For your viewing pleasure

Use FCEUX2.1.0a to view this movie. Open the emulator and go to config > movie options and make sure display subtitles is selected. Open the movie then right-click and select View Comments.
All submission text info is displayed in the comments dialog. All significant improvements are mentioned in the subtitles as the movie is playing.
This movie is 837 frames faster than my previous attempt. The bulk of the time is from a nice shortcut in level 6. Thanks to honorableJay for pointing it out. Also thanks to Cardboard for the idea to improve the level 1 boss.

Summary

• Aims for fastest time
  • Takes damage to save time (and for fun sibling rivalry)
  • Manipulates luck
  • Abuses Programming errors in the game
  • Abuses Bimmy for fun

mmbossman: Nice improvements, and interesting use of the captions. Bimmy approves.

adelikat: Updated the submission file with a new movie that contains better subtitles (wording, placement, formatting). Also, processing.

TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This topic is for the purpose of discussing #2228: adelikat's NES Double Dragon II: The Revenge in 08:40.13
I love watching games be annihilated more and more... congrats, and keep up the good work!
"If any man is not free, then I too, am a small pie made of chicken"
Skilled player (1670)
I thought you abused Bimmy for sexual arousal.
Warp wrote:
omg lol this is so fake!!!1 the nes cant produce music like this!
Movie was excellent. And I love this captioning thing.
Banned User
I made an encode as my usual. I kept the subtitles in as suggested in the submission text.
Gone.
nesrocks
He/Him
Player (241)
Wow very impressive amount of saved time and overall results!
Skilled player (1404)
Close captioning? That's a neat feature! You, adeli, are truly something else. Edit: Cool little movie, cool little feature. For whatever reason I enjoyed how Bim and Jim made complete idiots of themselves by jumping into the spiked ceiling constantly. I approve of this movie! The close captioning, while neat, definitely looks like it needs some tweaking. I'll have to mess around with it myself in order to see what exactly.
A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skills but never know my name. And that will be good enough for me.
Yeah, the captions (like any knowledgeable commentary) really add a lot to the run. Thanks for including them! The run looks good to my untrained eye. Nice work!
Pyrel - an open-source rewrite of the Angband roguelike game in Python.
Mitjitsu
He/Him
Banned User, Experienced player (532)
This was my attempt to try and tweak the commentary. http://dehacked.2y.net/microstorage.php/info/809894552/adelikat-dd2v3.fm2 I've rated it 6.8/9.3
Uploading to youtube using nineko's encode. ^.^ Never played the game myself, but the concept of a commentary is too good to pass up.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Or you could wait and use the improved subtitles!
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
A bit late now, I am at 95% and Mums download and upload speed are crap. Besides, the main reason I upload the videos is so that people can see the run itself. I'll happily use the updated subtitles when the run is published though, to avoid the risk of having to reupload more than twice. ^.^ Uploaded to youtube! Please don't comment or favorite as the video WILL be removed and replaced with the final encode.
Skilled player (1307)
Wow! That was great! 9/10 Haha, you said Bimmy.
This run needs more "uses death as a shortcut"
No.
Skilled player (1885)
Nice run! Using subtitles seems like a nice addition to FCEUX. 7.4/9.2 from me.
I have to wonder if one of the sets of Dynamite Guys on the disappearing bridge on level 7 couldn't be done faster - you flying knee a pair into the left wall, where they bounce off it before hitting the spikes - is it possible to position yourself so they don't bounce? Constructive criticism on a great movie, the subtitles do a lot for me.
adelikat
He/Him
Emulator Coder, Site Developer, Site Owner, Expert player (3585)
Actually, the loss of time with bouncing on the wall is smaller than the time it would take to position them. And on the first set, the floor hasn't disappeared enough to avoid that from happening anyway.
It's hard to look this good. My TAS projects
Active player (432)
Here is my yes vote biatch! ^_^ (watched it before, neat improvement). All hail to the old voting system.
Nitrogenesis wrote:
Guys I come from the DidyKnogRacist communite, and you are all wrong, tihs is the run of the mileniun and everyone who says otherwise dosnt know any bater! I found this run vary ease to masturbate too!!!! Don't fuck with me, I know this game so that mean I'm always right!StupedfackincommunityTASVideoz!!!!!!
Arc wrote:
I enjoyed this movie in which hands firmly gripping a shaft lead to balls deep in multiple holes.
natt wrote:
I don't want to get involved in this discussion, but as a point of fact C# is literally the first goddamn thing on that fucking page you linked did you even fucking read it
Cooljay wrote:
Mayor Haggar and Cody are such nice people for the community. Metro City's hospitals reached an all time new record of incoming patients due to their great efforts :P
I seldom post but I wanted to say that using subtitles like this is EXCELLENT and really does raise the bar: in my mind no new video can really be called first-class if it fails to provide a subtitled commentary.
Emulator Coder, Former player
Yes vote from me ... very enjoyable improvement. Glad to see the old voting system in use again :)
Post subject: Movie published
TASVideoAgent
They/Them
This movie has been published. The posts before this message apply to the submission, and posts after this message apply to the published movie. ---- [1279] NES Double Dragon II: The Revenge "2 players" by adelikat in 08:40.13
Which one is the one with the commentary? I'd like to reupload the video for updation purposes, but uh, unsure which to download.
Banned User
Look at the filenames. The AVI below contains the magic word "subtitles" in its name.
Gone.
nineko, you are incredibly intelligent, I salute you. Thank you for all the help! Link to video.
I don't mean to turn this published run into the "Oh wow! Subtitles!" thread. But... Oh wow! Subtitles! This is the best thing since frame advance. No seriously! More runs with these, please. I knew the feature was there but I didn't appreciate it until now. Now I want to run something just so I can subtitle it. Haha.