior to submitting, did you playback the movie to make sure it actually synced (I've encountered several instances of playing back a movie only after editing for it to desync despite syncing on early playbacks, which is usually fixed by loading a savestate from a late point in the movie)? 2) If so, and the pxm synced fine, what are the exact plugin settings you used to get it to sync? I've tried a variety of them with absolutely no success. If you could get back to me on this that'd be great.
Active player (277)
The title reminds me of Close Range as covered by The Onion, but it looks like there's a little more to this game than shooting people in the face.
put yourself in my rocketpack if that poochie is one outrageous dude
I'm also waiting for an encoding. Can't wait to see all them faces get shot. Edit: at point blank
I tested some plugin configuration and im getting some desync a third stage too... and some time after "out of credit" :/ Is it normal that pcsxrr get some blackscreen between each stage/end-stage load??? I can't even see the frame counter!! this total blackscreen seem to be 60-120 frame long. Finally I personally don't think that the actual pcsxrr version can make any true high quality audio(for now)... even in symphony of night, I'm not quite sure... but I feel like there some background music and some other thing are missing... but I not the one that can confirm anything, thought.
Player (36)
Atma wrote:
DDRKhat: I finally got around to watching this, only for it to desync after 3 "stages". Thusly, I ask you 2 questions: 1) Prior to submitting, did you playback the movie to make sure it actually synced (I've encountered several instances of playing back a movie only after editing for it to desync despite syncing on early playbacks, which is usually fixed by loading a savestate from a late point in the movie)? 2) If so, and the pxm synced fine, what are the exact plugin settings you used to get it to sync? I've tried a variety of them with absolutely no success. If you could get back to me on this that'd be great.
As I said once It was complete I gave it several watches through before even uploading it to make sure it was valid with no luck. If I had the tools to modify the video file itself I would fiddle around with blank frames and probably manage to fix the syncing issue.
A whisper in the wind~~
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
DDRKhat wrote:
with no luck.
j So you are saying it doesn't sync? If you can't get it to sync, why did you submit?
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Player (36)
seems I made a huge typo there. I was thinking half of my next sentance while typing that one, it was supposed to read; "As I said once, IT was complete I gave it several watches througb before even uploading it to make sure it was valid. Then went back to try and watch it again after I had tried to encode it, with no luck."
A whisper in the wind~~
Experienced player (822)
Atma wrote:
only for it to desync after 3 "stages".
Same thing happened to me. I'll try to play around with it over the next couple of days to see if I can get it to sync.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Experienced player (822)
I continue to get a desync at the start of stage 4, despite having the same .iso. So far there hasn't been very much interest in this submission, possibly due to playback difficulties, or possibly due to content. I'll let it go for another week. An encode would be help judging and help to gather some more feedback, which this submission sorely needs.
Living Well Is The Best Revenge My Personal Page
Player (36)
mmbossman wrote:
I continue to get a desync at the start of stage 4, despite having the same .iso. So far there hasn't been very much interest in this submission, possibly due to playback difficulties, or possibly due to content. I'll let it go for another week. An encode would be help judging and help to gather some more feedback, which this submission sorely needs.
Disapprove the submission for now. I've decided to start recording again (Have noticed some things to help improve the time and score) So the new one should obsolete this anyway by a few seconds.
A whisper in the wind~~
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... want more!
mz
Player (79)
I've fixed this movie thanks to TAS Movie Editor. Encode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYIYCGF5hLk Input file: khat-pb1-fixed.zip (I only modified stage 4; everything else still has the same input by DDRKhat.)
You're just fucking stupid, everyone hates you, sorry to tell you the truth. no one likes you, you're someone pretentious and TASes only to be on speed game, but don't have any hope, you won't get there.