Submission Text Full Submission Page
I was going to do an obscure Japanese psx game just so the encoding of it would be imposable but I couldn't find Heiwa Parlor! Pro Lupin Sansei Special. I was going to do the kickass game Pepsiman as an alternative but I got busy with other things and didn't finish it in time so I just submitted this run I did for fun a couple weeks ago.

Game objectives

• Emulator used: PCXS-RR v0.07
  • Beats team mode as quickly as possible.
  • Uses two controllers.
  • Uses a code.
  • Plays on the hardest difficulty

Comments

Except for playing on the hardest difficulty all other options are set to get the quickest time.

mmbossman: 15 seconds for one fight, no matter how well done, doesn't seem like much of a movie. A publishable version of this game will likely focus on entertainment, opposed to speed, as most of the other runs of fighting games has done. Sorry, I'm rejecting this, but I look forward to a version that contains more than one fight.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2218: errror1's PSX Street Fighter Alpha in 02:23.20
This video is absolutely hilarious, but I suggest it be rejected purely because the author was annoying enough to have his name typed in those pointless reversed characters in unicode. Edit: Ah, he fixed his name. I guess I vote yes, then.
Voted NO for NO reason
Can't quite figure out which parts of this emulator to fiddle with to get the movie working, so I will wait for an encode. If such a thing is forthcoming...
He already made an encode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLIBJjDloG4&fmt=18 If it's not THIS movie, it will be a very, very similar one.
Voted NO for NO reason
well, I enjoyed the youtube one, so I will vote yes.
adelikat wrote:
I very much agree with this post.
Bobmario511 wrote:
Forget party hats, Christmas tree hats all the way man.
Skilled player (1402)
Only a single fight? While it was entertaining (apart from the fact that half of the movie was loading screens), it was not satisfying. I would want to see more fights... voting meh.
Voted 5/? Pretty much what Baxter said. What's there is great, but there isn't enough of it. The gameplay in Street Fighter has potential for more than an "over in three seconds" novelty video. I expect a vast majority would rather see fighting more elaborate and entertaining than a fast completion.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Ditto. I don't quite understand how it was completed in 1 fight but I find 1 fight insufficient. Also, none of our Street Fighter type games have ever solely aimed for fastest time. I'd like to see one with some kind of playaround aspect. I don't think this should be published.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
TASVideosGrue
They/Them
om, nom, nom... blech, salty!
Active player (292)